Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Myrddin
    All OK

I previously had MedMod II 1.1 working OK, but did not install 2.0 before trying 2.1 - is this likely to cause a problem?
    That's the problem, I guess Wes had some problems to access his webpage so he only attached as he said a small update in this thread. So download the 2.0 textfiles from his homepage approx. 14 kb.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Thanks for the assistance
      "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

It must be fate

I looked at C3 and went "ehh". I started a C2-TOT game and had fun, but it was those tiny little graphics and such, and thought "ehh again". I remembered all the fun I had with CTP2, and wished that Wes had continued work on the AI, perhaps making it the game I'd hoped for.

And that got me thinking that I hadn't checked this site for months.

Amazing - a NEW MedMod. I'm downloading it as we speak, and looking forward to playing it as soon as the files are down.

Thanks for keeping at it, Wes!
        Bluevoss-

Comment

Hey Blue. Good to see ya back. You should try the other MODs too. Cradle, Apolyton, WAW. All four MODs are good.

Comment

Dale,

Will they all work with the Mod Swapper? I'd like to switch them in and out.

Has any work been done on making the cities more "excitable"? One of my big cranks with the game was that the cities hardly ever rebelled. I'd love to see more city management in the game.

Bluevoss-
            Bluevoss-

Comment

Blue:

Yep, all MODs are ModSwapper compatible. Basically, if we call it a MOD it works in ModSwapper. If we call it a scenario, it only works with vanilla CTP2 or from within a MOD (load the MOD through ModSwapper then run the scenario as per normal).

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
                Hey Blue. Good to see ya back. You should try the other MODs too. Cradle, Apolyton, WAW. All four MODs are good.
                Hey Dale you forgot one mod here GoodMod available for MedPack2 ApolytonPack and CityMod2, all ModSwapper mod options.

-Martin
                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Martin:

Sorry mate. I didn't mean to forget them.

Comment

Nice to see you back, Blue. I have about lost interest in Civ 3 as well. I finished up the mod I was working on for it just for my own enjoyment I guess, but I just don't have any urge to play with it right now. The last couple of games I played, I started carrying a magazine with me so I would have something to do during the interminable length of the AI turns. Also, continuing to keep up with the work here continually shows me how much smaller and confining civ 3 is compared to Ctp2 (see my new thread).

Comment

Of couse, the new Civ3 patch may make a difference. We'll just have to wait and see...
                      Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
                      Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Med Mod diplomod multi-player bug fix

Wes:

Please note you'll need to update my SLIC file with the attached. A multi-player bug was found. Here's the non-techo explanation:

When an AI civ died, and MaxPlayers allowed for another to appear, the diplomod.slc script would fire up the "initialise the new AI's diplomatic personality" section. Within multi-player, this was causing a crash if it fired after turn 1. To avoid this, a "disabler" is activated after turn 1 so the script doesn't fire up. This may sound like the new AI doesn't get an enhanced diplomatic personality. It will still receive the original "normal" personality of CTP2 vanilla. After a few turns, the new AI will check its diplomatic personality, and diplomod.slc will fire up the "next diplomatic personality" section. There are no bugs within this section, and therefore the AI swaps to the enhanced diplomod.slc diplomatic personalities. I'm sure that for the 5-10 turns that the new AI is in the original CTP2 diplomatic personalities will not impact the game.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, Dale. It is for reasons like this that I set up the file-by-author system- so that you and Wouter and Martin, etc. could post updates to your work directly to the mod thread.

Comment

Working...
                          X