Medieval Pack II v2.1: Crusade! update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the updates, WesW

These Mods keep getting better and better. . .

Comment

Thanks, Leo. Btw, here is a diffdb with the new settings in it. If you have problems with the dl, email me thru the button above.

Also, I fixed my problem with my winzip. If anyone is having problems with things going into the correct subfolders, check the flag that says "Use folder names," which pops up when you click the Extract button.
      Attached Files

Comment

HELP I HAVE TO KNOW WHY WHEN I TRY TO PLAY THE CRUSADE BETA ModSwapper Does not detec it

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua123
          HELP I HAVE TO KNOW WHY WHEN I TRY TO PLAY THE CRUSADE BETA ModSwapper Does not detec it
          I guess all the files of the mod aren't in the correct folders. So check if you can find a MM2_gamefile.txt in your ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\ folder. If not it is somewhere on your harddrive. To solve this problem use a newer unzipper that can rebuild the parth structure or just enable the rebuild parth function in WinZip. To do this open WinZip than open from the program the zip archive that contains MedPack2 and extract all the files in the from the readme given folder. Now make shure that the rebuild parth function is enabled in the extract window, unfortunatly I use a German version of WinZip therefore I don't know how they called it in the English version, maybe it is called use parth or something like this.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

File update

Due to popular demand, here is a modified version of Wouter's slic file which switches the disband code so that it activates upon the discovery of an advance, rather than the game turn.
            Now, Ancient age units are disbanded at the beginning of the fourth age with the discovery of Gunpowder, and the code then proceeds as usual, ending with Renaissance age units being disbanded upon the discovery of Cybernetics.
            You will need to unzip the file into this folder:
            C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_data\default\gamedata

Right-click, and save as "MM2_SLC_Wouter.zip". This has worked for me. Let me know if you have any problems.

Btw, I do not have access to my webpage, so I cannot update, remove or edit anything on it. Therefore, players need to check this thread whenever they notice it has been posted in. Sorry.
            Attached Files

Comment

Speaking of gunpowder...

WesW,

Is it right that when I got gunpowder I also got a couple of free units in each city or is it a bug?

Also, how come pirate ships of the lower techs still seem to be able to enter at least the edge of deep water?

Finally, because of ZOC, I had a ship trapped by a pirate ship, it simply couldn't move and the pirate ship wasn't moving either. I tried attacking it and for some reason it wouldn't let me and in the end I simply disbanded it. I can't remember offhand what type of ship it was but don't they all have an attack value so why wouldn't it work?
              Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
              Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

The free units are Elite militia units, the Arquebusier and Bombard.
                Also, the disband code kicks in with Flintlock, not Gunpowder as I said yesterday.
                As for the pirates, we need Wouter to comment on that. If your ship is shallow water only, I don't think that it can attack a ship in deep water. I may be wrong, though.

Comment

Both ships were in shallow water.
                  Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.

Comment

Hey, don't look at me, I just created the code, I didn't change anything about the ships... The types of Pirate ships that are created are exactly the same types of ships that all other civs can build and I'm not doing anything special with those ships. Most of the Piracy code has to do with finding a location for creating pirates and with finding out what type of ship should be created. The actual creation of the units is exactly one line of code ("CreateUnit(0, type, tmpLoc, 0);"), not much that can go wrong there...

I know from personal playing experience that sometimes the graphics of the game can get screwed up, that units are in a different location that the graphics suggest. Maybe the ships appeared to be in a tile next to the one where they actually were? If so, the ship in deep-water really wasn't in deep water at all but right next to it, while the tile you tried to attack was empty but in the ZOC of the ship you were trying to attack and therefore impossible to enter? You can find out if such a graphic glitch is occuring out by moving the cursor over a tile and check with the status bar at the bottom of the control panel if there's actually a unit there. (Also, the Radar screen *is* always up-to-date, that can help too)

I suspect the main cause for this problem is lack of processing power/memory (since it seems to happen a lot more on the Alexander scenario than anywhere else - and noone else has complained so far). What kind of processor and how much memory does your PC have, Rusty Gamer?
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Hey , don't fight ! We (now) have a higher purpose !

Check out my new comment on :

CtP2-General/Help/Strategy/Multiplaying > HELP ! randomizing of the content in the Goody Huts/Ruins ...
                      Take a load of Fanny, take a load for free,
                      Ahhh, You put the load right on me !
                      The Band

Comment

I have a P3 450 with 256MB RAM and a 64MB GeForce 2 card. So I don't think performance is a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus

I know from personal playing experience that sometimes the graphics of the game can get screwed up, that units are in a different location that the graphics suggest. Maybe the ships appeared to be in a tile next to the one where they actually were? If so, the ship in deep-water really wasn't in deep water at all but right next to it, while the tile you tried to attack was empty but in the ZOC of the ship you were trying to attack and therefore impossible to enter? You can find out if such a graphic glitch is occuring out by moving the cursor over a tile and check with the status bar at the bottom of the control panel if there's actually a unit there. (Also, the Radar screen *is* always up-to-date, that can help too)
                          This graphics problem appears also if you played for testing porpose as Barbarian leader and switche to another civ to view the AI results, sometimes it is very difficuilt to find an army, because it is displayed on the wrong location on the map.

-Martin
                          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

After downloading I get errors when I try to run CTP2:

Advance Subneural Ad not in Advance database

MOVIE_WONDER_MEDIEVAL_PACK_II not in Wondermovie database

MM2_SLC_Martin.slc not in asset database

plus a number of what look like slic syntax errors

Am I missing some files, or just some current versions?
                            "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

Originally posted by Myrddin
                              After downloading I get errors when I try to run CTP2:

Advance Subneural Ad not in Advance database

MOVIE_WONDER_MEDIEVAL_PACK_II not in Wondermovie database

MM2_SLC_Martin.slc not in asset database

plus a number of what look like slic syntax errors

Am I missing some files, or just some current versions?
                              Check the following:

- Change the line "DebugSlic" from "Yes" to "No" in your userprofile text. This file is found in the ctp2_program\ctp folder.

- Make sure you have the CTP2 official patch.

- Make sure that the 6 Medpack II source files were unzipped into the correct directory... you should extract to the ....\Activision\Call to power II\ directory.

Ex.
                              ------------------------------------
                              Cheers
                              Exeter.
                              -------------------------------------

Comment

All OK

I previously had MedMod II 1.1 working OK, but did not install 2.0 before trying 2.1 - is this likely to cause a problem?

The subneural ad problem I fixed by changing the advances file, but the others imply there is a bigger problem

Any suggestions welcome as I enjoyed Med Mod II previously and am looking forward to the latest version
                                "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

Working...
                                X