Habsburg sceanrio is ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any further problems, give me a shout and I'll e-mail it again
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.
    Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Comment

thanks
      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
      The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
      Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by tigger
        5. How about a recreation of the Spanish silver train? And the English piracy?

That was one of the things I was really looking forward to putting into a Civ3 scenario with strategic resources. A trans-Atlantic triangle Trade route. But alas, no city placement

If you can get it working for this, it'd be great though.

IW - you tried using an Atlantic map then? I'm a little vague on the city placement problem. Alternatively can a silver ship be created at the edge of the map every few turns? A quick message about it and some random placement might make piracy possible but hard? - I'm guessing that there was a lot of luck involved in real piracy at this time?

Comment

Big Mc I can't get the packicon to work!

Comment

What’s the problem

it download OK I hope
            "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

I've put it in the Habsburg zip at http://ctpmodmakers.0catch.com/Tigger/tigger.html

It looks corrupted. See what you think.

Comment

I will have a look tonight one error I seam to see is that you have only put it as your pack icon and not the other scenario icon. This will just show up in the main scenario bits. I will sew wats up when I get it home tonight.

Comment

OK another thread where I can ask what happened, therefore the same questions: Is there a change that we will ever see a new version of the Habsburg scenario and if not is there at least a change to see it in the Apolyton Directory?

-Martin
                  Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Sorry.....had a major break out of real life. I discovered that a new job and summer was not a good combination for scenario writing. I still want a new Habsburg scenario - based on the 80 years war - and have a few good ideas. Just need a while longer to get my life organised!

Comment

Sorry.....had a major break out of real life. I discovered that a new job and summer was not a good combination for scenario writing. I still want a new Habsburg scenario - based on the 80 years war - and have a few good ideas. Just need a while longer to get my life organised!

At least you have a first version released, that could be added to the Apolyton Directory. Or was the first version meant as a test version?

-Martin

Comment

I'm happy for it to go into the directory. The second one will be so different it effectively becomes a different scenario.

Comment

I'm happy for it to go into the directory. The second one will be so different it effectively becomes a different scenario.
                          I have the feeling you have no idea how to do it. Of course I could do it for you, but then the file would be owned by me and this wouldn't be right. So you have to do it yourself.

First you have to update your profile. To do this go to your controll panel and there go to Edit Profile, once you are there you have to fill out the fields First Name: and Last Name: Fill them with ever you like just make shure that it least contain in the end one character (of course or more) like '-'. Of course you could also select a contry flag if you like. Once this is done you can go to the Apolyton Derectory CTP2 Scenario Category . Once you are there you have to log in even you was looged in in the forum before.

After logging in you can use the "Add Link" link and you can fill out the linked form. I only doubt if a direct link to the modmakers depot will work here, but I am shure if it does not work Locutus will help.

-Martin

Comment

Good guess Martin

Thanks for the info, will do it when real life calms down. Probably the end of next month.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                              I only doubt if a direct link to the modmakers depot will work here, but I am shure if it does not work Locutus will help.
                              Why would that not work? All that link field does is let me know from where I should upload the file to Apolyton, technically it doesn't even have to be an URL. Even a description of where the file is would work in theory, although a simple link would probably be the easiest for me.

I'm not sure in what state the Habsburg scenario is right now (it's been a while), but it should be obvious that the Directory is only for finished files, not for alphas or betas. If you feel the file is ready for public release, feel free to submit it, but if it's still quite buggy it would be better to wait a while longer...
                              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

oops
                                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                                X