For the Big Mc - Hurricanes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Big Mc - Hurricanes

I made a hurricane sprite, and also some SLIC to implement it as a barbarian air unit. However, unlike the pirates coding, it seems the barbarians do know how to use air units, so it is a little tricky to make them target cities. It seems the barbarians will use them, but aim for poorly defended units.
    (The first playtest ended after two turns when both my settlers were killed by storms )

Sometimes if there are no units nearby, the hurricanes dies at sea, when it runs out of fuel. Otherwise they come cruising towards land with 40 movement points, kill something, and burn out. They only form at sea, but have to be able to cross land to do anything worthwhile.

In the attached zip file are:
    Hurricane sprite,
    Units.txt
    newsprite.txt
    uniticon.txt
    ND_Hurricane.slc

To use, dump the files in their correct places, (probably use a scenario for now)
    put the line
    Code:
    #include "ND_Hurricane.slc"
    in a SLIC file that gets loaded (script or scenario.slc).
    NOTE: at the moment, there is no alert message to the city hit, nor is there graphics or GL entries for the hurricane. If you want these, I can do them, but the whole concept may need changing, so I didn't bother for now. At the moment it uses fighter grpahics and GL entries.

gl_str.txt is not included, because you should never have to select the unit, so wont be bothered where it says UNIT_HURRICANE.
    Attached Files
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

nice one. this will really upset the apple cart.

I may do some tinkering I will let you know how I get on.

I have a question if this was meant for me why has it been download four times already.

THE BIG Mc
    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Sure, tinker, this is just a starter

I posted it here specifically because you requseted it, but I'll let everyone else grab it to, might be nice...

Oh, and one of the downloads was me checking to see if the zip was ok. Sometimes it can get corrupted.
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Got the mod working good but i could not get it to atack ships so i had the idea of giving the storm a dead zone after starting and finishing its go.

The unit you made, I made a few alteration and got it to atack laviathans

it apears the storms atack was set too low so it could be killed too quick by a laviathens.

THE BIG MC
        "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

However, unlike the pirates coding, it seems the barbarians do know how to use air units,
          can a normal AI, In all my experience I have never seen an AI do this. It Stops one of my mods taking off did you ever find a way around this.

THE BIG MC

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Mc
            can a normal AI, In all my experience I have never seen an AI do this.
            They don't build them, but they can use them. When you give boats to barbarians, they just sit in the water. At least the air units move...

Comment

Have you got a tornado sprite (the wind one) it could look good against the hurricane mod with your city being attack by a tornado and a hurricane.

I Would try to make it my self but I haven't got paintshop and I haven't a scrap of artistic blood in my body.

Comment

I'll do one at the weekend if I can find the time

Comment

I mad some alterations to hurricane this week end it now puts forest and jungle fires in. I also put in a regenerate string so that dead tiles now regenerate into grassland. cool or what.(what)

thanks I will take later.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Mc
                    I mad some alterations to hurricane this week end it now puts forest and jungle fires in. I also put in a regenerate string so that dead tiles now regenerate into grassland. cool or what.(what)

thanks I will take later.
                    I tried to do a regenerate thing for eartquake regions, how did you manage to get it work? Mine loses track of the tiles after a turn.

Comment

I made the regenerate function select a tile every time to alter it selects a dead tile at random and changes the tile back into a grassland, as trees don't grow that much in brown field and polluted sites but some grassland things do.

it was the only way I found of doing it I need a new special effect I just got the cleric cloud over it at the moment

Comment

I had A go of making it more selective last night and failed I have an idea about using goods to mark up the tiles for regeneration As no good for dead tiles. I thought I would make one and lock on to this item to change the tile something daft like charcoal or something a high money good that disappears fast you have to be at the right spot at the right time.

Comment

Can you post the SLIC? It sounds good

BTW I'm thinking about making the ND code better, with volcano hotspots chosen at the start, and some rudimentary plate tectonics.

Comment

I will But I will have to send you all of the hurricane slic too I used a lot of the variables of that to get it to work. I am still learning slic myself so I always look for the way I can do it. but if it helps I will post it next time. the slic should only change one tile a turn because I haven't got the good loc working yet.

Comment

you wanted it here it is.

it replaces ND_hurricane and does regenerate and forest fires.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X