Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, here is my new problem. I get the following messages.

"c:\....\tut2_main.slc:469: ADVANCE_MONARCHY not found in advanceDB"

I get the same for DEMOCRACY, FASCISM, CORPORATE_REPUBLIC, TECHNOCRACY, and VIRTUAL DEMOCRACY.

I seems to still let me play, but I've only played a few turns.

I am guessing I am missing a file or something. Does anyone know what this is?

Thanks in advance.

Brett

Comment

OK - here are the problems I've found so far.

1) I also cannot get past around 2000BC without the game freezing. Interestingly, if you look at the little progress meter for the AI's moves, it always seems to be exactly in the middle. The program appears to be accessing the hard drive for something as I can clearly hear HD activity. CNTR-ALT-DEL works to get out of the program (it shows CTP2 'not responding').

2) The new wonders do not seem to work properly. It says in the docs that if you obtain the Stonehenge wonder, for example, granarys should disappear from the build lists - they don't.

3) The entries in the encyclopaedia are all mixed up. The main problem seems to be the new Absolute Monarchy government. Apart from the title the whole entry is blank. Other problems I've found include the early wonders showing the wrong info e.g. Stonehenge showing Great Wall details.

4) An AI noble appeared outside my capitol. I used the expel function, the trumpet sound and graphic duly appeared, and lo and behold he was back again on the next turn, and the next turn, and the next turn...

5) I also have experienced long waits on some turns while the AI makes its moves as mentioned in Wes's original posting. What is happening while this is going on. Is it tied up the freezes that happen later?

6) On the subject of waiting, there seems to be some long pauses when you investigate a goodie hut. I think it's only when a new unit (settler or soldier) or advance is generated. If it's cash or empty speed is normal.

7) I too cannot get to the new Diplomod update via Wes's site.

Keep going with this Mod lads; I'm sure it's going to be fantastic when the little wrinkles are ironed out.
      Gooner

Comment

The diplomod can now be downloaded from the site. It is now zipped, but you still have to place it in the correct folder yourself. I will try and address some of the other questions later today.

Comment

bjnod, I believe tut2_main.slc is part of the CTP2 tutorial. I would suggest that you play with the tutorial turned off. I think that should solve your problem.

Comment

Wes, got your mod working by using metheglyn's change to diplomat file. tried to use the change from your web site but ended up with all kinds of sintex errors. I had it in the right file.
            What I have played of your mod is good, but it locked up at year 1690 I had two citys with one to be built next turn. gold seem good adv seemed real fast. 2 civ already had embassies with me. Whoever did spearmen and zulu did great job. Can we do anything with the message that we can't support our unit? If you hit no on end turn it goes to next turn and doesn't do anything. You don't loose any units
            [This message has been edited by preacherman (edited March 08, 2001).]
            He who believes and is baptized will be saved: But he who does not believe will be condemned. Mark 16:16

Comment

Hi All,

I too run Windows 2000 and I am having the same problem as Cobra_3000. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Timothy Pintello

Comment

Ok played two more games first was hard--8civ--normal map. game frozeup at turn 79 year 1630. Had two ai's trade maps but they were not even conected to me large blank spots between each map. Reloaded game using autosave and went one turn gave me slic error In object MM2_try militia, variables 'MM2_tryMilitia#loc' and 'noname' are different.
                2nd game hard 6 civ normal map. game froze at 1660 BC nothing unusual happen. Do Ai's have to pay as much for wonders as we do?Bar were stacking 3 deep. then would chase me down to attack. This game will be great when workingright.
                He who believes and is baptized will be saved: But he who does not believe will be condemned. Mark 16:16

Comment

Okay, heres my bug.

Loaded everything, installed the modswapper. Installed the files. Installed the diplofix. Installed everything. In the first turn of my game, after I click on "Next Turn", I get a horrendous number of slic errors....

D:\games\CALL TO POWER\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\mm2_deplomod.slc: 151:Array index 13 out of bounds.

Any ideas?

Shut everything down and started again. No joy.

------------------
                  Bluevoss-
                  Bluevoss-

Comment

After installation of the beta files and modswapper, upon loading I get repeated message to insert the CTP II CD. Inserting it, or starting with it inserted, doesn't work. Didn't have this problem with the alpha version. Any ideas, anyone?

Comment

Wes -

I don't know for sure what turn I was on (I can email you the autosave file), but I've had the same freeze issue. The AI's turn begins, whoever's orange is moving, then everything freezes. Eventually (after around 5-10 mins) the game dumps to Windows & completely dissapears. I've no clue what's going on or why. Seems like this might be a bit of a ***** to track down too, but good luck!

Eric

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Gooner on 03-08-2001 07:50 AM
                        OK - here are the problems I've found so far.

1) I also cannot get past around 2000BC without the game freezing. Interestingly, if you look at the little progress meter for the AI's moves, it always seems to be exactly in the middle. The program appears to be accessing the hard drive for something as I can clearly hear HD activity. CNTR-ALT-DEL works to get out of the program (it shows CTP2 'not responding').

If you use cheat mode to remove the fog of war, it will show you all the AI moves, and their accompanying sound. When the game crashes, you will hear the sound stuck in an infinite loop. The two games I checked this way stuck on different units, but with the same player- 5.
                        It seem to remember sound problems like this in the past, but I don't remember the solution. The big question is why they started appearing.

quote:

2) The new wonders do not seem to work properly. It says in the docs that if you obtain the Stonehenge wonder, for example, granarys should disappear from the build lists - they don't.

That trigger is not in the game yet. I forgot to take it out of the readmes. It is currently out-commented in the scenario.slc, and needs to be de-bugged. Any volunteers?

quote:

3) The entries in the encyclopaedia are all mixed up. The main problem seems to be the new Absolute Monarchy government. Apart from the title the whole entry is blank. Other problems I've found include the early wonders showing the wrong info e.g. Stonehenge showing Great Wall details.

See the bottom of my initial post.

quote:

4) An AI noble appeared outside my capitol. I used the expel function, the trumpet sound and graphic duly appeared, and lo and behold he was back again on the next turn, and the next turn, and the next turn...

I don't know why it kept returning, unless it was following a river, but you should not fear the nobles anyway. Let'em move around if they want to; they're harmless.

quote:

5) I also have experienced long waits on some turns while the AI makes its moves as mentioned in Wes's original posting. What is happening while this is going on. Is it tied up the freezes that happen later?

6) On the subject of waiting, there seems to be some long pauses when you investigate a goodie hut. I think it's only when a new unit (settler or soldier) or advance is generated. If it's cash or empty speed is normal.

I think the goody huts are the most likely source of the delays both here and during the AI turns, at least I hope they are. I am trying out a new way of determining which units may be gotten from huts, both for you and the Barbarians. If this is not related to the crashes, and I don't think it is, then the feature is worth the occasional pauses.

7) I too cannot get to the new Diplomod update via Wes's site.
                        quote:

Keep going with this Mod lads; I'm sure it's going to be fantastic when the little wrinkles are ironed out.

I feel confident as well.

As for some of the other crashes, I am afraid I am not qualified to speculate.
                        I did not have the tutorial in mind when I designed the mod, so I would suggest you become familiar with the standard game, then try out the Med mod when you no longer need the tutorial. (It will help you appreciate all the improvements that way.)
                        As for Windows2000, I don't have the technical expertise to even comment o this, which is why Tim called out for "anyone's" suggestions. That is all I can call for as well.

GENERAL DE-BUGGING ADVICE: In the default\gamedata folder, look at the bottom of the script.slc. There you will see the lines which "include" all the individual slc mods.
                        If you are getting crashes, try out-commenting individual mods by putting "//" in front of the "#" at the start of the line, and starting new games. If you no longer have the crashes, then you know which mod is causing them.
                        Dale already has a thread for the Diplomod, so report Diplomod crashes there. If it is the scenario.slc causing them, then it is one of Locutus' triggers, and you can report it in a "Locutus triggers Crashes" thread.
                        The Diplomacy mod is part of the standard game, and I have not messed with it, so I doubt it would cause any problems. The Feats slc should not cause any problems either, at least not yet, and if it does the error message should specify the feats file or something similar.

If we divide the crashes like this, it will help us to keep things straight and allow the slic guys to isolate and correct the problems faster. Keep in mind that Locutus will not be able to help much in the next few weeks, so you slic guys need to help us out there if his triggers are the source of some of these problems.

I guess it would be better to create a "Modswapper crashes" thread as well, which I know Paul to stay on top of. I am sure Paul will welcome any help anyone wants to offer there as well.

If you have out-commented the slic mods, and you still get crashes, then report them in this thread. I should be able to handle some of those, and if not me then maybe someone else here (and don't wait for me to reply before you speak up).

To address Blue's post; Be sure you install all the Med Pack components and updates before installing the Modswapper. If you have not done this, un-install the Modswapper using the Start\settings\... sequence, and re-install it after making sure the mod is in place (you should not have to re-install the mod itself).

Sorry I can't be of more help, but most of these crashes seem to be out of my area of expertise.

Comment

I too am having problems like "Bluevoss" wsa describing. I'll remove and reinstall modswapper and see that works... I am really excited to play this mod finally... hey, why doesn't activsion hire some of you crazed slic coders, you would make seriously kick ass CTP3...
                          Don't hate me because I'm beautiful, hate me because I'm a rat-bastard.

Comment

I reinstalled Modswapper, but same errors as before.... Alas, I'll take a break from it...
                            Don't hate me because I'm beautiful, hate me because I'm a rat-bastard.

Comment

ssoszka:
                              If you are getting the "array out of bounds" errors, then take a look at the diplomacy mod thread for the discussion.

Wes:
                              I took a deeper look into files and stuff, and I think the reason I'm not getting errors is because of CTP2.EXE. I'd like to compare file version/dates/sizes and stuff with someone, so if the details could be provided from someone with the errors, that would be good.

------------------
                              Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."

Comment

Wes, my schoolwork is gradually getting less hectic, I'll see if I can do something about possible SLIC bugs in the weekend.

(Man, why do I have to be so busy right now? I want nothing more than to try your mod ASAP but it seems like I'll have to wait a couple of weeks more )
                                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X