No announcement yet.

Alternate Sci-fi Mod completed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BlueO, wait till I get V3.0 going and that should fix any errors, bugs, whatever, AND be generic enough to play with other mods. (And hopefully self-explanetary enough too)

BTW, these pics look GREAT! Might have to give the city-expansion a go one of these games. Great work.

------------------
    Author of Diplomod. The mod to fix diplomacy.

Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."

Comment

Your mad rocks, Blue, but it would have been nice to have fixed a few standard game annoyances in your mod, like how forests only give 5 production and how hoplites exist till gunpowder, even though pikemen are clearly superior. I'll do this myself, but its just a thought.
      Also, I don't like how towns don't give off any extra rescourses. Would there be some extrav commerce and production being generated there?????
      "It is ridiculous claiming that video games influence children. For instance, if Pac-Man affected kids born in the 80's we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous electronic music."

Comment

Crash report:

When starting your mod it always quits to desktop. I'm
        sure I did the install process right, because I read
        the readme.txt and installed it two times but it still
        didn't help.

PS: I'm using patch v1.11
        PPS: I would really like to play your mod.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Starfighter08 on 01-27-2001 06:05 AM
          Crash report:

When starting your mod it always quits to desktop. I'm
          sure I did the install process right, because I read
          the readme.txt and installed it two times but it still
          didn't help.

PS: I'm using patch v1.11
          PPS: I would really like to play your mod.

Hmm, without more info, I can't help you. All I can suggest is, reinstall ctp2. I'm also using version 1.1, not 1.11.

On the other news, just finished making version 1.03! I've sent a message to Omnigod, so he can put it up on the files section.

The new version has many improvements. Most notabely, 3 new modes of play. There's the normal mode, which is basically version 1.01 with a few changes. There's the extreme mode, which makes the ai gang up on the human faster and adds a new mega threat designed to wipe out the human player from the face of the Earth. Then lastly, there's the bare insanity mode, for pure hardcore players!

Anywhoo, for those of you who noticed the changes to the second image above, you'll see a couple new units. One of them is a size 200x150 image! Yup, ctp2 can handle sprite sizes larger than the default 96x72, and I took advantage of that in version 1.03.

Version 1.03 should be the last version, since I don't have any more ideas to add.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Chris B on 01-24-2001 05:51 PM
            Your mad rocks, Blue, but it would have been nice to have fixed a few standard game annoyances in your mod, like how forests only give 5 production and how hoplites exist till gunpowder, even though pikemen are clearly superior. I'll do this myself, but its just a thought.
            Also, I don't like how towns don't give off any extra rescourses. Would there be some extrav commerce and production being generated there?????

Thanks! I'm quite proud of the mod myself too. I really don't know what values to add to town and city tiles. Basically, I felt that each tile in ctp2 already gives out so much resources, I lowered the overall values of the towns to counter it. I'm sure there's a better way to balance it all, but I don't think I'm up to doing it. But you would be correct, a town/city tile should generate more commerce than a regular tile. But for production, I think that really belongs to the mine series tile improvements. I think the nature perserve tile improvement should be changed to pollution counter tile improvement.

Comment

BlueO,

I like your SciFi mod and look forward to V1.03 since most people only want to do Historical Mods.

I haven't got very far along and was wondering if you use teleporters in it like the Samuri Scenario does?
              Don,
              CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

The Samuri scenario uses teleporters? I thought it just killed off your unit and created another one for you...

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by DJ on 01-28-2001 12:21 AM
                  The Samuri scenario uses teleporters? I thought it just killed off your unit and created another one for you...

That wouldn't work, because that would reset your units health. Teleport is much simpiler

Comment

What I meant was, the teleport uses an event to create your new character, then kills the old character. The scenario does have a lot of control of itself, so it probably figures your old stats again. Plus, that's the only reason why I can figure that the death wav plays whenever you teleport somewhere else. If BlueO was to do the teleport, wouldn't that take a lot of events to find the location of each unit?
                    [This message has been edited by DJ (edited January 28, 2001).]

Comment

Whoa, far more ambitious than I was thinking about.

I was talking more about having 2 teleporters that will transfer units entering it from one continent to another continent. They would be set locations and always transfer between only them.

EDIT: Omni, could you let us know when the version in the DB is 1.03?

[This message has been edited by skorpion59 (edited January 28, 2001).]
                      Don,
                      CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

Moving units from one spot to another is very easy. Use the Event: MoveUnits() function. I had considered giving the cpu a teleportation tech for later stages, so their units can instantly attack any human cities from anywhere. But decided not to, since I really want to be able to see the ai stacks coming at me.

I have the mod version 1.03 up temorarily here: http://www.ncal.verio.com/~richl/ctp2.html

Comment

Really? So you could create a teleporter that teleports any unit to the receiving teleporter?
                          [This message has been edited by DJ (edited January 28, 2001).]

Comment

There is an event handler for such teleporting, and it doesn't play the death sound. I used it in the withdraw mod to transfer the units out of your borders.

Code:
                            Event:Teleport(army_t , location_t );
                            I just gave the event the expel sound by having:

Code:
                            AddEffect(WDT_tmparmy.location, "SPECEFFECT_DIPLOMATIC", "SOUND_ID_EXPEL");
                            before the teleport event. Hope this helps.

------------------
                            Author of Diplomod. The mod to fix diplomacy.

Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."

Comment

Thanks guys! That's pretty cool that there is an event like that.

Comment

Hey there,

I've played the mod for some time now and I'm thrilled, no errors no crashes, splendid, but there is one items which is not very realistic.

When I opened the trade manager, very early in the game and later on still, it said to me that if I were to trade the selfmade goode it would give me 3300-3500 per trade route per turn !!!

I created 10 of those and was richer than Bill himself within a couple of turns.
                                Therefore if you do this you can rushbuy everything in the game and that is not very realistic I think.

Is this a bug or a glitch in the mod ???

Comment

Working...
                                X