Don't mean to bother you but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't mean to bother you but...

Sorry about starting a topic afresh but...it's about the Frenzy mod. The increased AI awareness, use of special units and especially the unit updater were the main things I wanted in the game that weren't there before...my observations are that, after modifying (correctly) the scenario script to let both AI and human have units automatically upgraded it *never* works. Not even using that trick with putting one up to date unit on a stack of older units. I have gunpowder but I still have more than 100 phalanx, archers, etc, who haven't upgraded. Same goes for the AI. I really wanted a unit upgrader, and I'm sure many others could find a tactical use for it as well. It just seems that the Frenzy mod needs to be rectified because the unit updater just doesn't work (or maybe it's my fault somewhere along the line of installing it).

Also...the AI seems hell bent on moving large stacks around...and rarely responds well to diplomacy...I have to ask, is this as good as it gets?
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by David Murray (edited February 18, 2001).]</font>

quote:

Originally posted by David Murray on 02-18-2001 08:12 AM
    Sorry about starting a topic afresh but...it's about the Frenzy mod. The increased AI awareness, use of special units and especially the unit updater were the main things I wanted in the game that weren't there before...my observations are that, after modifying (correctly) the scenario script to let both AI and human have units automatically upgraded it *never* works. Not even using that trick with putting one up to date unit on a stack of older units. I have gunpowder but I still have more than 100 phalanx, archers, etc, who haven't upgraded. Same goes for the AI. I really wanted a unit upgrader, and I'm sure many others could find a tactical use for it as well. It just seems that the Frenzy mod needs to be rectified because the unit updater just doesn't work (or maybe it's my fault somewhere along the line of installing it).

Also...the AI seems hell bent on moving large stacks around...and rarely responds well to diplomacy...I have to ask, is this as good as it gets?
    [This message has been edited by David Murray (edited February 18, 2001).]

Oops!

Just did a reloadslic and it now works for the AI and works for me whenever I add a newer unit to the stack.

I suppose that's okay but I'd really rather it just updated automatically like it does for the AI.

Also, the AI seems to be more responsive after having its arse kicked. I'll see how it goes.

Sorry for not doing things properly before posting this thread.

Comment

Where can I get the automatic upgrade slic code without downloading the mod and where does it go? Which folder?

------------------

Comment

Yes please - autoupgrade is something I've wanted for a long time as well - Dale can you split it out from the mod?

Chris
        Chris Horscroft

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Chris Horscroft on 02-20-2001 05:27 PM
          Yes please - autoupgrade is something I've wanted for a long time as well - Dale can you split it out from the mod?

Chris

You'd be as well getting the Frenzy Mod, believe me it's more than worth it.

Comment

Working...
          X