Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Activision Expansion Pack--would YOU pay for one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by MarkG on 12-11-2000 11:21 AM
    actually, Harlan was contracted and created the Alexander scenario in ctp2. Many of the mod makers(including CD) got betas of the game and provided feedback, although that didnt exactly go well...

Yes, I did realize (from other posts) that Harlan made the Alexander scenario (excellent work, by the way). I didn't realize about the beta thing, however. It's unfortunate that all did not go well. I'm sure they provided some wonderful input to the game.

I would be interested in seeing what kind of input the mod makers gave to Activision that simply did not show up in the game. That would really show Activision's incompetance (for lack of a better word) and let the rest of us know just exactly how good the game could have been had Activision actually listened to it's beta testers.

I guess all of us are just biding our time until Civ 3 comes out. Look out, Activision.
    [This message has been edited by Colonel Kraken (edited December 11, 2000).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Colonel Kraken on 12-11-2000 11:42 AM
      I would be interested in seeing what kind of input the mod makers gave to Activision that simply did not show up in the game. That would really show Activision's incompetance (for lack of a better word) and let the rest of us know just exactly how good the game could have been had Activision actually listened to it's beta testers.
      the problem was not that the a-team people suggested things that activision ignored, but that by the time most of them got their copies it was too late to have a bigger effect in the game.

one thing that i clearly remember, is that keyboard shortcuts that hide the radar map and the control panel were suggested by someone from the a-team

Comment

What would you like to fix that wouldn't merely be an add-on to the existing product/game mechanics?

Some people call adding a Legion unit a fix, but it is merely something that could be added with the type of product I mentioned in my original post.

What do you think?

Comment

The incompetance shows through and through. . .

I am now understanding it more and more.

Comment

Fix the game first.

Later you can talk about expansions and sequels and gold editions all you like.

Comment

Working...
            X