No announcement yet.

Looking for mod Suggesting for WW1 scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The map isn't big enough, so Aust. and Sth weren't included. And INdia was made stronger to compensate for this.

Those battles in particulare were not fought by one nations but a coalition of Commonwealth troops under british command so would have been part of the british empire anyway.

Sth Africa and Australia were still very much dependent on england and their fore wouldn't be added as an ally of britain but part of britain.

Your point is taken, i think i will rename england as Commonwealth to include the armies of these nations.

Comment

Britain as "Commonwealth" is good. A good idea would be to have the Aussies/New Zealanders and the South Africans to deploy from Egypt, since this is where they first deployed to.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Mc
        (i know that sounds a lot like the second world war but in the first one i heard that Mexico was going to attack the usa so the usa joined the war don't know how true this is like)
        Actually Germany sent us an offer to join the Central Powers by attacking the USA and that they wouldn't sign a peace treaty until the USA gave us back the territory they took in the war of 1846-1848. It also asked that Mexico initiate contact with Japan for their entry in to the war on the Central Powers side.

Obviously we didn't buy that and hence never made an attempt to attack. What it did was to make the US angry at the Germans and helped set the stage for US entry into the war. The telegraph by were Germany instructed it's ambassador in Mexico to make this proposal was published in the US on March 1st, on April 6 the US declared war.

I've always wondered what would have happened if we and Japan had entered the war. Obviously we would have gotten kicked in the a.., but what effect would that have had on the war in Europe. I mean the US would have had to send troops into Mexico and that would have meant less troops for Europe. I mean, General Pershing and his brigade spent almost a year looking for two Mexican brigades lead by Pancho Villa and he couldn't find them. So to conquer Mexico would have required sizable troop deployment. Just a thought.
        "Between nations, as between persons, respect for each other's rights is peace".- Benito Juárez.

Comment

The Nazis made a similar offer to Scotland apparently...
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
            The Nazis made a similar offer to Scotland apparently...
            To whom did they make it to? I mean, to what government?
            "Between nations, as between persons, respect for each other's rights is peace".- Benito Juárez.

Comment

Uh... I don't know... It seems I can't find any other evidence to back up that claim. It might well be rubbish, I'll ask the person who told me.
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

You might be thinking of Ireland...uh, and the Imperial Germans, not the nazis.....

Scratch that, maybe it was when Von Ribbentrop or whoever turned up in Scotland one day during the war (After France had been kicked out, he parachuted in) and offered Britain a peace deal.

Comment

At the beginning of WWII, Hitler and his clique considered the British as a "brother people" and thought they would one day or the other side with Germany. This explains why the german troops did not attack the Dunkerque's pocket to crush the remnants of the British Expeditionary Force, and why Von Ribbentrop was parachuted in Britain to meet with the Bristish leaders and start negociations.
                  "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

it was Rudolf Hess
                    When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

In fact the Nazis used Brittan as tan example of the master race ability’s with the rule in India
                      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
                      The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
                      Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Hitler also wanted England's help against Communist USSR.

Comment

Originally posted by ískallin
                          it was Rudolf Hess
                          True...
                          "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                          X