Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New con ?

I just read this

May 14, 2003 - This fall gamers will have yet another reason to stay indoors when Atari publishes Firaxis's Civilization 3: Conquests. While details aren't all in yet, we do know that the new game will feature eight new civilizations, new wonders and entirely new victory conditions. You'll have more details as soon as we do.
    Yes it is another expansion for civ 3 but I am sceptical about what it will have
    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

I have specifically refused to buy PTW because Inforgames did not include what over 70% of respondents to a survery asked for, ie, stacked combat like CTP. I told them than and will not be buying any other addons. It needs a decent empire interface, again like ctp, because the current system, borrowed from civ 2, is just f@#$#@!ng archaic. Sorry, I know Big MC, watch my language.

Comment

Sounds like PTW with a different name, eight new civs, meh. I wonder if theyll fix MP this time and make the heathens pay for it, i really really hope so
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I hope they put some future units in
        "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

I hope its a tottal failure and Firaxis loose lots of money

one can only hope

i say this as in my mind (until something amazingly proves otherwise) this so called addon is going to be another cash-in like PTW and civ3 before it
          Oxygen should be considered a drug
          Tiberian Sun Retro
          My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
          http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

Yes but is another lot of units to take.

Comment

ouch, is this pure hate that i see!
              Then i remembered thinking to myself "Holy Jesus what are these god damn animals"----> "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

Comment

yes

Comment

If you have the time to answer this then why is it you good people at Apolyton dont like Activision when it was activision that made the game? I am new but i would have thort it to be the other way round - you liked them?
                  Then i remembered thinking to myself "Holy Jesus what are these god damn animals"----> "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

Comment

Well, Activision shoud be praised because of CtP and CtP2 and because they have published a game that can be highly modded thanks to the SLIC language.

They are however despised because:

- Original CtP and CtP2 (a special mention to CtP2) are heavily bugged
                    - CtP2 manual is almost useless and the strategical guide is even more useless
                    - They have made a patch for CtP2 that is only solving a third of the problems and have quickly ended all support to CtP2
                    - The AI of original CtP2 and CtP (though to a lesser extent for the latter one I think) are crappy and have sometimes not been taught how to use some of the great features of the game (see this thread)
                    - They have not yet given the Apolyton Community the source code of the game though the community of Apolyton has supported (and greatly improved) the game since Activision stopped all support.

"Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

- Original CtP and CtP2 (a special mention to CtP2) are heavily bugged

This being the main reason most of the people who bought the games - and didn't like the games - don't much like them.

- ...and have quickly ended all support to CtP2

And this being the main reason most of the people who bought the games - and did like the games - don't much like them.
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Hmmmm yes i agree about the lack (if any at all) of support Activision has given the game, however you guys have given the support Activision *SHOULD* have givin the game, and that the main reason, as i see it, that the game lives on...

By The Way Immortal Wombat you quote made me laugh,

"I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

How ironic.. hehehe

Comment

How ironic.. hehehe
                          Being one of the reasons we don't like firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Glen
                            By The Way Immortal Wombat you quote made me laugh,

How ironic.. hehehe
                            Yeah, it amused me as well. We had numerous little jokes at his expense in the Civ3 chats.
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?

Comment

Being one of the reasons we don't like firaxis
                              Am I to assume this was something said by firaxis? (I missed this whole thing)
                              "I set the wheels in motion, turn up all the machines, activate the programs, and run behind the scenes.
                              I set the clouds in motion, turn up light and sound, activate the window, and watch the world go round."

- from Prime Mover by Rush

Comment

Working...
                              X