New con ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by primemover
    Am I to assume this was something said by firaxis? (I missed this whole thing)
    Mike Breitkreutz worked for Firaxis (I don't know if he still works for Firaxis) and he did the Civ3 PR it is a long time as I saw him the last time, maybe that's why, because I don't visit the civ3 forum so often. However the Civ3 Apolyton chats must be somewhere in the archieves of Apolyton.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Yeah, Mike did (and does) work for Firaxis. The quote is from a PR chat here. Some of us had been on at him in various ways for some time to either include a scripting language, or give a good reason for not. He gave us the quote that is now in my signature. Sure scripting language means we can create bugs, but not only bugs, as evidenced by the mods we've churned out these past years.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

yes i would have loved to see what we could do with a really good scripting language
        "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
        The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
        Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Of course with a scripting language you can create a lot of bugs, but you do this on your own risk, and you shouldn't forget with a scripting language you can also fix bugs.

Another question is Mike just a PR guy or also a programer. Well for me it looks he is just someone for the PR, otherwise he wouldn't say such stupid thinks.

-Martin

Comment

Nah he's the programmer guy in charge of The Editor.
            Sounded a silly idea from the start: takes months to load a Civ3 scenario, no scripting, limited (hardcoded) flags with limited values, no adding of terrains or tile improvements (not even with the same graphics), and no scripting, plus The Editor makes modding far too easy. The number of pathetic little Civ3 mods that were released at the start was hilarious.
            "GargoX69's Brilliant MOD" (tanks made slightly stronger)
            "MrCheeseOnHead's play-balancing MOD" (tank made slightly weaker)

Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
              Nah he's the programmer guy in charge of The Editor.
              Yeah, next time they should engage professional PR guys and professional programmers, then Civ4 could become something more then just Civ2.3.

-Martin

Comment

ha ha
                "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
                The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
                Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Working...
                X