another question about tileimps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another question about tileimps

while i was experimenting with some code from different mods/mod-add-ons i was thinking:
    why can't a wondertimp and a cityexpansion timp share the same place? if you have a look at some places in the world, this really happens. some combinations look quite cool (ancient town with pyramids, modern city with empire state building) others for a pity are not noticeable at all, for instance the nice small hill with the hollywood letters on it can't be seen when a town is at the same place. i would like to change that, but can't think of any solution other than to rewrite the entries from apoltilefile which i don't want. does anybody have any other idea how to handle this?

A lot of work for little payoff, IMO

This would require a reworking of all the current graphics. There would have to be a standardized footprint so that both elements would blend together naturally - either that, or you will have to make a lot of different suburb tiles to fit the different wonders - and these would also need their own tileimp.txt entries.
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Working...
    X