No announcement yet.

New 8 Player tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I have changed the savegames into zip format. You should all be able to download them fine now. Also they were compressed to about 1 third of the size. If I had know that zipping would do that much I would have done it from the start.

For those of you who don't know my site's address its http://shavlor.virtualave.net

Comment

Well, the American domain has expanded across some fertile fields in game 2 in Trainwreck vs. Tom Red. Unfortunately, these fertile fields suffer from a lack of ore and goods. Scouting phalanxes have been sent out in all directions, and are currently stationed on mountain tops world-wide, watching nervously as formations of English knights drill in the valleys and fields below.

So far, only remote skirmishes have occured, but based on the information returned to Washington by the scouts, a major offensive may be in the English plans.

The Oracle continues to show the power of the two nations as neck and neck. Prepartions are being made for the uncertain future.

excerpt from the "Commission on Long-Term Survivial" report to Trainwreck

Comment

Ok this tournament seems to have come to a stand still.
        1st: Either Tronn or Aeghoer I haven't heard from either of you. I emailed both of you and still don't have an answer if neither of you answer by Thursday you will be replaced.
        2nd: Trainwreck and Tom Red still need to play their second game.
        Swissy and Robby Boy still need to play their second game. I think Robby Boy is back from vaction now.
        Sophix and Josip Broz Tito still need to play their second game
        Sir Gar and Dragonlance still need to play their second game.

Comment

Dragonlance and Sir Gar played again and Dragonlance emmerged the victor. If Dragonlance and Aristrodemo want to play each other you can be definately don't feel forced into it since some of the first round matches haven't even started. The same goes for Sir Gar and DrDave.
          BTW Thanx for playing you matches

Comment

Sir Gar was fun to play against ..he was full of spirit and never gave up , and in a few more games he will be very good. I look forword to my next challenge.Good luck all -----*Dragonlance*

[This message has been edited by Dragonlance (edited May 26, 2000).]
            [This message has been edited by Dragonlance (edited May 26, 2000).]
            David

Comment

Ok two things

1st: Sophix and Josip Broz Tito played again. Josip won again. You can download the game from my site.

2nd: Yohann is back and will be playing 007. So now we are waiting on
              Trainwreck and Tom Red
              Swissy and Robby Boy
              007 and Yohann

please Play your matches as soon as you can Thanx,
              Shavlor

Comment

I have some questions.
                1. With who i am going to play next game.
                2. If i win the tournament, am i going to take some points in Gameleague or not.

thanks

Comment

I have some questions
                  1. Against who i am going to play next game?
                  2. Are we going to get some points in GAMELEAGUE and how much. For exemple for a 1st Place.

Comment

Ok Josip you will be playing either Swissy or Robby Boy. They have played one game which happened to be erased before I got it so you can't download it. They are planning on playing their next game soon.
                    Second about gameleague: I have not contacted anyone at gameleague about it. If you want to do this and try to get them to accept it that is fine with me. I just joined them and was dissappointed about the fact that Swissy has 1200 Civ Points (or something like that)but no description as to how he got them. So if you want to tell them that I have a tournament and ask them if the winner can have some Civ points then I will discuss with them any points they want. But as of right now no points are being awarded to the winner. The ladder I will make from this tournament was going to be seperate from that of gameleague. And would not be point based. If you have any farther question please tell me.

Comment

I got my points by beating Pin and Roland in a three player game. I am trying to get more games going, but conflicting schedules is a problem especially with the players in europe. As for these being GameLeague games, if both players agree and are members they would count. There are no GameLeague rules as to game settings. The game I played was Prince level with no exclusions, 3 settlers and 3000 gold at start. We were looking to get the game done in one session.
                      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Unfortantly Robby Boy couldn't countiune in the tournament. I have found a replacement. Kostas will now be playing Swissy.

Comment

hello

i play under the name Wil and Minor Threat...I would love to join this little ladder game that you have set up. i dont really care where i start or who i play i will just enjoy moving to the top of your ladder. Plz e-mail any details, host my e-mail is jackson9000@mindspring.com. My preference of Civ isnt important and I am above Diety status! Hi Pin!
                          AKA WIL, AKA MINOR-THREAT.
                          PLZ DONT CALL ME OJ

"LOPPING OFF PEOPLES MELLON IS WHAT I DO BEST" 1997 QUOTE FROM OJ TO THE SATAN PRESSES

Comment

Ok two things
                            1ST:
                            Kostas played Swissy
                            1st game Kostas won
                            2nd Swissy won
                            3rd Kostas won (Don't have the game on my site yet )
                            This means Kostas plays Tito and Swissy plays Sophix

2nd:
                            Good to have you OJ
                            unfortantly the ladder is going to be set up as soon as the tournament is over. Using the tournament to establish people's ranks on the ladder.
                            Oh and there is no rank above diety. If you really are that good then every one else will just move down a level.
                            OJ can I add you to the backup players list?

Last Thing:
                            I have been working on CGI script for my site. It is almost done. Soon my site will be well I guess a little more interactive.

Comment

I REFUSE TO STATUS MYSELF BELOW "ABOVE DIETY"...ALTHOUGH TAL BEAT ME THE OTHER NIGHT..I DIDNT HAVE THE GAME FACE ON.

SURE ADD ME AS AN ALTERNATE OR WHATEVER

------------------
                              PLZ DONT CALL ME OJ

"LOPPING OFF PEOPLES MELLON IS WHAT I DO BEST" 1997 QUOTE FROM OJ TO THE SATAN PRESSES
                              [This message has been edited by OJ (edited June 11, 2000).]
                              PLZ DONT CALL ME OJ

Comment

Ok Minor Threat is added as back up player

Trainwreck, Tom Red, Yohann, and 007
                                we are waiting on you to finish your first match. I understand that all of you had a late start but please try to finish as soon as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X