New 8 Player tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry forgot to mention in last post.
    The two week time period is just what you are aiming for. If it takes you longer because of time zone difference or what ever it is fine.

Comment

I will take the Americans, I guess.

Will E-Mail you shortly, Pin, and try to set up a time.

I am interested in ladder play, I guess...

Train

Comment

Ok we now have 6 players. Welcome to the tournament Pin and Human
        Pin I did say at a week at least. It will be 2 weeks. And if you really are diety like you say then you will probally only play 2 games in that time period.
        Tilemacho thanx for the infomation. Do you want to play in the tournament?

Comment

I'd really would like to start right now, but I need the server.dat file. I still can't enter the lobby and the tech support said, that the server are down.
          "...I think I can answer your question however. We apologize for the
          inconvenience you have experienced with this title. Unfortunately Activision
          ActiveNet servers are down for an undetermined amount of time and you will
          not be able to see them as a result. Again we apologize for this and hope to
          have this issue resolved as soon as possible."

Visit my Band-Homepage www.lostinnocence.de

Comment

Ok Aaginor can you actually play on any server?

I am using Pin's tournament rules.

The Rules are as follows
            When a round in the group play starts u got 2 weeks to finish the game, and send a copy to me!
            To minimize the risk of cheating i advice players to play at least 6 hours first day and that the game are saved in the guests turn.(remember to write down year your in when saved and advances you got more then the opponent)
            I beleive that the games will not take much longer than 5 hours so try to play the whole game thru in one sitting.
            If not
            Both players should have a copy of the saved game and if u have a feeling the oppostion will cheat u can send me a copy of the saved game and i will solve any disputes.
            An other thing that i advise u to do, is to save games while in a low combat situasion, in other words not when something critical is about to happen.
            ANY PLAYERS CAUGHT IN CHEATING WILL OFFCOURSE BE EXPELLED FROM THE TOURNEY AND I WILL DO ANYTHING I CAN TO DO SO THAT PLAYER NEVER WILL COMPETE IN ANY TOURNEYS AGAIN.
            Now away from the unpleasant side of competiting . When a game is finished i MUST have a copy of the savegame file in the turn it was decided + a very short summary.
            +THE HOST MUST SAVE EVERY 10 TURN in addition to autosave
            A little add on for crashes. IF YOU CRASH. U HAVE 20 MIN TO TAKE CONTACT WITH THE OPPOSTION TO CONTINUE THE GAME OR SET TIME FOR A NEW GAME. If you can't get hold of him send me an e-mail and explain the situasion. There i want name, match, reason for crash and time of crash. That means the e-mail i recive better have a time within the 20 min limit from the crash. I also want a e-mail from the abandoned part if the opposition fail to take contact.
            IF U DON'T DO THIS U WILL LOOSE THE GAME
            [This message has been edited by Shavlor (edited April 18, 2000).]

Comment

I forgot to metion.
              The person who claims to be worse will be the server first. then who ever lost will be the server for the next game or two. When you play please post the results and send me an email of the savedgame after you share maps. or if you completely eliminate the other person then please just send me the last saved game.
              The matchs are

match 1: Shavlor vs Aaginor

match 2: Pin vs Train

match 3: Swissy vs Human

match 4: Sophix vs Josip

The winner of match 1 faces winner of match 2 and the losers also face.
              The winner of match 3 faces winner of match 4 and the losers also face.
              The winners of the second matches will face each other and so do the losers. This will set up a ladder 1st thru 8th.

Comment

I'm in.
                Civ: Españoles (Spanish)
                Deity

------------------

Comment

Some one toldme in the net that it could be one 16 players game.
                  Is it possible?
                  I am in or not?

Comment

H so far we need six more people to make it a 16 player tournament. If 6 more players come then I will quick make up a new group and everyone will have to play one more person.
                    But if we can't get more players then you will be a back up and second to try your luck in working your way up the ladder.

Comment

Something I missed
                      Barbarain: Raging Hordes
                      H or Don if we can't get 6 more players we might be able to add you anyways. I am thinking of a good way to do this if you have any suggestions plz email them to me.

Comment

Sounds interesting; I noticed my name was almost on the 1st game list -- seems my perogative of being in multiple places at singular times has been achieved -- excellent.

Anyway, I'd like to join if the list expands.

Level: Deity
                        Civ: Irish
                        Pastime: Conquest

Comment

Hey Aegheor,
                          Yes I thought Aaginor was you.
                          So at first I placed him being Diety, your rank at Pin's site.
                          Well only need 5 more people. actually if only one more person joins I will add you guys in other group of four. this means that there will be 3 groups of four. group 1, 2, and 3. each person in thoose groups will play twice and so determine the groups order. then the first person in group 1, 2, and 3 will play each other once. Now if everyone in the group ties with 1Win and 1Lose then we go to the victories for closer inspection.
                          winning 2 - 0 in set is better than winning 2 - 1. If two players won same types meaning both player won one 2 - 0 and lost 0 - 2 then we go by # of turn of victory.
                          This one idea
                          Another idea which is much simplier is just to have groups 1 and 2 play each other then they play against group 3. If 5 more people show then this is not nessicary.
                          At any event Don you can play H

The Matches are now
                          Match 1: Shavlor vs. Aaginor
                          Match 2: Pin vs. Train
                          Match 3: Swissy vs. Human
                          Match 4: Sophix vs. Josip
                          Match 5: Don vs. H
                          Match 6 Aegheor vs. (next challenger)

If you have any opinion on how to add group 3 please either email me or post.
                          [This message has been edited by Shavlor (edited April 19, 2000).]

Comment

Hey Shav', put me in ! If it is too late, it doesn't matter, if not, i 'll play with the Greek and my level is Emperor i think.

If you still need some players, you should contact Djazid and tell him that Tronn is in.
                            I'm pretty sure that will convince him to join us.

Comment

I am getting a web site soon for this tournament and the ladder play.

Tronn good to have you. I already took the Greeks please take a different civ.

new players:
                              Don - ???? - Assyrains
                              H - Diety - Spanish
                              Aehgeor - Diety - Irish
                              Tronn - Emperor - ?????

Match 6: Aehgeor vs. Tronn

It looks like we will have a 16 player tournament instead of a 8 or 12 player.

Comment

New player added
                                aristodemo - Diety - ?????

Match 7: aristodemo vs. (next compeditor)

Comment

Working...
                                X