Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Player added DrDave

Comment

Hey, I'd like to join the the tournament. I tried to get into pings, but I was to late

Comment

Civ:Hebrews
        Level:Emperor

I hope its not too late in getting in.

Comment

Ok we need one more player

new Players
          DrDave - ???? - ????
          Yohann - Emperor - Hebrews

Match 7: aristrodemo vs. DrDave
          Match 8: Yohann vs. (Next compeditor)

this will be a first come first serve.
          If more players come they will be placed in the back up players and first to try to climb the ladder.

Comment

Sorry to say shavlor, but i withdraw from this tourney

Reason, well i hate the settings. I really didn't read them to good and when i started my game vs trainwreck i saw what it meant. Fast siege game on small map. I don't think ancient wars are too fun, more like boring. And i ain't playing a lot of games i think ain't fun. So you could let trainwreck win this game and game no 2 on w/o, or you could find an replacement

Pin
            veni, vidi, vici
            icq #51862133
            pint@c2i.net
            http://gameleague.apolyton.net

Comment

Ok Pin I guess your not the Diety you claimed to be.
              You can still play in the ladder since the game settings are set by the opponets not me.
              ok Trainwreck sorry about that I am placing you against Yohann now.

So now we have two spots that need filling.

I other news I have a web page its address is shavlor.virtualave.net
              I also beat Aaginor 2-0
              The first game was honest gameplay the second I was just damn lucking.
              [This message has been edited by Shavlor (edited April 20, 2000).]

Comment

I must play a first round opponent again, I guess? Kind of a bummer, seeing as I had pretty much won the 1st game vs. Pin.

A couple of questions:
                1] I did not save exactly every ten turns (sorry, hard to remember when playing speed cities), but I did save at fairly regular intervals. Is that acceptable? I am not sure what the rule is for, but I have never played in a tourney like this.

2] Pin quit before we had a chance to trade maps, but I have the end map, which is fairly comprehensive.

3] If we send the maps to you (a player in the tourney), is that really fair? It gives you the unique oppurtunity to look at the opponents playing styles and/or strategies. Or are the maps only for dispute resolution.

Train

PS I have no hard feelings Pin, but it would have been nice to play out the series.

Comment

Train, the only reason for saving ~ every 10 turns is in case of crashes, so you can go back and load it. People tend not to use auto-save as it's rumoured to crash games.

You bring up a good point. Shavlor do you have room on your site to post the saved games for every one to take a look at? Like Pin's doing in his tournament.

Comment

Yes I do have room on my site to house the save games. As soon as I get a chance I will set up a gamegave section

Comment

Well, this was the first time I played CTP with an human opponent and it is really great (Without beeing overruned by a knight at th 20th turn ... *g*). I have to correct Shavlors statement about my skill, for he thought I am someone else. I think I am Prince or King ... but I am learning *g*.
                      Looking forward for the next game ...
                      By the way: If someone like to play with me out of the tournament, mail or icq me!

Frank
                      Visit my Band-Homepage www.lostinnocence.de

Comment

Ok Sir Gar is now in
                        only need one more player

Comment

Ok Dragonlance is in

We are full but Any one wh wants to be a backup player and first to try the ladder is welcome to join

Comment

Shav', what about the site ? I'm planning to challenge Aeghor ( or whatever is name is ) on Sunday ( tomorrow ). What do we do with the result of the game ?

Comment

OK Tronn the site's address is shavlor.virtualave.net It has all the players names and email addresses. Also it has my savegames from Match 1.
                              Tronn once you play Aegheor at the end please share maps and then save or whoever is hosting save. Then email me the saved game and a very quick summery like "I beat Aegheor at 1205AD we didn't really start fightying until I got cannon making and he couldn't produce like I could so I had more cannon." Or sometime like that short sweet and to the point or if you want you can blab like me right now .

To All Other Players I hope you guys are finding times to play each other if you are having difficultly please email me or post. I am hoping to start the second matches in two or three weeks.

Comment

H Don tried to email you at the email address I had for you and it returned an error. Please email Don and me. thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X