Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 8 Player tournament

I am starting a 8 player tournament

This will not be PBEM. instead it will be played online.
    It will be one vs. one best of three games.
    The settings are as follows.
    MAP
    Size - Small
    wet - 3
    warm - 6
    ocean - 6
    island - 7
    uniform - 7
    goods - 4

OTHER
    Diff - Deity
    Settlers - 3
    Gold - 100
    Ages - anceint to Diamond
    World - Donut World
    Dynamic join - on (in case some one is dropped)
    AutoSave - On
    Pollution - On
    Bloodlust - Off (I don't think anyone will win with out killing the other)

EXCLUSIONS
    all wonders excluded

There will be as stated before eight players. The winner of 1 and 2 will face winner of 3 and 4 while winner of 5 and 6 faces 7 and 8. The losers will also face each other so that a correct ranking.
    The matches will be best of 3 games so if you get bad starting loc you can get another chance.

I will listen to any suggestings and answer any questions.
    [This message has been edited by Shavlor (edited April 16, 2000).]

Sure Im in

Nick: Sophix
    Timezone: -5 Gmt (EST)
    Email: Sophix@pmail.net
    Civ: Egyptian

Just so every knows, CTP is alot less time consuming when it's Online vs. PBEM

Comment

I'm also interested.

I just have the problem, that I can't enter the lobby of the multiplayer-game. The ping to uk1, us1 and us2 works, but that is all.
      I'm just trying to fix this (anybody knows about this problem)

Civ: Inka
      eMail: Aaginor@T-Online.de

Frank
      Visit my Band-Homepage www.lostinnocence.de

Comment

I have the same problem if I try to enter a server with ping in the red (400+). BTW, I'll play, I love playing CTP online.

I see I should grab a civ before my favs are gone. I'll be the Mongols.
        [This message has been edited by Swissy (edited April 17, 2000).]
        "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Good to have you guys.
          I have decided to use this tornament to start a ladder. Obviously the order would be astablish by the tornament. If anyone else wants to join the ladder they would join on the bottom. But I am getting ahead of myself
          I hope we can get 8 players...

PS: Each set of games will have at least a week for compeletion. So everyone should play in three sets of games. max number is 9 games and at least 6 games.

Players: Please state your rank (what you think you are) at Multi Player, Cheiftain to Diety

I am King (I think )

Comment

Emperor (always play at diety) cause Im better then Shavlor

I don't want to play Shavlor or Swissy right away, cause Ive played you a bit, and I just played Swissy in Pin's Tournament.
            [This message has been edited by Sophanthro (edited April 16, 2000).]

Comment

I'd like to sign up for the tourney, Shavlor.

Human
              civ : Russian

pls let me know if I am in. Thanks

Comment

I am in
                I think i am a deity player, i want the romans.

(Are we supposed to play 3 games a week?)
                veni, vidi, vici
                icq #51862133
                pint@c2i.net
                http://gameleague.apolyton.net

Comment

Originally posted by Aaginor on 04-16-2000 05:44 AM
                  I'm also interested.

I just have the problem, that I can't enter the lobby of the multiplayer-game. The ping to uk1, us1 and us2 works, but that is all.
                  I'm just trying to fix this (anybody knows about this problem)

Frank
                  Hi I had the same problem yesterday, when I tried to play MP after reinstalling Cctp. I noticed that when you first try to connect to internet the game creates a file "servers.dat" in the Cctp\ctp_program\ctp folder.
                  In this file you can see only the 3 servers you names: uk1, us1, us2
                  These servers seemed not working yesterday.(I couldn't join the lobby although I saw the servers)

Anyway the solution to this problem is to get this file from someone that has connected some time earlier and was able to see all the servers (not just the 3 I already mentioned)
                  Pin for example has the file for sure. (I don't have it at home)
                  I am not sure but I thing this problem is due to some misfunction of these 3 servers.Maybe they where the first servers activision anabled and they tell to your computer the adresses of the other servers. But of course if they don't work they can't tell anything
                  Ah, and although I had a bad pind yesterday I could play without problems.

One Life One Game...

Comment

I would like to play too.

nick. Josip Broz Tito
                    level: Deity
                    CIV : Romans or Rusians
                    my icq is 33871065 so let me know if i am in

Comment

I am interested in playing. Would probably consider myself King level for seeding purposes

I have the same problem with the servers, glad to see I am not the only one. Is there anyone out there that would not mind e-mailing the above mentioned file? I just installed the new Med Mod and thought it was related to that. Glad to hear it is not, apparently.......

Train
                      Trainwreck20@hotmail.com

Comment

I wouldn't mind giving this a try. I will play the Assyrians.

Comment

We now have 9 players. unless we get more players Don can't play. Don you will be the substitute in case some one drops out.

If 7 more people want to join then we will make this a 18 person tournament.

Don even if it turns out you can't play you can have the first shot at taking 8th place in the ladder. Out of curiousity how many of you are intrested in playing in the ladder after the tournament is finished.
                          If you are in the ladder you have to accept a challenge at least once ever two weeks or you will drop a spot.
                          You will also be allowed vaction times in case you are going somewhere are something.
                          [This message has been edited by Shavlor (edited April 17, 2000).]

Comment

I am interested in ladder play....
                            veni, vidi, vici
                            icq #51862133
                            pint@c2i.net
                            http://gameleague.apolyton.net

Comment

Ok right now the 8 players are
                              Shavlor - King - Greeks
                              Sophix - Emperor - Egytains
                              Aaginor - Diety - Inkains
                              Swissy - Emperor - Mongols
                              Human - ????? - Russian
                              Pin - Diety - Romans
                              Josip Broz Tito - Deity - Germans
                              Train Wreck - King - Americans

Back up Player(s)
                              Don

Ok I am about to make the first matches. If anyone wants to go up against someone or some one whats not to go up against someone please email- shavlor@zxmail.com
                              I am going to place the best players with the worst players so that the ladder in the end is more correct. Note the players are being judged by themselves so the order might still be messed up.
                              I was thinking the first matches should be
                              Shavlor vs. Aagheor
                              Sophix vs. Josip
                              Swissy vs. Human
                              Train vs. Pin

This is can change if anyone has any dislikes to it.
                              [This message has been edited by Shavlor (edited April 18, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                              X