Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 60 to Caligula

Comment

• I need people to answer the following questions, In order to solve the riot problems, or to find out that they unsolvable.

1. Do you have the Dutcheese files installed in the main directory?

2. What level was this game started at. Cheiftan?

3. Any information pertaining to rioting cities, may prove useful. i.e did they just grow, finish a building, unit, any event. CTP reacts to events.

If you want to find out the nature and possible solution to the problem please answer these questions.

Comment

• Turn 60 ==> Demosthenes

Egyptian scientists have recently completed work wish promises equality among all, it was quickly rejected as a foolish plan, by the Egyptian government.

The Pharaoh collected Economists, Engineers, Physicists, Chemists, and Mod Makers. To discuss the rioting problem. And they came to these possible conclusions. First they attempted to understand the problem. They believe the problem is as follows.

Random Riots of unexplained nature in cities where the citzenry appear happy.

They also studied events in correlation to the problem.

1. The city is only struck once with the riot. Is this true?

2. The cities are usually very happy, 77+. Egypt runs at around 73 happiness.
        Below is the important question
        They then discussed underlying causes.

1. Is any one running with the Dutcheese files still in place? It was the scientists belief that the Civ itself does not need to run with the DC files in place in order to cause problems, as I believe King Rick runs with a plain setup as does Egypt. But they surmised that the civ before you in turn order could cause these problems.

Before they could continue they needed the following information from every Civ. What is the exact setup of your CTP, mainly do you have the DC files in place? You don't need them.

My setup is plain.

Comment

• Caligula knows not what has happened since the last turn - no riots to report this turn!

1. The Imperator cannot remember what is where but thinks he followed instructions, what does one need to do?

2. It would seem a very low rate - unhappiness starting at pop 9-10, The Imperator's cities typically run at around happiness 73.

3. Taking Tarentum as an example - it has rioted at least four times (twice on the trot once!). last turn it rioted there were no obvious changes (pop, builds etc...)

Caligula the perplexed

Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Turn 60--> Sophanthro

High Priest Jon,

We understand that the strains of a recent war may have made you suspicious. However, we are close neighbours, and as such owe it to ourselves to try and be friends. It is with this in mind that we extend the hand of friendship and offer to exchange maps. One of our ships is in close proximity to the great Incan nation, and we now ask permission to establish an embassy with you.

-----------------------------

Assyria has no riots at the present time to report, but will note the circumstances during which they might appear should they return, and report them here.

King Rick

[This message has been edited by Rick Elkins (edited June 19, 2000).]

Comment

• Turn 61 ==> Demosthenes

Egypt awaits the arrival of the Assyrian diplomat and looks forward to working with Assyria.

Comment

• Turn 61 ==> Jon

Recent cartographic exchanges have given clear insights as to how the world is shaping. It is clear that national expansion is growing.

Here in Wales we foresee that we will shortly need to expand ourselves, we are quickly nearing one hundred percent utilisation of our glorius island.

Search parties have been sent out to seek new bountiful lands, not touched by the growth of colonisation.
                Cariad,
                Demosthenes.
                _____
                www.polthought.freeserve.co.uk

Comment

• Turn 61 to Caligula.

Apologies to our Assyrian neighbours but in the interests of national security it is felt imprudent to exchange cartographic information with a nearby power that has an armed brigade stationed within range of the Inca homeland.

High Priest Jon.

PS. How about a new thread Demos? Eight pages and over 350 postings is getting a bit OTT!

Comment

• I was thinking that myself. I will start a new thread when I recieve the turn.
                    Cariad,
                    Demosthenes.
                    _____

Comment

• Caligula wishes it to be known that the 'unrest' has reared it's ugly head again and will check the Dutchcheese angle tonight...

PAX

MOBIUS

Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Turn 61--> Sophanthro

High Priest Jon:

We are saddened by your distrust. You cite the presence of a "brigade" as the reason for refusing to share maps. but this is merely the very same border patrol who risked their safety to protect your settler, and now protect our southern border. In fact, their presence is fortunate for we two nations once again, for on this very day, they have killed yet ANNOTHER Barbarian warrior headed for your border. I do not know from where they come, but the area seems to be FILLED with these murderous Barbarians. (BTW, it has occurred to us that you may not believe that we saved your settler. If this is true, we are willing to share the game-turn showing this action with a neutral 3rd party as proof that we speak the truth).

Jon, why do you feel threatened by a border patrol? As you'll recall, after discovering the position of your northern border, we communicated to you our unit's peaceful mission, and left your land willingly the very next morning. Had we been so inclined, we were in position to strike that very day, but we showed our peaceful intent.

We asked you in our last communication for your permission to establish an Embassy. We ask for your decision during your next turn, as we need to know whether or not to send our Diplomat. We hope you will allow this move toward better relations, just as we allowed you to establish an Embassy with us.

---------------------------------------------

Great Pharaoh,

Our captain reports that he expects to make landfall at Meydum in three moves, and hopes this location is acceptable to you for building our Embassy.

--------------------------------------------

In riot-related news, this time its Kakzu who has succumbed, with a happiness rating of 76! No new building or pop growth happened just before the riot occurred. I have changed a worker to an entertainer, although I'd obviously rather not, but until the need to is proven otherwise, I'm being cautious.

May the world soon find a vaccine against this malady!

King Rick

Comment

• Double Post
                          [This message has been edited by The True Demosthenes (edited June 21, 2000).]
                          Cariad,
                          Demosthenes.
                          _____

Comment

• New thread started.

Thread closed.
                            Cariad,
                            Demosthenes.
                            _____

Comment