X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi Acc Part III

Turn 46 ==> Shavlor

In news today rumours are circling concerning
    the rise of power of Bastion in the kingdom of the Native Americans. So not only has the Wise Demosthenes crushed an insidious cult which threaten to destroy the world. But it appears there may be a leader, who can bring much needed stability to the Native American.

Don't detach the AI yet though as I want to send a test file to Bastion, to see if he can play it on his Mac, he should be able to.
    [This message has been edited by Sophanthro (edited February 27, 2000).]

Turn 46 --> Jon
    Good to have the game rolling again.

Comment

The recent rumours surrounding the rise of new leader amongst the Native American's have not been without foundation.

Early this year an exceptionally agile brave by the name of Baston hurtled up the ranks during several key battles that did not escape the attentions of the elders of the collective tribes.

Baston was able to quickly worm his way up to a chieftanship of one of the outlying border settlements.

Taking advantage of the present instability this warrior-chief is attempting to usurp power into his hands.

This young warrior chief has been known for his high agression and ambition, but many reports leaking out also speak of his generosity and keen sense of interest in the world around him.

It seems firstly that if his coup attempt is successful he will embark upon some radical changes to the way the tribes are governed and deployed. Many of the remaining elders are now keen to keep the old order and as we speak civil war is gripping the capital as Bastn leadshis own personal force against the present corruptable leaders.

*** Sophanthro, i loaded up the turn on my macintosh no problem, i'd love to start and am keen to embellish the game with a good size of role playing

Let me know when i can start... my replies will be every night UK time (GMT).

Comment

Truly we are living in unstable times. The cult of the Celestial Dawn has been subdued, and once again the Native Americans undergo upheaval in the north.

Somebody should write a book.

"The Trials & Tribulations of SAPBEM"
        Cariad,
        Demosthenes.
        _____
        www.polthought.freeserve.co.uk

Comment

Rumours abound that Baston has taken the capital. Reports however are as yet unconfirmed as there has been heavy fighting in and around the city.

Comment

Turn 46 to Demos.

Hex. I checked over my Gold and nothing seens to have changed. Have you changed Governments?

The Austrailians welcome news of an iminent change of Government amongst the Eskimo people. Although we have not always enjoyed the best of relations with them we hope that under a more enlightened leader we can develope a positive and mutually profitable relationship.

Comment

No government change...

I do have a surplus of gold coming in each turn - going to the civ settings box confirms it, and it shows that after everything is paid, I have positive gold going into my savings.

Yet when I get my turn, the Rush Buy box is in the red... I lost 28 gold last turn. And I know I didn't rush buy anything.

Oh well, I'll just keep monitoring it.
              Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
              ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Demos,

Check and see if you are able to buy siege engines - they should still be available for purchase. If not, then this might not be an issue.

If you can, then what you may have to do is not buy any of CD's add-on units

Of course, this might only be the tip of the iceberg - you may eventually have planes with bombard capabilities (huge), your tech tree might be different (as I said before, your science becomes more expensive post-Rennaisance) and your trade goods will be worth less gold.

Check your trade goods - are most of them worth 5 gold? If so, then CDs Mod is definitely affecting gameplay.
                Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner

Comment

Turn 46/47 -> Sophix

Comment

Turn 47 ==> Shavlor

Demosthenes when you recieve your turn please pass it to Baston. I've detached the AI.

Comment

Turn 47 --> Jon

The Romans welcome the new Native Americain nation with open arms and welcomes peace with them. The Romans wish to have a long and glorious friendship with them.

Comment

Turn 46 ==> Hex

Have checked the library. The extra units from CD are there. What do we do?
                        Cariad,
                        Demosthenes.
                        _____

Comment

Turn to Demos

Comment

NATIVE AMERICAN TRIBES UNITE BEHIND A NEW LEADER

After a week of bitter fighting the capital has finally fallen to Baston's personal forces.

Attempting to flee from justice, the former leader was soon captured and after a show trial, publically executed in front of a cheering crowd.

Presently forming a new administration Baston is debating the best way forward, in terms of how this tribal confederacy should be governed.

Almost before the smoke had cleared Baston received words of congratulation from other world leaders, however based upon past history and personal experience as a young child he remains wary of Roman dominance in this part of the world.

He seeks, for the native americans, to shape them into a formidable power themselves. He has the complete backing of his people at present to undertake any task.

Comment

Turn 47 ==> Baston
                              Cariad,
                              Demosthenes.
                              _____

Comment

Working...
                              X