Semi Acc Game part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn 25 ==> Hex

Citizens of Wales rejoice in the news of the opening of our first foreign embassy. We hope that this new development with our Roman neighbours will bring success and joy to us both.

Comment

Turn 26 ==> Shavlor

Settler = 0 < 30 posts
      Chieftan = 30 < 100 posts
      Warlord = 100 < 300 posts
      Prince = 300 < 1000 posts
      etc.

About FRR I think Im going to find a replacement for his Civ, before the AI kills it completely.

Comment

Turn 26 to Demos

Comment

Turn 25/26 -> Sophix
          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
          ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Turn 26 ==> Hex

Comment

Turn 26/27 -> Sophix

For a while there, I thought that I would get two turns yesterday. This is a good pace.
              Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner

Comment

Turn 27 ==> Shavlor

Comment

Hex, I think that I've worked out what's up with my computer. I've just tried to use one of Dutcheese's scenario's to start a new game and my computer crashed. I've tried it a few more times to be sure, and each time it crashes.

Now, when it does crash I'm getting messages about files being missing. The original problem started when I was messing about with CD's mod. That makes me think that I have certain CD files instead of Dutcheese ones. So, I figure that I need to uninstall, reinstall, and add the mods back on such as Dutcheese(which musn't be there right?) and wave a big stick at Celestial Dawns mod. Doh! I don't want to go through all that hassle again!

The thing that has me worried though is that this game was a Dutcheese game was it not? And all you guys have the right setup, but couldn't get my turn to work, right. So if I configure my computer the same as yours, won't that mean that I won't be able to play my turn?

But how can I play a Dutcheese game that is already underway, and yet not be able to start another one?

Confusing huh? What do you reckon?

Comment

Turn 27 to Demos.

Comment

Turn 27 ==> Hex

Comment

Doh! Guys, I need your help.

I tried the dual set-up, but now the computer cannot find the program.
                        When I try to open the game file the computer aks me to locate the program.
                        I can take it to the corresponding folder, but it still can't find the
                        program. The game itself still works, and in foresight of this situation I
                        saved the game through the normal save game manner, as if playing a solo
                        game. I can access this and replay my turn with no problems. It still saves
                        the game to my desktop as it should, but I cannot open my gamefile and play
                        my turn.

I tried moving the newly installed and unadulterated game so that it only
                        had one file path to go down, but it still won't recognise the program.

Unfortunately my problem applies to both this Semi-Accelerated game AND Swissy's
                        Accelerated game.

So now I cannot play either. Any suggestions?

Comment

Problem solved!!

When I recieve the gamefile I save it to my desktop, so, I've always opened the game file from my desktop. I fI put the gamefile into a saved game file in the CTP directory then I can load the game and open the gamefile from inside the game.

I've tried this with my last go and it works fine.

I blame all this panicking on stress. I've got the first of my final exams tommorrow, so in an effort to avoid doing any revision I put dual directory idea to the test.

Sorry, blonde moment over. I promise to go and do some revision now!

Comment

Turn 28 -> Sophix

Comment

Turn 28 ==> Shavlor

Emperor Sophix laid the final stone on Stonehedge completing the centuries old project. With the knowledge that is gained thru this wonderous structure, Assyrian astrologists will be able to ascertain everything from rainfall, to the number of children that will be born next year.

Al Sevan, chief astrologist at Ninevah, proclaimed, " Man's ambition is finally realized. We can now see clearly into a once foggy future. At the very least our farmers will understand the sign of heaven, a know what plants to plant when, increasing the food in our granaries."
                              [This message has been edited by Sophanthro (edited January 17, 2000).]

Comment

Turn 28 --> Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X