• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn 22 to Demos.
    I hope that after all this it works!!!

Comment

Turn 22 ==> Hex

Well, for some strange reason everything worked fine for me. maybe my computer used it's five percent chance of revolting or something! Everything worked fine on my turn in Swissy's game didn't it Lung?

Anyway, sorry to make you guys wait for so long for the game to commence, but we are back in business!

Comment

...and let me be the first to welcome Demos back into the real world. As he will notice, his kingdom is exactly the same as he left it

Oh, by the way, turn 22/23 -> Sophix
        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Turn 23 --> Jon

Nice to have the game rolling again.
          Welcome back Demos.

Comment

Yeah Hex, it's almost as though the whole world stood still and awaited my return...

Turn 23 ==> Hex

Comment

Turn 23/24 -> Sophix

Gee, I wonder what caused that... :0

Have you figured it out Demos - What kind of setup do you have - Lung had a similar problem in my team game.
              Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner

Comment

Turn 24 --> Jon

Comment

Turn 24 to Demos

Comment

Turn 24 ==> Hex

Comment

To be honest Hex I'm not sure! I've tinkered about with the files so much with all the add-ons, patches, upgrades, and so on, that I'm scared to remove anything now in case even _I_ won't be able to play my turn! Then the game really would be screwed. I know the problems I had started when I installed CD's mod as Jon well knows. At that point even trying to play solo games was impossible because it simply crashed every time I loaded a saved game. I think it may have even started to crash when starting up a new game aswell. What I did, and how I fixed the problem, were contained in braincells that I have now destroyed through alcohol, so I'm afraid that I don't know whether I reinstalled, replaced files back again, or what!

Bugger!

Comment

Turn 24/25 -> Sophix

Demos
                        Here's a suggestion. I don't know if you have the room for this on your hard drive or if you want to chance this...

Try a dual install setup in your Activision folder. I have one complete setup with all the PBEM Scenario files only and another setup with my various mods, like the Apolyton Pack, Medieval Mod and so forth. I have this setup because the Medieval Mod alters some default files, and I didn't want to take the chance of running into file compatibility problems.

Call the folder for PBEM
                        Civilization - Call to Power
                        the other will be called someting like
                        Civilization - Call to Power1, with all your modifications

The gamefile will search for the Civilization - Call to Power folder. Simply switch the names of the folders before launching any game, based on the setup you use.

Just a suggestion - if doing this, you'll have to uninstall and reinstall everything.
                        [This message has been edited by hexagonian (edited January 14, 2000).]

Comment

Turn 25 ==> Shavlor

Does anyone think FRR is ever coming back?

Comment

Hex, I'm just worried that if I start tinkering around again that the game will stop once more. We have established that you need my specific setup to play my turn, it's just that I don't know what that is anymore.

The prospect of stopping the game for a couple of weeks again doesn't grab me, and as we seem to be progressing ok now, I think I'll leave well alone.

BTW what _has_ happened to Fire Red Ram?

Plus, when did all this settler, chieftain, warlord business come into play? And what does it mean, if anything?
                            [This message has been edited by Demosthenes99 (edited January 15, 2000).]

Comment

Turn 25 --> Jon

Comment

Turn 25 to Demos

The Warlord etc thing has just replaced the old Civer/Junior Civer System. I think it just reflects the length of time you've been a member and how active you are on the BB.

As for FireRedRum - What has happened to him?

Comment

Working...
                                X