X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lung
    *Lung shakes in his boots*

*Lung rattles sabre in feigned bravado* *

*Lung slinks back into his cave to plot new, even more devious ways to defeat new foe

Comment

• Lung's back!!! No, not front! Back!!

QC5 Turn 3 to Quinns. By your rep, you should have an army by now!

Comment

• Originally posted by quinns

Yoda is the Jedi MASTER! I think I might worry him in a PBEM game where I have time to think. I don't know how these guys do it... they must be a combination of fast mouse movers and great strategy kings and speed freaks! I start playing a game on the internet and sure enough, if I take more than one minute to move 100 units and control 50 cities .... I get the YAWNs and the ZZZZZZs and the COULD YOU SPEED IT UP PLEASEs!
        You beat Paul? I never heard that?

Online and pbem are quite different. Using building ques in online allows you to speed things up. Pre plotting your troop movements does too. You also need a strong game strategy from the onset.
        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
        Or do we?

Comment

• I didn't say I beat Paul... Jppw was talking about Yoda, not me.

I thought you were going to start up our PBEM challenge match, Blackice. If you can't, no problem. I already have three challenge matches going.

Comment

• Turn 3 to Lung the Omnipotent.

Comment

• Hmmm... I would challenge someone... but I'd get creamed with extra cheese. But I'm open to challenges if anyone wants some target practice

Comment

• Hello redbull! I bet you're just playing possum! I've got three challenge matches going, but I'm sure someone out there would like a challenge match. Once I complete one of these matches, I would be happy to play you. I try to keep it to no more than 3 challenge matches at once. BTW -- What is your best defeat of the a/i redbull? Cheiftain -- Deity? This gives other players a ROUGH idea of your level of play so you can match up.

Comment

• Earth to BirdFace!! Earth to BirdFace!!

Where the hell is our first challenge turn? Are you still having nightmares about Lung's FAST! pbem?

Comment

• I beat Prince ages ago, and I'm almost going to beat King. I haven't even thought of trying Deity

Comment

• Space to Earth!! Space to Earth.

Challenge 6 turn 0 is on its way.

Allowed to enter ruintiles or?

Now I have tried both (without with Quinns this second time) - I MISS THEM..... I have realised: I MISS THE UNPREDICTABLE.
                      First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBirdMan
                        Space to Earth!! Space to Earth.

Challenge 6 turn 0 is on its way.

Allowed to enter ruintiles or?

Now I have tried both (without with Quinns this second time) - I MISS THEM..... I have realised: I MISS THE UNPREDICTABLE.
                        Either way is fine by me, BirdBrain!

BRING IT ON!!!

Comment

• You should have it already .

RUINS ON - GIMME RUINS, RUINS, RUINS - but no babarians

First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• Ruins, eh?

With my starting location, and ruins on, this could be a real bird-fest!

My starting location is on a crappy little stream in the middle of no-man's land! And i thought my QC5 start was bad! It looks like i'm going to have to get my **** together for this game

BC6 Turn 1 to BirdDude

QC5 Turn 4 to Quinns

Comment

• Originally posted by redbull
                              Hmmm... I would challenge someone... but I'd get creamed with extra cheese. But I'm open to challenges if anyone wants some target practice
                              I'll take you on Redbull. I'll just remind you of the settings:

Standard One vs. One PBEM Rules

Map size: Huge
                              Difficulty: Emperor
                              Earth World
                              Bloodlust Off
                              Pollution On
                              Number of Civilizations 4
                              (2 Human Players, 2 Computer Players)
                              Map:
                              Wet/dry 50%
                              warm/cold 50%
                              Ocean/land 50%
                              Island/continent 50%
                              Uniform/diverse 50%
                              few/many goods 50%
                              One Settler (default)
                              100 Gold (default)

I'm easy with the ruins, allowed or not allowed is ok with me. I'll be the Australians... Who would you like to be?

Are these games moderated? If so, would anyone like to moderate?

Comment

• rickety, I accept, and I'll make the map, so we don't need a moderator. I'll be the Welsh... and don't be evil to the Pontypriddians

Comment

Working...
                                X