PBEM Challenges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheBirdMan
    Challenge 1 Quinns/TBM. Close to an end. Quinns wins by 4 x PG within the next turn or 3. Guess I was too slow to panic.

Next time dear Quinns, will all my cities will be builded in mountains!!!!!!!
    I got lucky Birdman. I took adavantage of your full on Spanish attack of the A/I Irish. While you were away killing the poor helpless Irish, the devious Americans struck! (I warned you not to mess with my Irish brothers ... Now look at you! )

We'll see what happens in our Challenge_3 TBM/Quinns. I have no river in that one and ruins are off limits ... not so lucky. Our C1 match isn't officially over yet, so I'm not counting my chickens until I cross that bridge.

Comment

• Originally posted by quinns
      Our C1 match isn't officially over yet, so I'm not counting my chickens until I cross that bridge.
      Counting your chickens? That's a cruel pun, Quinns! Then again, with a name like BirdMan, the list of puns/metaphors/cliches is endless!!

Comment

• Lung.... I'm not that witty! Any "pun" was accidental.

Comment

• BTW, i still don't have my e-mail running, yet. A couple more days and i'll be after the mighty Quinns once more

Comment

• ** CTP PBEM Challenge Results **
            CTP PBEM Challenge #1 (C1) -- Quinns defeated TheBirdMan on turn 130 by 4xPG victory. Started April 2002, finished August 2002.

Shall I start a CTP PBEM Challenge ladder thread??

Comment

• Why the hell not. Milk your victory for all it's worth, i say!

Comment

• As I have written before: Watch out for the rabbits dear Lung! First they are 2 - then 4 - then 30 then 130.

Quinns had the greatest medieval navy at the end of the game I have ever seen. And cavalry. And pikemen. And cannons .
                First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBirdMan
                  As I have written before: Watch out for the rabbits dear Lung! First they are 2 - then 4 - then 30 then 130.

Quinns had the greatest medieval navy at the end of the game I have ever seen. And cavalry. And pikemen. And cannons .
                  That's why he's the best
                  "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

• You think so Jp.
                    “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                    Or do we?

Comment

• It's just a compliment
                      "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

• I would have liked to see him in the tourney I believe he stood a good chance against the Gl'ers.
                        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                        Or do we?

Comment

• Why... thanks Birdman and jpww and blackice!! But I am not the best IMHO. I might give some of the top internet players a run for their money. But I started to play Yoda using the same technique but he was ahead by about 3 or 4 turns by turn 40. He plays my style of game... but he does it better than I. I really don't like internet play... I CAN'T THINK THAT FAST!! LOLOLOLOL

Alright Lung... I tried to disguise my arrogance... BUT SURE, I'LL MILK IT FOR ALL IT'S WORTH!
                          Last edited by quinns; August 15, 2002, 14:40.

Comment

• Last I heard, not even Paul could keep up with him

Comment

• *Lung shakes in his boots*

*Lung rattles sabre in feigned bravado* *

*Lung slinks back into his cave to plot new, even more devious ways to defeat new foe

Comment

• Originally posted by jpww
                                Last I heard, not even Paul could keep up with him
                                Yoda is the Jedi MASTER! I think I might worry him in a PBEM game where I have time to think. I don't know how these guys do it... they must be a combination of fast mouse movers and great strategy kings and speed freaks! I start playing a game on the internet and sure enough, if I take more than one minute to move 100 units and control 50 cities .... I get the YAWNs and the ZZZZZZs and the COULD YOU SPEED IT UP PLEASEs!

Comment

Working...
                                X