X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackice
    Me too what do you say we have the top 6 in a battle

Birdy,Quinns,ber,Kralj,Lung,blackice?

Any takers? maybe we could play J.'s tourney map or quinn's map and tourney rules? Skill only? No ruins nothing a map even goods and top dog?
    I'm in.

Blackice -- Are you and Birdman starting a one vs. one challenge match also? Good. The one vs. one PBEM games move very fast. Birdman and I are on turn 112, and we started in May 2002!

Comment

No I just thought it would be a whole wack of fun if the top dogs had a shot out. Tourney rules no ruins and a nice big map that was the same for all.

So we just have Lung and Kralj to go. I know Kralj is going on holidays soon. That could give us some time to get a map together.
      “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
      Or do we?

Comment

Regarding a map. We could drag out that old map that was called sym4wayc.csg. (Blackice, Gavrushka and I played a good game on that one -- Gavrushka won -- Damn lucky bloke! ) That was symmetrical for 4 players, but it was set up so that 8 players could have exactly the same terrain and goods. I would only have to remove the central land bridges to make it completely symmetrical for 8 players, (or connect the other land masses on the left and right edges via additional landbridges.)

Comment

Sounds good that was a fine job you did on that map

Gav yes he turned into an extremely good player, my guess is he had a great chance at taking that tourney. So did you Quinn
          “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
          Or do we?

Comment

I don't like those sym-maps.

They simply takes the "living" and surprises out of a game.
            First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Well you know we agree there 100% random map is good.
              Or do we?

Comment

Okay. I like random maps too... but let's make all ruins off limits... and the wonders illegal -- to lessen the luck factor. Everything else goes. How is that?

Comment

Just exclude them in the map creation.
                  Or do we?

Comment

Just exclude them in the map creation.
                    How do you exclude ruins without revealing the map? Oh, you mean get a moderator to do it?

Comment

Just modify the mod and or create a scenario and alter the file.
                      Or do we?

Comment

AAAARRRGGGGG..... Hulk-hulk.

How studid can I be. I just realized, that I do not need to be afraid of building cities "in-the-middle-of-nowhere" in my first Quinns-challenge (ruins allowed in that game).

I HAVE CONFUSIOUS ACADEMY. I have no need pulling those "wandering normads" closer to my homeland.
                        First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

quinns,

Modify the following constant to have a value of zero in the Const.txt file before creating the map:

After:

RUINS_CHANCE_PER_BOX 0

This file is generally found in the Civilization-Call to Power/ctp_data/default/gamedata folder. It can also be modified and saved in the default/gamedata of a particular scenario so I've heard

Birdman,

Did you find Confucius Academy in a ruin?
                          "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

Okay JPWW! I don't know jack about mods as you can tell! That was a simple solution... I like those simple solutions.

Birdman, Confucius Academy? The Spanish have begun great educational ventures with the Chinese!! Damn... I'm in trouble.

Comment

Sounds good that was a fine job you did on that map

Gav yes he turned into an extremely good player, my guess is he had a great chance at taking that tourney. So did you Quinn
                              Why, THANKS ICE! But there is some pretty stiff competition there in that "tourney" -- I would have been hard pressed. And one needs VERY much free time to commit to playing in that tournament. I will stick to PBEM. I wish some of those top internet players would come over to PBEM. They would be good competition here. It kind of baffles me -- the reluctance most all of the great internet players have to play PBEM? It just takes a few minutes a day to play PBEM, but hours upon end to play an internet game which usually ends without result. Oh well, to each their own!

Comment

True but not many of them have good military skills.

I think what they do not like is the fact cheating is easy to do. I believe all those years in GL have left a permanant distrust of others for them?
                                Or do we?

Comment

Working...
                                X