No announcement yet.

PBEM Challenges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preparing 2nd match Quinns/TBM. Suggest same nations as we uses now with same settings as the one BerXpert/Quinns uses (Quinns mail from 27th june).

If ok from Quinn, the game will start either this afternoon or tomorrow morning (danish time).

Anyone else, ready for a challenge?

BTW - I can inform you all, that the playersettings Jpww suggested in the game Great Alliances IS WORKING VERY-VERY FINE. We are now at turn 26 in a 4 player game/8 nations/0 (zero) AIs.
    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Yes, BirdMan. Above mentioned settings are fine. Start it up whenever you can!

I have challenged Lung in the PBEM Rankings thread, I will do it here also.

I challenge Lung the Great!

Comment

Lung CAN be beaten.

I hope.
        First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by TheBirdMan
          Lung CAN be beaten.

I hope.
          I hope so too!

I have an idea to remove a bit of the luck factor in CTP PBEM Challenges. How about we make "ruins" off limits to all players? Note that this would mean that no human player could ever enter ruins. But the player could still work the tile with a worker if desired. I understand, from many prior posts, that many feel that they lost only because of bad luck with ruins. This would eliminate this. What do you think?

Comment

That would be great!

Comment

Hey Kralj! Thanks for the input. How about a PBEM Challenge match? You would be welcomed into our small club if you like. Right now it is: TheBirdMan, berXpert, and quinns. I have challenged several others, but they have not answered. How about a game with me? I have a slot open : . I'm not sure if Birdman or BerXpert is looking for another challenge match, but I think Birdman is.

We are using the settings above, with the possible addition of making the "ruins" off limits, if Birdman and berXpert agree for future games.

Comment

No ruins?

Ohh. I AM temptated (right word???). But on the other hand. How should I else get the knowledge to build SOTL? And........ (you shall soon know Quinns ).

Ok - I'm open for your suggestion Steve. As we both know, both goodies and evil comes out of those "stones". So I vote with the majority.

Gandhi

Comment

Steve, I'll gladly start challenge mach. Unfortunately I'll shortly go to vacations, so if you can wait till last week of August that would be great.

Comment

Sure Kralj! End of August is fine. My wife is due to give birth to a baby girl in September, so my turns will be few and far between then, but I promise to play at least one turn every two or three days.

Have a great vacation! (You Europeans, I swear, six weeks of vacation a year! My God!!!! )

Comment

Originally posted by TheBirdMan
                      No ruins?

Ohh. I AM temptated (right word???).
                      Tempted

But on the other hand. How should I else get the knowledge to build SOTL? And........ (you shall soon know Quinns ).
                      Uh oh.

Ok - I'm open for your suggestion Steve. As we both know, both goodies and evil comes out of those "stones". So I vote with the majority.
                      Okay, we will see what berXpert says. But it looks like this rule will pass.

Comment

Hey Birdman, I take your challenge if you are still free for an extra game.

If that's the case, please set the game as you want and send me turn 0.

Comment

Originally posted by quinns
                          (You Europeans, I swear, six weeks of vacation a year! My God!!!! )
                          Not six weeks, only 30 working days.

Comment

Originally posted by Kralj Matjaz

Not six weeks, only 30 working days.
                            Umff... Where is the "envy" smiley?

... that's not it!

Comment

Turn 0 of challenge 3 (TBM and Quinns) and challenge 4 (TBM and BerXpert) sent.

To Steve/BerXpert: I have been fubling with the e-mailadresses. Wrote "challenge 3"/challenge 4 there. Should have added the nations like "Spain Challenge 3" or "Mexicans Challenge 4". If you think what I have done will become too confusing, I'll make a restart this afternoon (danish time).

Gandhi

Comment

Max... my email addresss is quinn2084@yahoo.com. Make the leader name quinns_3 or TheBirdMan_3 or berXpert_4 (apolyton handle_challenge game number) how is that? That will be clearer.

Comment

Working...
                                X