Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iv'e all but given up hope. Hopefully removing the old dat files will solve the problem.

Comment

• How do I identify the old server data?

And why does the new server.data come in a zip file and it's no even 2kb of info?
      Last edited by lilgabe; April 3, 2004, 01:22.

Comment

• no need too just yes yes to over write the file/
        Cuz many servers have been dropped.
        Do you have zone alarm running?
        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
        Or do we?

Comment

• no, I don't have it running.

Comment

• I posted a servers data a few posts ago, it is a .rar file but i can email you the same one. If you can not play after replacing it contact your isp and ask why maybe they have huge security on there end. With Yahoo it would not surprise me. It is the issue of the day so to speak.

Oh one other thing with xp reboot after replacing it and make sure if applicable you have automaticaly detect settings in your lan settings in your control panel, intranet options, connections, lan settings.
            Last edited by blackice; April 3, 2004, 01:43.
            “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
            Or do we?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gavrushka

That was a good game... and a great end battle . Yes it would be good to play a PBEM with you again, and yes it would be far better to have more players to reduce the turn rate a little. The next week or so I am even busier than normal, but there is always time for a PBEM turn. Standard Game?

I am doing up churches for resale now BTW.. After losing a fortune on houses!

Some of the photos for the biggest project I have ever done are at http://home.btconnect.com/Charminster/ and yes the fat bloke in the yellow jacket in the distance is me.. ..
              That's a beautiful church! What a great project!!

Comment

• I don't really follow why there are such problems connecting to servers in CTP.. I had always used Win95 and obviously then no issues. It is a mere fortnight since I got XP and put Norton Internet Security on . IF it won't let me do something it tells me what and why and how to put it right. It seems when anything went wrong in 95 you are left guessing what, but now all the information is there. If these issues are due to running a network, then I am going to need help and quick! I have a second PC coming Tuesday for my Mum. I intend to network them and allow the second access to the internet via the first. Can I rely on the first computer (with the broadband connection) to protect the second from malice? Sorry this is very OT.

Steve I will get some plans sent to you when they are finalised.
                He's back after a fashion...

Comment

• Can I rely on the first computer

Yes Gav but I am sure you will need to lans to do that. That configuration is what microsoft recomends so when you do set it up, it will be easy.
                  Or do we?

Comment

• I recently found out that my ISP blocks port 135. Is this the reason I can't connect to the mutilplay lobby????????

Comment

• WOW i havent been too this site for ages. hows everyone doing ?

I managed to lose 3 cities in one of the super league games to a newbie, milies ahead in ranking but no body home in my cities )-: he took the best city in the game with a horse archer, oh well should get it back soon.

Comment

• I'm fine Paul, and you? How is life in New Zealand?

Horse archer? Sounds like a pretty good "newbie"!

Comment

• lilgabe not sure as the only information we do not have is the port setting for the lobbies...

I'll block mine and check it out.
                          Or do we?

Comment

• Gavrushka have time this weekend for a friendly game of war?
                            Or do we?

Comment

• Originally posted by blackice
                              Gavrushka have time this weekend for a friendly game of war?
                              Why does that not sound right...

A bit like sweet salt, or warm ice, or the light of night..

But the answer would be this weekend I shall find the time, if you can!

Ice I can't play for sheeeet anymore..
                              He's back after a fashion...

Comment

• Well it does look abit odd does it not.

Ah it is called practice, or age as my play ability seems to be sub par lately too. I figure too much PBEM not enough Online. Pbem wait until it is too late a year later, online few hours DoH! I think I will change this direction lol.

Ok early Sat or early Sun? Your choice either is good for me. Oh early am my time.
                                Or do we?

Comment

Working...
                                X