• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lung's number one!
    The rest are all scum!
    Who's number one?
    LUNG! LUNG! LUNG!!!

Seeing as i'm winding up most of my games, i may as well retire while i'm still on top. Have i broken Klair's record for longest at number 1, yet? I may try and hang on until then if necessary, but don't worry, dudes. I'll try and make time to play online if i can ever fix CTP That way you jealous bastards can try and exact some revenge on the mighty Lung

Comment

Ah moose poop Give me 5 more rounds heck if I had not dropped most of my games you would be in the beer store, golf course already
      “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
      Or do we?

Comment

Hey, Pal! I'm in the clubhouse with 10 under and into my third ale already! Hail be thy lager!

Comment

Do we know each other? I mean the count is right
          “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
          Or do we?

Comment

Lung...is your retirement anything to do with the fact I emailed you to say that you had leached the last points out of the games you are in, and simply do not gain points from them any more??

I think Blackice that you are the only one who does not have a lead weight game dragging you right back... Everyone is doing badly at the top in one or more games... Whereas your 6 losses are marginal ones...

TheBirdman could potentially take over the lead, but it really depends on WHEN results come in - At the top if you come last in a 7 or 8 player your score will drop by 3 points, and a win in a 4 player will gain you maybe an extra 0.7-1 points.... It gets harder to break clear of the pack because you stake more points on each game.... Thats why I love this system so much...It seems fair, consistent success is the only way to take top dog spot..

Lung lets try and sort out your Internet Play Problem this Sunday if you can?? Due to work during the week I have had to drop all my PBEM games but one..But from Saturday 18:00BST (GMT + 1) I will play a few hours on line until Sunday night ... As much as I miss PBEM, it will make the weekend that much sweeter and enjoyable..
            He's back after a fashion...

Comment

Lung - do you dare to join the Killers Revenge game?
              First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

I think Blackice that you are the only one who does not have a lead weight game dragging you right back... Everyone is doing badly at the top in one or more games... Whereas your 6 losses are marginal ones...

Hardwork pays off to think I dropped 2 top spot games and two more comming and will still take top spot The challenge is the rush winning is passe...yet it does have flavor

Thats why I love this system so much...It seems fair, consistent success is the only way to take top dog spot..

Yup something oh mighty quinn missed...
                Or do we?

Comment

I actually looked at that Ice, the games you dropped.... You were leading... You would have been 7-8 points higher if you had kept them... And just one other note, people that play for early powergraph victories will lose out overall - Building unecessary improvements for a PG Zoom will weigh down your civ later.... PBEM games last a long time, plan that way..

Now Ice go get some sleep - it is 4:40am!! :doitnow:

Comment

Just finished 23 pages for three different realities in my life Can't sleep But your point too true the biggest difference between online and pbem is exactly that. I am sure you see that now Drop in to see my mutation in TNT a certain point in the game you must mutate online or pbem

Yes and the next two leaders I drop should keep me about the same rank for some time to come. But! I play for the fun not the leader board. I will leave that to moose lovin golfer types or french ladies If I ever make top spot it will be all come from behind victories...That would be fun

Remember mutate now avoid the post bomb rush
                    Or do we?

Comment

Oh and I forgot that AI game I have been breaking the dolldrums with...90 cities happiness 86 civ score 110% production 90,000 science 70,000..damn thing better let me crack 200% or I returning the dang thing
                      Or do we?

Comment

And your email which I have yet an answer...but I wish you the best of luck and health The rest to come
                        Or do we?

Comment

I here what you are saying, I see where you are coming from, but waddya mean???

civleague finally laid to rest now... All emails to rml@iemediation.fsnet.co.uk

AND BTW Blackice, still no builders, I lose Builders like most people lose Pens or Lighters!

Comment

A private conversation between Gav and Blackice ? OK, I won't get in .
                            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

There are many reasons for my impending retirement, namely the fact that there is little left for me to prove in PBEM. Perhaps i could learn to empire-build better than Paul, but why bother when i can beat the crap out of him with brute force?

Retiring will free up time for me (and save brownie points with my wife ) to do other things, such as play the occasional online CTP game, play golf, and make myself some home brew. Oh, and drink it, too

Lastly, i give my blessing to TheBirdMan to take over my number one spot (It's MINE! Mine, mine, mine, mine, MINE!!!), as i have resoundly flogged him in PBEM, so he will always be my inferior

Of course, i will still play my existing games, and finish the Lungmatch tournament.

Comment

It's a pity Lung, I think you had much to prove still, you obviously excel at one aspect of CTP, and trust me when I say you have much to learn still...... we all do..... A few months ago I was under the illusion I was unbeatable. I have recently discovered this is simply not true.... You've never played most people here so your claims to be number 1 are ill-conceived, you have more points than anyone else, that is different to being the best.. If you want to retire with dignity I make a single suggestion.... Enter a tournament, invitational, with the top 8 pbem and top 8 internet players.... relaxed time scales- And lets see who is best... If it is an Internet game based tournament, The winner would not be you... If it is a PBEM based (with an equalised map) you may win, although I think I would put my money on Berxpert.

If you wish to retire with that nagging doubt that all your bluster and rhetoric are merely that.. do so, but lung, you internal body part, why not make sure first.......

Comment

Working...
                                X