Lungmatch Tournament Update!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lung

Don is inactive at Apolyton, but active nonetheless.
    Don disappeared from Monkey and never bothered to respond to my emails. I though that meant that he had simply disappeared and not that he ignored my emails

Anyway, thanks Lung

Comment

He has been quiet lately, but it is in the middle of beaver-hunting season in Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Lung
        He has been quiet lately, but it is in the middle of beaver-hunting season in Canada
        I can see how beaver hunting would be preferable to sitting hunched indoors over a PC all day...

Lung, I don't know where you got this irrational fear of me from - I'm soft and cuddly and wouldn't hurt a fly, honest!
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Problem: We are not flies
          First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

I hope to create the games over the weekend. I awaited with baited breath (garlic breath, whatever )

Comment

Before i create the semi-finals, what civs/leaders do y'all want to be? Please let me know soon or i shall create you according to my whim!

BTW, i think if i can save the game upon conception, we can start the games at turn 0, not turn 1 as i suggested. I'll try when i create it, so if it works, you will receive turn 0 as your first turn.

One more important thing, should i create the games without ruins? Again, i'm not sure if i can without creating a scenario, but as the semi-finals are sudden death, it may be fairer. Let me know, as at this stage i intend to create the game without ruins unless i have protests to the contrary.

Comment

I'll be Mc Swissy of the scots.

You must make a scenario to get no ruins. The only game I have played without ruins has been the World Game which used the world map. Another benefit of a scenario would be a fair map. But this would take time and effort to create. That would cut into your beer drinking
                "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

I prefer one of these:

Bird of the english
                  Maximus of the romans
                  Hagar of the vikings
                  First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Swissy
                    I'll be Mc Swissy of the scots.

You must make a scenario to get no ruins. The only game I have played without ruins has been the World Game which used the world map. Another benefit of a scenario would be a fair map. But this would take time and effort to create. That would cut into your beer drinking
                    It certainly would!! I'll leave it the same for consistency, but i never get anything from ruins anyway Actually, i remember a game years ago when i played against the AI, and i got so many units my military support topped 100%!! In another game i got something like 15 settlers out of 17 huts. CtP has a horrible tendency to do the same bloody thing throughout an entire game

As for your name, i have always been impressed with your ability to invoke your name into every nation

Comment

Originally posted by TheBirdMan
                      I prefer one of these:

Bird of the english
                      Maximus of the romans
                      Hagar of the vikings
                      I was thinking more like BirdBrain of the Romans or something I guess i can manage a Hagar of the Vikings if you insist. After all, Hagar has an equal love of the amber fluid as your truly

Comment

I was creating the first semi-final, but when i launched.......D'OH! Insert CD

Just when i thought i had gotten away with it. Anyway, it looks like i will have to find the disk. I looked over the weekend, but it doesn't appear to be in any box accesible. I thought i planned it better, but it seems it's in a box under and behind everything!!!

@#$%

Comment

You can borrow mine if you like...
                          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Lung, you don't have to create a scenario to eliminate ruins. Here is jpww's advice on how to do it... it works.

"Change the file: ctp_data\default\gamedata\const.txt RUINS_CHANCE_PER_BOX --- set it to 0.0.

Thanks JPWW. That worked good to eliminate all ruins on the map. "

Do this on your computer before you start the games.

Also, I'll be Quinns of the Mayans. And no ruins is fine with me.

Comment

Originally posted by quinns
                              Lung, you don't have to create a scenario to eliminate ruins. Here is jpww's advice on how to do it... it works.

"Change the file: ctp_data\default\gamedata\const.txt RUINS_CHANCE_PER_BOX --- set it to 0.0.

Thanks JPWW. That worked good to eliminate all ruins on the map. "

Do this on your computer before you start the games.

Also, I'll be Quinns of the Mayans. And no ruins is fine with me.
                              Can you do a similar hack to eliminate wonders?
                              If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by checkMate

Can you do a similar hack to eliminate wonders?
                                Don't know. I don't like hacks and mods too much so this is the first one I tried. This "no ruins" hack serves it's purpose. I'm not sure about a hack for wonders, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X