Conquer!!! part 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn 58 to Saddam.

The trawelling assyrian diplomat is now near the roman city of Virconium. But just before, he would get sight of the great city, a shiver ran through his spine. From the top of a dune of sand, he could be heavily armed babarians between him and the city, moving towards the city.

I must warn them, without drawing the babarians attention towards me - but how?

And where are my guards, now that I need them? Probably sitting down at shore together with the crew from our longboat, drinking and eating all our supply instead of being on patrol between me and our ship. If I survive this, then.......
    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Atuphula looked strangely at what had been built in the great capitol Cuzco. "What is it" ? he wondered. High priest Kolkanphu replied, "it is a gift from the God". "Our people should each recieve a copy and it proves once and for all, that there is only god". "Only one god?" Atuphula replied." Yes almighty, Only one god!". His name, my lord, is JESUS!"
      Atuphula asked, "What effect will it have if we give it to our people" Kolkanphu replied, "It will save them into the one true faith, aswell this book contains a wealth of knowledge". "If read it will no doubt enlight the people of Inca in terms of Science"

Atuphla immediately ordered the distribution of these 'Bibles', right after he himself was saved.

Atuphla left the temple and headed towards the adminstration office. Once there...
      "What should the great city of Cuzco divert its resources to know my lord?". "A giant tower to see if the new god, we have heard about lately exists? ","No you fool" Atuhpla snapped..."A young man named Atan Suphu has approaced me with a project called the 'London Exchange' ". "I will direct him to show your workers and engineers what do do. But he stressed that the merchants will do more than the workers"

Comment

Turn 58 to King Thor

Comment

59 sent to NukeBoy
          ==
          Time for ratings, BTW please let me unrated for this game. I'm in a realy awful position, maybe due the continue "nexting" of my antecesor.

----

We wellcome the assyrian diplomat, thanks for the warning about the barbarian activity near Virconium, a patrol will be sent to force that natives to go where they belong "the desert" and let you a safe way to Rome.

Comment

Turn 59 to Birdman

I would prefer not to be rated in this game
            Let me explain something to you..... I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing. - The Big Lebowski(1998)

Comment

Turn 59 to Saddam.

I am last - let me continue to be rated .

I deserves no better when I am not able to do increase the assysians position after Creator left this game. Even though desert (only one s this time) and babarians are a strong cocktail.
              Last edited by TheBirdMan; July 28, 2001, 01:22.
              First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Dont kid yourself bird. The barbarians are atrocius this game, proving to be very formible. On my whole eastern frontier is crawling with them (spotted 6-10 live ones in just 5 turns). ive lost 2 citys this game to those SOB's and theyve stunted my eastward/northward expansion.

I know they have been harrassing Rome alot and JAFO had emailed me many times that he could not control them. And had even at one point, after losing Virconium to the barbarians, had asked me for some of my nearby knights to clear out the very active countryside.

I think Thor and you are also having trouble with those little SOB's.

Comment

Out of turn.

In that case, I do not think Virconium is the best place to establish an embassy with the romans :banned:

Gandhi

Comment

Yea

The barbarians in this game are like rodents. They dont hunt, they scavange in packs.Too bad you cant spray em . My only advice to anyone being harrassed bye them on this game is simple. Settle the countryside, and you will tame these men time forgot.

But I tend to think they will get worse before they get better. As I recall counting a half-dozen live ones in the plains/deserts west of Inca heartland. And one of these was armed with phalanx.

But they are fierce little bastards.

Note on the subject :Beware americans, my archer was slaughtered bye 2 barbians last turn in the mountain of san diego

Comment

Persia has been bothered by barbarians on several occasions, and continue to pester us. They are an annoying pestilence, however, they do not stand a chance against our well trained armies.

Besides, the barbarian people are too weak to survive in a land as harsh and arid as Persia. Only our race has the resilience, intelect, and will to thrive in such a place.
                      King Thor

Comment

Turn 59 to King Thor

Comment

60 to Nukeboy

Comment

Turn 60 to Saddam.

Special offer just for my american and phoenician friends:

Knowledge for sale. Price minimum 500 gold each. Any offer above this amount will be accepted.

Do your tradebarging with us - if you have the money, I have the knowledge.

This is a special price - just for my friends. Other might get it cheaper (sorry - that is not quite true , but it's a good joke ).

Gandhi

Comment

churn to Starvros

What did we find when patrolling the plains of western Inca? Far far north of Ollaytambo was what once was a Phoenician city. However the phoenica people left long ago in the threat of Barbarians,who then occupied the city for the past 900 years or so. Our knights rode into the city center. But found that the barbarian men had butchered all who lived inside the city.

Thus the city was no more than a memory now.....

Comment

Turn 60 to King Thor

Comment

Working...
                                X