RIP Faded Glory :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Faded Glory :(

I remember coming onto Apolyton just as he left...

I'm sure the old-timers will have more to say.

Frozzy just beat me to it... But maybe the title should be a bit more obvious?

This is a sad day for Apolyton in general and the CtP community in particular. He was a pain in the butt for the Apolyton staff sometimes but he was a good guy and a great member of our community.

My thoughts go to Steve's family and friends. Indeed, may he rest in peace...
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

There is a petition in the A/C forum, petition , to inducted Faded Glory and Scouse Gits(2) into the Apolyton Hall of Fame.

Please go sign it.
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Comment

Rest in peace Steve.

It was always a pleasure to chat and to play with him. He may have stepped over the rule line now and then, but he always provided a good laugh, and was clearly a nice guy.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

My condolences to his family and all those who knew him.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Yeaah..I am still kinda numb..I mean..we had some greats games, heated discussions and emailed eah other from time to time..last on his Birthday...I was discussing the options of perhaps getting a game going soon with him..

Me and F G or Faded Glory-Hole as I referred to Him as...I felt the sting of his Jack Booted Fascists many a time...

and as I stated last night....

Solver-Hall and Ming-A-Pulco will not be the same again...

Peace my friend..I sure hope you knew Jesus Christ as Lord so we may see each other again real soon!

Grandpa Troll
              Attached Files
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

It's shocking news to me!

Will always remember his eccentric posts in the PBEM threads...
                PHOENIXCAGER
                The Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Very sad news.

Comment

On the other hand... if this is some extremely sick joke... Then GOOD! That means that Saddam a.k.a. Faded Glory a.ka. Steve a.ka. Patrick is still with us -- and he has played us all for fools!! Until I see the obituary, I will not be convinced that our good friend, Faded Glory, is dead. So far I have seen no evidence of his death. Everyone that has tried to find his obituary in his home town papers and neighboring county papers, on the days surrounding his alleged death, have come up empty and have found nothing. Come on Steve (or is it Patrick)! The joke is over!! Say it isn't so!

Comment

I played him once online, he won. Always said I would play him again. Sadly I will never be able to regain the pride I lost in that match.

I just hope quinns is right
                      So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

Originally posted by quinns
                        On the other hand... if this is some extremely sick joke... Then GOOD! That means that Saddam a.k.a. Faded Glory a.ka. Steve a.ka. Patrick is still with us -- and he has played us all for fools!! Until I see the obituary, I will not be convinced that our good friend, Faded Glory, is dead. So far I have seen no evidence of his death. Everyone that has tried to find his obituary in his home town papers and neighboring county papers, on the days surrounding his alleged death, have come up empty and have found nothing. Come on Steve (or is it Patrick)! The joke is over!! Say it isn't so!
                        I would say this in adding to your appropriate post. This brings up a very important question:

Of all the people whom play (or have played here) someone should be able to find some sort of eveidence of his past, I dont know that he is indeed dead nor do I know that he isnt. I feel so sad at his passing, the way he died and the fact that he will no longer be a brethren actively participating on these forums. BUT..some one ought to have some credible lead as to his location that he passed away in. A last name even. I have known him (Online) since early days of playing CTP, yet I cant place his last name..I knew bits and pieces of his "profile"..IT Career, name of Steve (Patrick by birth) from Wisconsin, but outside of that limited memory.

All the experts here at CTP, past and present, must have some known facts. Maybe a thread could be started..Ill do that right now, and hope the Moderators will see why i am doing this:

I miss my buddy, I would like to pass condolences along to his family..and yes, I too would like to have some sort of proof of of passing. I do not think that there is anything wrong with that.

Please, lets just post what we know about him, factual, not spamming or trolling.

May God Bless His soul wherever it now lies!

In Jesus name

Grandpa "Seeker-Of-The-Truth" Troll
                        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I used to play him and learn a lot of war tactics, it's a shame he is not more with us.

Troll:

I read in the off topic thread that a guy called Ming got an email from Steves' brother, I think it could be easier to ask Ming for address so we can have more information to send a card.

Comment

Originally posted by berXpert
                            Troll:

I read in the off topic thread that a guy called Ming got an email from Steves' brother, I think it could be easier to ask Ming for address so we can have more information to send a card.
                            In the other thread Ming did not get an email, but a Private Message or PM from the "Faded Glory" handle saying that he was Faded Glory's brother and that he was "cleaning up". This sounds very strange. If I'm wrong about this, then I deeply apologize to his family and friends.
                            Last edited by quinns; October 22, 2003, 15:57.

Comment

I'd want my wife or cousin (both computer literate) to 'clean up' if something similar were to happen to me.

I, for one, really don't want to question this kind of sad news.
                              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Working...
                              X