This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Ok..here I am..looking and ready to try a game...

Quinns told me this is the Launch pad so to speak..

soooooooooooooo....

I would enjoy having a game...maybe 1 vs 1 pbem...

Let me know if anyone wants to get their rooster feathers all worked up beating up a geritol-laden (unlike the dirty rotten Osama Bid-laden ) Grandpa Troll

Peace

Grandpa Troll
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Troll
        Ok..here I am..looking and ready to try a game...

Quinns told me this is the Launch pad so to speak..

soooooooooooooo....

I would enjoy having a game...maybe 1 vs 1 pbem...

Let me know if anyone wants to get their rooster feathers all worked up beating up a geritol-laden (unlike the dirty rotten Osama Bid-laden ) Grandpa Troll

Peace

Grandpa Troll

if you start talking in a way i can understand you, i might give you a fight.
        Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
        O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mathemagician

if you start talking in a way i can understand you, i might give you a fight.
          Biddest me chance to enquire, that if thou owneth this Gauntlet which appeareth to have been launched from your lofty perch?

Ifit be so..then..(ahem) me lady..let da fur flyeth!

Peace

Grandpa Troll

Comment

• too bad. and i was hoping for another game..

Comment

too bad. and i was hoping for another game..
              Yeah Math..I was too..maybe I can find someone whom speaks English a wee bit better , because from what I have seen, the storyline can be (at least on my part it WILL be) half the fun!

Peace

Grandpa Troll

Comment

• that might be a good idea then.

Comment

that might be a good idea then.
                  Ok..lets talk about it some...maybe you and I can have a go at it..kinda have a storyline as mentioned, I am a 44 year old salty-Ham type..lots of imagination, limited proper ettiquette and even less true depiction of the way english composition should be put forth in writing!

At any rate..lets talk about the setup..

please no scenario/modifications..

Im off to bed now..woke up with a little oldfashioned case of heartburn..my pizza didnt set well, and was setting in my throat, so the acid...well..your not my doctor and that will have to be another story!!

Peace

Grandpa Troll

Comment

• okay, trollman.
                    i accept any settings as long as i get to know them before the game and as long as it is a donut world.
                    but see, though i appreciate a good storyline - i write some stories about my games myself occasionally - im more the competitive guy.
                    i have currently 7 or so games running and its the thrill of playing the best (you guys in here ) that im seeking.

so im hoping for a thrilling story troll

Comment

• Ok..Heres what I propose:

Regular Size

you and me and 2 ai

Wet-2 (Close to wet side)

Warm-1 (Close to warm side)

Land-1 (Close to Land side)

Continent-1 (Close to Continent side)

Uniform-1 (Close to uniform side)

FEW goods-1 (Close to FEW goods side)

Pollution OFF

Blooslust ON

Diety Level

Dougnut World is great by me!

Have fun enjoy.

I dont know tricks or cheats so I dont like them.

Just play and have fun my Deutche friend!

I would like to be "Troll-Two Feathers" of Native Americans.

Any suggestions other than that?

Peace

Grandpa Troll

Comment

• oh does that mean you dont want to use the farm under city bug ?

im a little surprised that you used only 1s and 2s for the measurements. do you really mean to only use sliders very close to the edge ?
                        i mean, its okay, just checking.

Comment

oh does that mean you dont want to use the farm under city bug ?

im a little surprised that you used only 1s and 2s for the measurements. do you really mean to only use sliders very close to the edge ?
                          i mean, its okay, just checking.
                          I dont know about the use of farm under city bug?

As for near edge, yes..but we can move them if you like Math?

I usually use these settings in Multiplayer games and they do well...but please..share what you like?

I chose few goods..to make more competitive for a tougher economy!

I am off to a funeral..will return after several hours...let me know...I am looking forward my friend!

Peace

Grandpa Troll

Comment

• farm under city bug means you can build a farm, a mine or whatever on a tile during the same round as you build a city on that tile, but just before the city.
                            this way, the improvement you build will be finished and not be cancelled by the founding of the city as usual.

i usually like to use this bug (not even sure if this is the bug or the fact that otherwise the improvement disappears) as it gives more options to build an effective economy, for example if you should get stuck on a small island or otherwise infertile land.

also, somehow my follow-up post asking for whether to use wonders, ruins and piracy apparently didnt get through, so im asking again now.

Comment

well, birdman, what you did was your own calculated risk.
                              that isnt what we are talking about, is it ?
                              we were talking about the graphics bug causing you to lose the game !

as for ruin tiles:
                              to my experience, until before 3000 BC ruins never bring about barbarians, and if the ruin was 2 tiles away from your capital, why didnt you enter it much earlier ?

oh, and how cold did it get between your legs ? brrr
                              To take your last question first:

Very-very-very cold. My b.lls felt like they was just disappearing……….. and my stomach was ….. what do you call it – squeezing?!

Then the next (from below): I don’t know, simply can’t remember any more! Maybe I did “think” about the risk and let my warrior (I always start with a warrior, that I am sure of) go to see if there was any goodies near my capitol instead of looking into something un-certain?! And then forgot why I earlier decided not to enter the tile, my capitol was afterall undefended......

See, not all moves/choices I do are “cool” calculated risks – actually I do like the game and I sometimes plays like a nut. And sometimes I am playing when I should not , usually in the late evenings

And finally: Yes, it is actually what we are talking about – replay or not (with or without agreement of your opponent - does he feel "sorry" for you or not - let you replay your lastest turn?!?!).

My problem is, that I usually play "safe" in the "small" situations but often make smaller (or larger) blunders when I plan several turns ahed. But I am learning........ learning.

And recently, I have been teached by Hatchy how to play the nuke-game - he is just a master here .
                              First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBirdMan
                                And finally: Yes, it is actually what we are talking about – replay or not (with or without agreement of your opponent - does he feel "sorry" for you or not - let you replay your lastest turn?!?!).
                                no it is not !
                                we (or at least i) were talking about a situation that seemed harmless due to graphic bugs, when in fact it was a huge danger.
                                entering a ruins you know is 2 tiles away from your undefended capitol is something different.

Comment

Working...
                                X