sure its not a bug.
    its not that BUG <==> BAN is it ?
    Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
    O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

Challenge match 59 started -- Mathemagician vs. quinns --

Good luck, Math.

Comment

keep that for yourself, quinns. bwahaha ! you'll need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathemagician
          keep that for yourself, quinns. bwahaha ! you'll need it.
          Okay, I will keep it. I know I will need it!

Comment

Vulture Eating vs. the Carcass of Richard Nixon Turn 100:
            Richard Nixon and the people of California are stunned by the sneaky yet brilliant attack by the Knights of the Perch. Santa Barbara was re-taken briefly but the Birds on Horse ended that short reprieve with another brilliant attack.. I still lead in PW but that is fading fast. I should have, would have, cold have but didn’t defend those cities well enough and now Nixon Pays the piper. Those river cities were the gateway to the good land.

Blackice vs. checkMate Turn 30:
            Foolishly, Nixon let his 2nd city die of starvation. There is little hope for what is left of the nation of California.

checkMate vs. Mathemagician Turn 72:
            There has been a very strange toe2toe buildup/standoff that occurs in the middle of the California Icy glaciers (apparently in the frozen plains of California somewhere) I just can’t under stand the Master Math Mind’s fascination with that cold ground. Five of his brave warriors have been stomping around trying to warm-up. I think they have left for warmer climates now. The game was quite close but for the moment the California 49ers have taken off in PW.

Mieciofok vs checkMate Turn 73:
            Well the Polish Gangs and the Police of California have now given one another the slip, the people’s greatest fears of violence was realized when the polish hordes took the coastal city of Ventura. Lawlessness reigns in the land. The people of the Golden State seem to be in a stupor. They just can’t seem to grow, they search in vain for the Salinas River.

checkMate vs. Nimrod Turn 79:
            Nimrod and Nixon seem to be at an understanding about each others borders now. The Californian’s led by Nixon’s wise rule increase daily in PW. No-one knows what Nimrod is planning.

Ricketyclik vs. checkMate Turn 102:
            All is still quiet and peaceful, the bountiful young and tanned youths effortlessly gather baskets of fruit and gorge on many delicacies while discussing philosophy. California seems quite sluggish; Turn 94 and still no mill. Hum. Better pump up the science output. I think all of the college students are smoking dope instead of hitting the books. Do we need education reform or a war on drugs?

5/25/03
            If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by checkMate

Ricketyclik vs. checkMate Turn 102:
              All is still quiet and peaceful, the bountiful young and tanned youths effortlessly gather baskets of fruit and gorge on many delicacies while discussing philosophy. California seems quite sluggish; Turn 94 and still no mill. Hum. Better pump up the science output. I think all of the college students are smoking dope instead of hitting the books. Do we need education reform or a war on drugs?
              Meanwhile the Australian opium production and smuggling industry thrives...

Comment

Math vs. Mieciofok - turn 40-60 (?)

no turn for a while.
                recently my scouts spotted a few soldiers that seemed to belong to some other civilization but they were gone as soon as they appeared so we know not if this was just a hallucination.

Math vs. David42one - turn 41

again, david placed us in seats 1 and 2, so we started out very close together. we met about 20 turns ago and by now it seems our border is quite clear and guarded.

Math vs. BirdMan - turn 184

no new wonders for my great nation in a while, but other important advances all the more.
                some of our most distinguished scientists are already talking about the possiblity of putting a man on the moon. but im not sure if the current governmental system will be flexible enough to implement such a daring plan.

Math vs. checkmate- turn 73

my warrior scouts recently came back from the frontier to our neighbour, the americans. they reported about beautiful women and musculous men wearing bathing suits in a landscape of icy glaciers.
                after the double-treaty incident years ago, this is the second opportunity that lets my people wonder if this apparently friendly tribe has any resemble to our culture, or maybe was placed there merely as a joke of the gods.

Math vs. ricketyclik - turn 133

the hebrews, jamaicans and zulus seem to still hate us, despite interim peace treaties with all of the three.
                but as long as our friends the phoenicians dont attack us, i think my world wont shatter.
                im really wondering now what the australians, that we havent heard of in a while, are doing these years.

Math vs. quinns - turn 1

still waiting for some more turns.

Comment

New Challenge Game started:

Mathemagician vs. Hatschy

Comment

Math vs. ricketyclik - turn 133

im really wondering now what the australians, that we havent heard of in a while, are doing these years.
                    See reply to checkMate, above

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik

See reply to checkMate, above
                      oh i c.
                      so the ominous "Ramayana" actually is a spiritual-mantled drug hell...
                      now i understand what you Australians are doing with the precious time that my people spend for (admittably rather depressing) scientific research.

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik

Meanwhile the Australian opium production and smuggling industry thrives...
                        "If I were the president of this land
                        I would declare total war on the pusher man."

Steppenwolf
                        If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

New Challenge Game started:

Mathemagician vs. Hatschy
                          Added Match #60.

Comment

I'd cut him if he stands, and I'd shoot him if he'd run
                            Yes I'd kill him with my Bible and my razor and my gun

Steppenwolf

good tune
                            “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                            Or do we?

Comment

Comment

here is an idea to speeden up some challenge games, mainly the first few turns:

along with the turn you sent via email, allow your opponent to "next" you X times.
                                nexting someone without looking is pretty simple, as long as you trust your opponent, that is.

you just have to open the file, get your finger on the 'n' key before the screen shows up, dont look at the screen except for the very lower right corner with the 'next turn' button. when it appears, you know the turn has been loaded. press 'n' and wait until the button disappears again. it is then safe to look at the screen because only the window telling you to send the file will be shown and nothing else.

what do you think ?

Comment

Working...
                                X