Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody know where I can get a copy of that duel-duel map?
    Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.
    - Isaac Asimov, 1920-1992

Comment

its not a map, its form of a duel... (i think)
      but then again, im not an expert on dual duels.
      Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
      O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

Math -- Let's not use the farm-under bug then, if it's okay with you.

David -- Math is right. Dual-duel is a type of challenge match where one person sets up the match as though it were a normal PBEM challenge with 2 humans and X number of computer players and a random map. However, the difference is that the very first turn is not played, but is just "End"ed and sent on to the second player. In addition, the first player PLAYS THE SAME TURN THAT WAS SENT TO THE SECOND PLAYER and sends that one on to the second player as well. So that you have two games running at the same time with the positions swapped. First player to win a game, wins the match.

Comment

okay, here is another interesting question concerning my very favourite bug.

if i create a forest on a tile where i want to found a city and i found the city on it before the forest is finished, does that count as usage of the farm under city bug ?

it's effectively the same, except for the fact the forest would have stayed there even if built earlier, as opposed to the farm or mine.

what do you think ?

Comment

That is very interesting! It suggests to me the possibility that the fact that the farm disappears may be the bug!

Comment

personaly i find founding a city before mentioned forest is finished as a bug...
              wait till it's build - tahat's the challenge
              i also find forests under city much different than mine or farm - it's pure nature
              so it's not a bug

Comment

Boils down to just call them all bugs and agree to thier use before the game starts.

That way newbies who have no idea of these bugs will get the heads up before the game starts, many other reason's too.

IMHO anyway.
                “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                Or do we?

Comment

come on, all newbies who dont know about it but want a forest, would do different, is build the forest 2 turns earlier.

Comment

I say, you can't compare raising a forrest, using the terraforming function with building a mine/farm, using the tileimprovement function.

Just my humble opinion.

Edit:

And by a second thought: I can't see anything wrong by planning (raising) a forrest (or start cutting it down) at the same time as you found a new city.

One thing I do NOT like is the ability to terraform tiles to hills and mountains (and the other round).
                    Last edited by TheBirdMan; May 23, 2003, 10:03.
                    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

another question from my ingeniusly explorating mind.

is it allowed (in official games, like challenge games) to name two different cities the same way so as to confuse the opponent ?
                      i would say no. is there any consensus on this ?

Comment

I'd say this is a "built-in" feature of CtP. Everyone ever noticed, that the Viking city of Stavanger exists twice in the standard .txt files that are installed with CtP? So you get two cities named "Stavanger" when playing as the Vikings, if you don't rename the second one. So it is hard to forbid that .

Comment

I've often consider naming all my cities the same name, but that's really not going to confuse anybody.
                          If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by checkMate
                            I've often consider naming all my cities the same name, but that's really not going to confuse anybody.
                            I reckon if I did that I'd get pretty confused

Comment

just imagine you see that City "X" has a specific wonder which you'd really like to conquer and there are 5 cities called "X" of that player...

Comment

I say go ahead and rename your cities whatever you like -- including the same name over and over. That's not a bug IMO. Rickety states the penalty of doing that by possibly confusing yourself more than it confuses your opponent(s)!

Comment

Working...
                                X