No announcement yet.

Paulno1's Internet Game Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Paul. Let's just keep it simple and ban all wonders and keep all settings at 50%. I imagine you both agreed with the gold at 1000 and settlers at 3. If not, we can discuss it Saturday.

I'll be there Saturday at 4:00 p.m. Los Angeles time!

edit: Oops... I goofed on the above times.

Revised:

So it is:

11:00 a.m. Sunday (Auckland)
    12:00 a.m. Sunday (London midnight Saturday)
    4:00 p.m Saturday (Los Angeles)

California 12 Server
    Last edited by quinns; May 24, 2001, 18:16.

Comment

Where can I place my bet? Odds stand 4 to 1 in Paul's favor
      The C:CTP MASTER.....

Comment

Aha the Ghost of Dragon appears..... A more than worthy sacrifice to Pauls's Warlust I am sure...... I think the game will be a close one, and success and defeat will depend on how well Quinns and I cooperate and coordinate......

You have the advantage over me in that I have never played Paul before, however you have not played me, and it would be pointless until I have scored some wins...... You would have nothing to gain..... But hope we spar in a couple of months eh?
        He's back after a fashion...

Comment

what about 5000 or 3000 gold ? and 5 settlers
          i prefer 5000 though i think im aloud 1 request since i havent had any yet
          Did we agree on gifting tec or not ?
          if you aint going to give me any money then i suggest not.

and learn too spend money you will enver be a great player till
          you do, very key part of the game
          I presuem ill see you in cali at 11 am sunday my time

Comment

come on dragon those odds are a little generous arent they hehe
            (too them)
            Ill beat $100 NZ hehe thats like nothing in us but lots here (-:
            You will never beat me again dragon Fly (-:

Comment

5000 Gold? I agree, I didn't realise though that these were not your settings? What would your settings be? I thought we had agreed on no Wonders at your request?

Maybe my elderly eyes betray me, but I don't think you have ever stated your full preferences? I think you should state them now.

Quinns, I don't know what your thoughts are on this..... but should we debate the settings a bit more fully? One thing I would prefer is to stick with a Regular Map - I do not care on any other settings at all .

Comment

Paul, the "no technology trading" is by far the biggest request you are making IMO. Without that ability, Gavrushka and I are just two separate entities waiting to be swallowed up by the all powerful "Paulno1" But, if that is the only way you will play against us, that is fine. I will accept that then. Dragon, that should take the odds back to about 20:1 instead of 4:1 against us.

I don't understand really, Paul. It sounds like you are extremely confident in winning... so why all of these conditions... more gold, larger map size, no tech trading, etc.?
                Last edited by quinns; May 25, 2001, 11:55.

Comment

I kind of agree with the above comments...I mean...it's not really 2 on 1 if the two cannot combine. Tech is the main part.
                  Live EVERY day like it's the best day of your life, and it will be.

Comment

Never beat you again Hahaha....wait that isnt funny
                    The C:CTP MASTER.....

Comment

I am no wiser as to the settings.... Could we have a definitive set posted ?

Fuzzball yeh, I was a bit taken aback by the lack of tech trading....I thought the idea was to combine two mediocre players against the official world number one!

Comment

Settings:
                        Game Name = Paulno1's Internet Game Challenge
                        Internet game; deity level; raging hordes; regular/large size map???; donut world; random map; all map settings at 50%; 3 settlers/5 settlers???, 100/5000 gold???; restart until 3600 B.C., NON GAMELEAGUE GAME; no tech trading???; no rush buy/remove tricks; no other bug utilization tricks; speed cities -- 30 seconds max per city??? (no time pestering); 4 hour sessions; break every 2 hours.

??? = Debatable

Game will start at:
                        Sunday 11:01 a.m. Auckland, New Zealand
                        Saturday 4:01 p.m. Los Angeles, USA
                        Sunday 12:01 a.m. midnight. London, Great Britain

Proposed Players:

1. Paulno1 (New Zealand) -- Number 1 player on CTP GameLeague for several months.
                        2. Quinns (United States) -- Number 15 player on CTP PBEM Ratings, number 93 player on CTP GameLeague (new to GameLeague) .
                        3. Gavrushka (United Kingdom) -- Number 58 player on CTP Gameleague (new to GameLeague).

Moderator: Fuzzball
                        Last edited by quinns; May 26, 2001, 15:48.

Comment

I should be in the lobby when you guys meet. Hopefully everyone can find a reasonable compromise in regards to the settings. If I'm not in the lobby before you begin play, I will still expect copies of game saves atleast every 5 turns. Saves may be posted to soulless123@aol.com. They may be sent in bulk after the game and I will review and discredit anyone seen to be using any bugs/cheats/tricks. Whoever posts me the save games, please do not send over 2 meg of files in one email. Try to zip them up in batches if you can. And make sure all saves are clearly labelled throughout game please, in order to make reviewing the game a manageable task.
                          I have already voiced my opinion in regards to game settings and no tech gifting. This makes it no different to a 1 v 1 v 1 game. It does not make a true 2 v 1 game as Paul has proposed.....You say you have the skills to do it anyway Paul, why not allow the tech then?

Goodluck people's.
                          Live EVERY day like it's the best day of your life, and it will be.

Comment

Thanks a lot Fuzzball. Your efforts and comments are much appreciated. I will, most likely, be hosting the game, so I will do as you say and save every 5th turn -- 0, 5, 10, 15, etc.

Comment

3 settlers...
                              100 gold
                              regular map my preferences
                              OR
                              5 Settlers
                              5000gold
                              large map
                              tech trading

either way no speed cities please - I would panic!LOL

Comment

oh I am 58 on gameleague now quinns!

Comment

Working...
                                X