Monkey 2 - part VIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 264 to Don
    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• Dutch scientist succesfully cloned an alien life form. Game over.

Comment

• Typical bloody unemotive statment from Paul. Are you a vulcan or something??? No fanfare, no nothing. Just...

I.....WIN,.....YOU.....DIE.

After two years, we expect to die horribly!! I expect a bloody and gory death!!! I expect to go down in a fiery ball of flames! (Is there another kind? ) I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

When i win Lung's FAST! pbem, the whole world will hear about it! There will be fanfare. There will be celebrations. There will be ritual stomping on your avatars. There will be literally hundreds of 's. I will make a web page in dedication to it. The works. Most likely, you will never hear the end of it

Congratulations, Paul. 264 turns to finish Alien Life Project will take some beating. Particularly with Civ3 coming out soon

HAIL OUR NEW ALIEN OVERLORDS!!!

Comment

• I was kind of disappointed with the ending as well. No victory movie or anything. Just a messagebox saying that I had won.

Comment

• Congratulations Paul!

Yeah, Lung is right. No cheers, no nothing. What could more a movie do than the victory itself against human opponents after two years of competition?!? Common Paul, enjoy your victory!

Comment

• I salute you Paul .

Well done .

/Max

p.s.: You don't have to send the turn to me now I know, that nothing special happens.

F... Activision That's too poor
              First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• I certainly enjoyed playing this game and I would like to thank you all for playing with me. Not only the currently active players, but also those who had to quit, especially Monkey for starting the game.

Comment

• Confratulations paul!

I knew they were not weather balloons

As for secrets , are there any?

Well, during my brief life on this cruel world. I had created a France/Lung/Birdman alliance. There was lots of chatter about invading the Dutch. But when it came down to taking action, nothing was done. Thats because we all assumed it was much to late to even bother. So instead I started a dumb war against america to pass the time.

Anyway, I wonder why only Birdman attacked you in the end? Did the mighty lung decide to get scared or maybe not

anyway, congrats to you

Comment

• I did attack the dutch - but I didn't attack Paul. It was the "competing" nation, a revolt of your cities made. Those called themselfes Dutch(!).

I can now write open - I did try to make an alliance against the Paul-Dutch nation. Already when I first was subbing in this game as Mr. Bird of the English. The way Paul wiped out the english cities (I was promised something like 6-8 cities for a start, but got only half) and his PG ratings told me: It's now or never.

But the treeheads of the other nations didn't listen! I am sure, that Zaphod did understand (he wrote me) but.....

I can't figure out, why Lung and Don didn't find a melody, they both could be humming on.

Gandhi

Comment

• I guess I can also be open now. I was very happy that you guys never did much against me. I only started to build some defenders when I got tanks and only after Robotics did I get a military that could actually do something against a potential invasion.

Before that, I still had most of my major cities defended only be phalanx and pikemen. Lucky for me, my big lead in the powergraph scared most of you enough to prevent an invasion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saddam
                        Confratulations paul!

Anyway, I wonder why only Birdman attacked you in the end? Did the mighty lung decide to get scared or maybe not
                        I was attacking Paul! It's just that, as usual, i was too far away from anybody to attack anyone! By the time i got to my target, my army was out of date In Paul's case, by the time i got to the Dutch, the game was over

Basically, i played a crap game, because i took up pbem the moment it became available, and was still a crap player. For example, i avoided mountains because they were mostly useless in Civ2, and by the time i learnt my lesson it was too late. I also got stuck on an island with no rivers, so i had no option but to broker a deal with Don to avoid annihilation. By the time i even got a single boat to Paul, he had War Walkers waiting for my triremes! (or was it tanks??)

Anyway, i at least learnt my lesson in Fast pbem, and attacked Paul at the first opportunity I figured it worked so well for him in Monkey2, that he would have his cities in Fast pbem relatively undefended.

I finally learn CTP, only to have to learn all over again when Civ3 comes out! Still, it will be lots of fun learning

Too good, Paul

Comment

• Congratulations to Paul on the win, nice playing. I would like to thank everybody else that participated in this game. I too learned alot from this game and will take what I learned to future games. Maybe I will see you all in the future, hopefully the Civ PBEM continues to thrive with Civ 3. If not I will still play CTP pbem as I think its a great multiplayer game.

Comment

• Hear, hear!

I look forward to playing you all in Civ3 pbem, as i think i've started my last CTP pbem game (Lungmatch tournament excepted ), unless of course Firaxis stuffs it up, in which case i'll be sticking to CTP.

At least with Civ3 i'll learn the game a bit before embarking on a pbem game and playing like crap for the first 100 turns

Comment

Working...
                            X