Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by quinns on 03-17-2001 09:15 PM
    If you are not familiar with the rating system, please refer to the first post of this thread. There are links to explanation of the rating system there.

I am familiar thanks quinns I just didn't read it properly

So please can I be added at King level?

Comment

*** Ratings Updated ***

And back to Klair.... Congratulations to you Klair for taking over first place again! (even though you NEVER respond to any congratulations... ) Seesaw battle between Klair and Mobius.

Comment

Steve, please add Lungmatch 2.1 to the list of rated games

Currently, we are at turn 66, and the current rankings according to the powergraph are;-

1st - Don (Romans)
        2nd - Lung (Australians)
        3rd - Arthur (Native Americans)

This is close game, so expect constant changes!

Comment

Quinns,
          When you next update, please start a new thread. This is more than a month old already.

------------------
          Solver - http://www.aok.20m.com
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Yes SIR mister Solver!

Comment

Isn't it just time to trouble MarkG with topping the new thread, I thought . And the thing with 2 pages gets annoying somehow.
              And, in my Netscape, the table again looks weird, despite the Courier font. I've checked the HTML yesterday.
              And when the hell will I remember the four digits in your email address. My memory is all right, but digits is something I can't remember. Took me even long to memorize my ICQ number.
              And also, Quinns, if you congratulate Klair, you should also send congrats to me, for I am the first one in the AC PBEM Ladder table .
              I have also sent a request for being rated to Lungmatch 2.2, and I expect to get the reply soon, so then I should post here. Only three players as well.

------------------

Comment

Lung's Fast PBEM - turn 139:
                Stavros
                BirdMan
                Lung
                Jon
                Paul

Comment

Turn 19 standings for Eagles at War;

1.Maximus (The Birdman)
                  2.Quinns
                  3.Notuncommon
                  4.Krajl
                  5.Krash
                  6.Arthur
                  7.Fraze
                  8.Solver

If anything is wrong with this (The order is right I mean the format, names etc.) please email me at blackicegl@home.com

Thanks

Blackice
                  “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                  Or do we?

Comment

What, I am the last again . Only Lungmatch 2.2 might save me, if I manage to stay in the first position. But then something could go to my sub. Oh god. Quinns, if I go to unrated in Eagles, I get 21 defeat, right?
                    Looks like soon I will take over the last place - Aaginor, enjoy .

Edit:
                    Clarification for you, blackice - you don't need to post what's his name in the game (e.g. Maximus), only his full Apolyton login. Apolyton login is how we rate them.
                    ------------------
                    [This message has been edited by Solver (edited March 22, 2001).]

Comment

Quinns, I have a thought about team games. We rate each player idnividually, just like as we do, but when someone resigns (gets defeated) in a team game, I don't think that each remaining player should defeat him 3 times, only the opposing team should. I just thought it's a bit strange that your ally defeats you still, as, in fact, they are meant to be together, and the result is shared for them.
                      I even think that we need to think out more on team games, as actually this isn't so detailed as with usual Free-for-Alls, that most PBEMs are. What about that?

------------------

Comment

Solver, I think we should leave it as it is. The "team" concept is an arbitrary agreement anyway. It can't be enforced within the game itself. For example, what happens if a team member attacks their partner? Hmmm? I know that they shouldn't, but what happens if they did? Is there some rule stating that the player will be ejected?? No. Credit should be given to the team member that "survived" as well as the other players. I don't see the real benefit from adding this "exception to the rule", (and you know I "hate" exceptions to the rule . It just causes more stuff to argue about and try to explain later to people who don't see it as "fair".)

Comment

I hate them as well. However, I hardly think that allies are allowed to attack each ohter, in the game.

------------------

Comment

Steve, here are the rankings for Lung's Fast pbem at turn 139;-

1. TheBirdman - Romans
                            2. Stavros - Germans
                            3. Lung - Australians
                            4. St Jon - Indians
                            5. Paul - Dutch

Comment

Lung, I already posted turn 139. And you have Stavros and BirdMan in the wrong order. Or did you accidentally post turn 140?

Comment

Monkey 2 - turn 239:
                                Paul
                                (Max Webster)
                                Lung
                                Yeti
                                (Zaphod)
                                (Germans - AI)
                                (English - eliminated)
                                (Greeks - eliminated)

Comment

Working...