No announcement yet.

Love Conquers? Part IV.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh! Great Breaker Morant, please excuse the rough talk. "Antsy" means nervous, I think derived from the "ants in the pants" phrase.

I would be happy to establish a peaceful border with your nation. I think that we've unofficially agreed that you own the mountains to the north and east of your newly founded city, in addition to all the land to the south of this natural border. It makes it quite difficult to describe all this land without a map exchange, though I respect your desired confidentiality.

Comment

Turn 69 ==> Stavros

St Jon,

My special envoy nears his journies end as he crosses over into French territory. He is expected to arrive at Tours and establish an Embassy next turn.

------------------
      Cariad,
      Demosthenes.
      _____
      www.polthought.freeserve.co.uk
      Cariad,
      Demosthenes.
      _____

Comment

Turn to rick

Comment

Turn 69 --> Quinns

The Greek people are happy and prosperous, but the riot bug doth continue...

In an effort to prevent the citizenry from dwelling on this problem, luxurious new cities are being constructed, so that they might have a change of scenary.

Comment

Rick, please send the turn to steve_quinn@power-one.com. In fact, send it there from now on. My home computer doesn't seem reliable any more. (Still in the shop!). Thanks.

Comment

Steve, that's where I did send it (as well as your other address). I'll resend it now, just in case. Please let me know if it didn't (or doesn't) show up.

Comment

I didn't get it Rick. Might be a problem with the mail server here at Power-One, but I kind of doubt it.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Thanks again, Rick. Steve

Comment

well, I just sent it for a third time, so if it doesn't show up, I'd take a look at the Power-one servers!

Comment

Turn 69 to Demosthenes

Comment

Turn 70 to St. Jon. I think Lung is a bit confused
                      Thanks Rick, it finally came through. ---

Incans still struggling for parity in order to compete with the wise productive leaders of this world.

Comment

Turn 70 to Madrid.

An extraordinary surprise greeted the citizens of St Tropez this Turn. A detachment of the Australian Civil Guard had chosen to make an appearance upon their doorsteps and the congregation were sore dismayed that as an emissary a 'Mounted Archer' should have been sent rather than a man of letters. Whilst not the most fearsome of Units one has to question just what it is doing in the French heartland?

All else is quiet in the land of the spiritually pure, save for the ululations of the joyeous repentors upon the 'Horse' or 'Wheel'.

Love unto you All.

St Jon, Faith in a World of Doubt.
                        “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                        - Anon

Comment

I see that the Australians are moving a large contingent of troops directly towards our northernmost city! Be warned - General Lung is not very good at diplomacy

As for the stray Mounted Archer - i was unaware that one was on the loose! He shall be found and ordered to return home. Otherwise he shall be treated as a rogue and dealt with forthwith.
                          [This message has been edited by Lung (edited January 14, 2001).]

Comment

Salutations one and all!

Yes, I have returned from my pilgrimage to Spain and Andorra much refreshed and with much to stock the wine cellars and drinks cabinets of my personal stock (and those of General Lung! )

Indeed so pleased am I to the service of General Lung that I have decided to build an extra wing to the London Stock Exchange dedicated to him, consisting of a distillery/micro brewery floor, a harem and every entertainment General Lung could hope to conceive of... I will be working with him on the plans!

I recognise that good help is hard to come by these days, and comes at a worthy premium...

Now, onto serious matters...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Breaker Morant,

I call upon you to return your troops from whence they came - any further advance will be regarded as an aggressive act of war and will not be tolerated by either myself, or any other civilised nation in this peaceful World of ours!

'Putting your army through it's paces' does not include invasion of another country's borders!

Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS on 01-14-2001 07:20 PM

Indeed so pleased am I to the service of General Lung that I have decided to build an extra wing to the London Stock Exchange dedicated to him, consisting of a distillery/micro brewery floor, a harem and every entertainment General Lung could hope to conceive of... I will be working with him on the plans!
                              Mmmmm....distillery...(drool)...micro-brewery...(drool).....harem....(drool,drool)...

This is the greatest remuneration package ever proposed! Hail Mobius the Mighty!! Hail!!

Sorry, Demosthenes, but it looks like i'm here to stay

Comment

Lung has sent me turn 69 again instead of turn 70, Mobius do you have the correct turn or should I berate your turncoat of a standin

------------------
                                Cariad,
                                Demosthenes.
                                _____
                                Cariad,
                                Demosthenes.
                                _____

Comment

Working...
                                X