Love Conquers? Part IV.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 82 to Madrid.

Beloved Xenophon I meant not to suggest that either you or your people had engaged in any warlike activity for that would leave but France alone as the beacon of peace is this dark and troubled World in which we struggle.

Love unto All,

St Jon, Tenderness amidst Cruelty.
    “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
    - Anon

Comment

• Turn 82 ==> Stavros

St Jon, The Welsh grow tired of your ignorance to our own work for peace, for France is not "alone as the beacon of peace is this dark and troubled World in which we struggle".

Surely the Lord Almighty knows of this, for we pray to him night and day that peace and harmony be restored to this world.

------------------
      Cariad,
      Demosthenes.
      _____
      www.polthought.freeserve.co.uk
      Cariad,
      Demosthenes.
      _____

Comment

• Amen. It appears Inca is not alone in her weariness of St Jon's Holy BABBLE.

Quinns of the Inca

Comment

• Indeed St. Jon this is worrying - are you not my Brother of the Cloth!!?

You too should be on the side of righteous fury and join the Holy Crusade against the Evil Australian Transgressors!!! They are Godless, or worse still - Heretics! They must supplicate themselves before the Lord God and ask for the Lord's mercy, for their naked act of aggression against his Spanish children…

Yet what help do I receive from mine brother? Nothing but a self-righteous crowing from the pulpit! Have you forsaken your family, Brother Jon?

You chide the Welsh, when it is they that have been most active and tireless in the pursuit of peace in this World (a peace that fell on Australia's deaf ears, it has to be noted!). How can you, the self styled Saint of this World stand by when members of your own Lord's flock are dying in this pointless war?

As for your statement:

-"do you seek to suggest that, as one of only two nations not to have engaged in warlike activities, France should give any cause to fear."

Spain still seeks clarity because it was not that long ago that Spain felt she was a nation 'not to have engaged in warlike activities' and therefore that she had no cause to fear - precisely the same position that France herself now espouses…

Finally Spain obviously assumes that one of the non-warlike nations is France herself and the other must be…?

-"Beloved Xenophon I meant not to suggest that either you or your people had engaged in any warlike activity for that would leave but France alone as the beacon of peace is this dark and troubled World in which we struggle."

…Greece!

Are you now suggesting that Wales, the chief peace broker during these troubles, has been engaging in warlike activities? That would indeed be a most serious allegation!!!

What proof does St. Jon have of Wales' warlike endeavours?

Spain hopes that this matter is resolved satisfactorily, as she refuses to believe that her French Brothers and Sisters may not be entirely loyal to the cloth…

CREDO

Tomas de Torquemada

Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Brother Tomas,

I have always pleaded for peace and understanding by all parties involved. Moreover the massacre of innocent civilians is a heinous crime when the victims are Blessed of God, as were the unfortunate members of your flock, though it is of little import when committed heretic upon heretic.

France can do nothing but offer you our prayers for success as she does not have an Army or even a direct border with the evildoers.

As for evidence of Welsh warlike behaviour, thier Chieftan knows well of the action's of his tribesmen. True it is not war but it does represent a restraint of Trade and our World would be better off without savages plundering the gold of other's, even if the current victims be heretic dogs.

Love unto All.
            St Jon, Gentleness in a Harsh World.
            “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
            - Anon

Comment

• Turn 82 ---> Quinns

'Tis so hard to keep the citizenry from these spontaneous uprisings. Perhaps it is sheer exuberance that drives them to party in the bonfire-lit streets until dawn!

While Athens has no desire to seem a wet blanket, we will do all we can to prevent further destructive revelry!

Xenophon

Comment

• Turn 83 to St Jon ---

Perhaps the revelers need a good talking to, noble Xenophon. Perhaps... a bit more.

Comment

• Turn Sent (I wish I had time for RP, but I dont )

Comment

• Turn 83 ==> Stavros

It seems that I am the culprit for the pause in gameplay, I apologise. I didn't realise that I had recieved the turn.

------------------
                    Cariad,
                    Demosthenes.
                    _____
                    Cariad,
                    Demosthenes.
                    _____

Comment

• Guys, I've recieved turn 84 from Mobius, but something isn't quite right. Alot of my units are in the same positions as they were last turn, despite my moving them, and the game is displaying ghost units (where the units appear in the wrong place, but their origin of movement is from the right place).

My other PBEM games are unaffected, but could this be the next stage of evolution for the dreaded riot bug?!

I know that I'm not hallucinating, I am well aware of the positions my units should be in, but it is as if I didn't play my last turn, and yet the turn has been around, for Australia has expelled a unit which they hadn't done last turn.

All opinions are welcome.

Unfortunately we've been hit with a flu bug at work and I'm having to work all day everyday until Monday, and so I may not be able to play my turns over the weekend. I will definitely check my mail tonight about midnight, but Saturday and Sunday cannot be guaranteed.

------------------
                      Cariad,
                      Demosthenes.
                      _____
                      Cariad,
                      Demosthenes.
                      _____

Comment

• Demosthenes,

We are not using this thread any longer. I think you were "nexted" the last turn and that would account for your units in the same place. Please refer to the new thread LC part 5. This may have contributed to the confusion as well.

This thread is closed.

(Sorry to here about your flu bug and extra work.)

Comment

Working...
                        X