No announcement yet.

Love Conquers? Part IV.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm happy to see that Spain has dismantled it's road into Australian teritory, as it was an affront to our security. I will be keeping a military presence at our border, to see that is is respected.

On to happier events, Australia is delighted at the events precipitating up north (depending where you sit on our doughnut).

It seems that the Incans have replaced the Spanish as the worthy opponents I was hoping to find.

From the dust on the road, it seems they have mobilised every dairy maid and seamstress in their nation (well they walk that way anyway). Indeed there is a veritable gaggle of them converging on one of my settlement towns to the north...

Let the games begin

Breaker Morant
    "Shoot straight you bastards"

Comment

• LOL! Out of Turn ---

Which is worse... the milk maids or the Musketeers who run from the milk maids?? Watch out General Morant, there's a bunch of milk maids a comin'!!

Comment

• Turn 76 --> Quinns

Quiet times in Greece. Our people work hard to make a better life for their children...

Xenophon

Comment

• Turn 77 to St Jon ---

All quiet in Northern Australia also... I only see a wounded Aussie Ship-of-the-Line on the water with a heavy starboard list -- "Would you like me to throw you a line captain?".

Quinns of the Inca

Comment

• I will be away from Thursday until Sunday. I would normally ask Lung to sub for me, but it appears that his loyalty has been bought off with beer!!

I have no other subs in mind, however, let me know if you do.

------------------
            Cariad,
            Demosthenes.
            _____
            www.polthought.freeserve.co.uk
            Cariad,
            Demosthenes.
            _____

Comment

• Turn 77 to Madrid

Brothers and Sisters,

It has been reported to me by my reconaissance missionaries that Australian military units are holding station well outside the confines of their lands and within striking distance of the Holy Land.

Given the violent history of this nation my congregation are sore afraid and only the despatch of extra Salvation Army troops has calmed them enough to remain. I suggest that a nation currently involved in two wars would do well not to provoke a third with such displays of force.

As all know, I am a man of peace but I cannot permit my congregation to be subjected to this level of intimidation. I can only hope that these 'outbackers' became lost and forgot that their way home lies due North. They will remember this Turn will they not!

Demosthenes, my child, has your Diplomat also become lost or is he determined to be a nuisance? Either way he will depart rapidly!

With Love, As Ever.
              St Jon, Tranquility admidst Turmoil.
              “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
              - Anon

Comment

• O' Mighty Demosthenes,

It appears that my contract with Tomas De Torquemada has ended, alas before i could smite the heathen Australians However, this means that i am once again free to serve you, O' Mighty One I was very happy with my remuneration from the honourable Spanish, hence i departed very much on amicable terms, so it is hoped that instead of copious amounts of beer, perhaps a case of fine old scotch could be profferred for my services?

Comment

• Aye yie yie ... Lung the old drunk mercenary is back. Welcome back Lung! How many bottles of scotch did you toss down this morning?

Comment

• Hah! The cowardly Australians have turned tail and are running away like the foul cravenly curs that they are!

Still, none attacks and despoils the sovereign territory of Spain without first feeling the terrible justice of the Grand Inquisition!

Prepare for the worst Australian Heretic!
                    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• I'll see if I can get a European Sub, for Turn flow, we don't want any of that antipodean nonsense anyway do we!

Shouldn't be too much of a problem for a few days.
                      “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                      - Anon

Comment

• Turn 77 ==> Stavros

Any idea's on the sub front noble one? Sorry to be a nuisance.

------------------
                        Cariad,
                        Demosthenes.
                        _____
                        Cariad,
                        Demosthenes.
                        _____

Comment

• Turn -> rick....

Comment

• Turn 77 --> Quinns

As a silence engulfs the world, we wonder if pehaps peace has returned. Not the sound of a single musket-shot has been heard by any in Greece...

Comment

• Turn 78 to St Jon ---

Listen harder Xenophon, for across the great bay that seperates Greece from Royal Park, the sound of Incan pistols gunning down poor Phalanx and Archer units, can be heard.

And if you listen real close... that's the cheers of the freed slaves running from the liberated city of Brisbane. Though the Australians put up a good fight, they were no match for the Incan dairy maids!

Quinns of the Inca

Comment

• If it just for the next 3 days, I can "sub" for Demos.

Bird
                                First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                                X