No announcement yet.

Call to Power Democracy Game FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the maximum turn rate (in the beginning) is to give joining players time to join a game that is still developing.
    Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
    O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

Basically just sounds like a team game though
      If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

in which way where a 'real' democracy game wouldnt ?

Comment

Well there is just one civ ruled by the democracy community, not multiple. The community confirs how to play the game through elaborate machinations of govenment.

Comment

well, we could also make the other civs AIs or single player civs. however the former would make it too easy for the demo civ, the latter maybe too difficult.
            also it would be a good quickstart. as long as the demo civ hasnt got enough players it can be run as a triumvirate civ.
            but yes, i actually assumed more than one civ were demo civs. i think it would be the most desirable solution to have several demo civs, but i see that it is also the least likely. however, a few triumvirate civs, one being built up to a demo civ could be an option i think.

Comment

Trying to give the AI a great start, 9 settlers vs our 2-4 and 500,000 gold vs our 100-10,000. This would certainly help to make the AI more challenging in the beginning. How it will effect their later game play I do not know.
              So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

well, before we do that, i would rather have all other civs be 1-player human civs. still, if we can get enough players, i think a couple of 3-player triumvirate civs and one democracy civ with 20+ players would be nice, wouldnt it ?
                just to feel the political 'dispute' in those other civs too.

Comment

The civ run by the committee would lose every time against several singly run human cities.

Comment

Originally posted by checkMate
                    The civ run by the committee would lose every time against several singly run human cities.
                    Why do you say that?

I am interested....
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Because the committee never chooses the optimal strategy, rather they choose a strategy by consensus.

This has been shown many times. In Russia they often play chess games. Some master plays against the entire population of the country who vote on the moves of oneside of the chess game. The populace is a poor chess player indeed even though there are many strong chess masters in Russia.

Comment

but CTP is a multiplayer game. how do you know the other human civs would not fight each other ?

besides, the triumvirate system i proposed could be designed in a way that would cause the player in power to act more in the interest of keeping his power instead of beating the democracy civ.

Comment

I think that the other civs would be there only to kill the democracy civ. After we are done then yeah they may fight. But basically you would have them at our throat. That was certainly the despot's Birdman and Quinns intention in the last Demo game. In fact I think other despots were lining up as well Flame Flash to name one.

Comment

What about multiple democracy civs?
                            So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

I think that the other civs would be there only to kill the democracy civ. After we are done then yeah they may fight. But basically you would have them at our throat. That was certainly the despot's Birdman and Quinns intention in the last Demo game.
                              thats where the triumvirate system comes in (or whatever you want to call an inner-civ fight for power). but then again, might just overread it for the third time.

Originally posted by Nimrod
                              What about multiple democracy civs?
                              that would be the ideal. but unless we find a hell of a lot of players, we would need players that are part of more than 1 civ, which causes interest conflicts (in more than one meaning ).

Comment

Because the committee never chooses the optimal strategy, rather they choose a strategy by consensus.

This has been shown many times. In Russia they often play chess games. Some master plays against the entire population of the country who vote on the moves of oneside of the chess game. The populace is a poor chess player indeed even though there are many strong chess masters in Russia.
                                But surely in a DG the experts will present some of the best options, and if they are correctly explained they get voted for. If ideas are posted that have flaws, they are pointed out or worked out. Assuming we have a poster or three in the DG faction(s) who know what they are on about we shouldn't need to consider the team(s) lesser at all. Indeed, in other team DGs (particularly the Intersite ones where we fight for Poly pride) the extra people involved in a team are a big bonus - they can test extensively and compile any important information that a single person could not hope to do.
                                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                                X