This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it is. This is from AC...

Greatings Diplomatic Banana, Impaler[WrG] seeks admitence to you conference chambers

We are most pleased that your people put such trust in us, we will strive to bring the blessings of the one
    to all the people of....you know we realy do need to name this continent, do you have any sugjestions?

Ok back to the matter at hand, after considering the continents overall tech position AC has desided to
    go for Alphabet as its next tech. AC can reach it first and this will get the trades rolling ASAP. To do
    this we will be deviating away from our planned course of Fishing and Sailing so we were hoping
    Banana could research these for us with the intent to trade them for IronWorking. Ofcorse we realize
    that you have no uses for these techs yourself and if this is a deal-breaker we have an alternative which
    is for you to go for Monarchy which in anycase would be the best follow-up to fishing/sailing. I belive
    your current research is Writing and its close to done? AC expects to have Alphabet done in around
    20 turns.
    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

• My reply to AC...

Impaler, honored messenger of the Yang,
      You are always welcome in our chambers.

I will send an updated list of techs and current research next time we get the save.

Going for Alphabet next is wise indeed. Team Banana looks forward to the day when our nations can actually make these much discussed trades. We appreciate the sacrifice you are making by deviating from Fishing and Sailing. The path you proposed is being discussed but I am sure that Team Banana could make use of these technologies (Sailing and Fishing) in our protection and exploration of this land we call Musaceae Nostrum.

Team Banana humbly suggests you reconsider the trade of Iron Working for Fishing and Sailing. Instead, please consider the original intent of our proposal. Once trade of technologies is open to our nations all three nations (Banana, AC, & GS) freely gift technologies to eachother so that we all have the same technologies at the start. When Fishing is discovered we gift it to you. When you discover Metal Casting you gift it to us. When we discover Sailing or how to split an atom we will gift it to you. Please do not look at this agreement as trades of equal items in the short term but rather an open, free, and ultimately equitable exchange of technologies for all the peoples of Musaceae Nostrum.

GS mentioned this is the topic of much discussion. Do you have any insight into how they are leaning. Team Banana hopes to include GS in this agreement as well. I did not copy GS because you did not & I do not want to breech confidence if any was intended. Feel free to share these thoughts with GS while finalizing the agreement.

Eternal Friends,
      -The Diplomatic Banana

We really should send an updated list of techs that we have and what is being researched.

How do you feel about us waiting on Iron Working and going towards Fishing and Sailing? It is a risk on our part but we need to start somewhere. We really need a friend in this world yet I'd hate to leave our nation open to attack with out Iron Working. I am torn but leaning towards trust of AC.
      Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

• working on the map and tech list shortly

give me an hour or two (other pressing issues)
        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• to AC & GS...

My friends of the Gathering Storm & Alpha Centuri,

Here is the promised list of Team Banana's current technologies. As you see we need to come to a decision soon. Team Banana wants this open tech agreement but time is pushing us to make a decision on what to study next. Some agrue that we cannot neglect defense waiting for this agreement to be signed and begun - they argue for Iron Working next. Others argue that this would be redundant at best since Iron Working is discovered and harmful to the agreement at worst. We have sent our wisest to the mountain to smoke banana peels as is our way. Hopefully the Great Banana will give us a sign.

Would an exchange of screenshots and maps help? Gathering Storm, In which direction should we lay our roads so that trade can begin between our nations?

Wheel
          Agriculture
          Mysticism
          Mining
          Animal Husbandry
          Meditation
          Priesthood
          Bronze Working

Pottery in 1 turn

Peace,
          The Diplomatic Banana

Comment

• To AC only...

To our first friends,
            To our eternal friends,
            To the followers of Yang,
            To the Alpha Centurians,

Please accept this gift, a map of Musaceae Nostrum as we know it. You have always been open and sharing with the people of The Great Banana. We are excited that our nations' cities are so close. Trade should be able to begin very soon! Oh The Great Banana whose name dare not be uttered has blessed our nations!

Peace to you,
            The Diplomatic Banana

They recently sent a screenie. I only thought it was fair.
            Attached Files

Comment

• AC sent a reply. They want to trade techs but I believe the Open Tech Agreement is dead. What can the give us so we do not start on the study of Iron Working?

Thankyou my friend Impaler[WrG] greets you warmly and begs your forgivness for he must speek harshly,

Centauri can not accept the kind of tech exchanging you desire, in which each side simply gifts all their tech to the other no questions asked. This would simply be too lopsided of an exchange at the present time and it would dis-incentive both sides from research in general. Centauri reiterates its firm determination to trade on a mutually beneficial quid-pro-quo basis. Given our strong tech rate and the trust placed in us as the Tech arbitrator we will relax our earlier desire to trade beaker for beaker, our offers will generally reslt in AC giving away more beakers then it receives. We strongly urge team Banana to not duplicate existing Centauri technologies as this will result in reduced trade possibilities, without something of value to trade team Banana can not expect to receive anything from us. Currently Banana possess two techs that Centauri dose not, Meditation which is of zero practical value and Priesthood which is of value only so long as the Oracle is not built, which it likely will be before we can trade. Clearly Bananas needs to strengthen its portfolio of trad able techs. Centauri feels that the following tenative trade would be most generous on its part, (Iron Working and Writing for Meditation, Fishing and Sailing) to be followed the next turn with (Priesthood for Archery). Banana would receive a full 144 beakers more then it gives (399 vs 542) and could increase its tech rate with a library along with receiving the key defense techs it wants faster then it could research them on its own, but all of this is conditional on team Banana directing its research towards the key techs that Centauri wants namely Fishing and Sailing. If my team approves fully (its still under discussion along with a similarly generous offer to Storm) a binding treaty could be signed in a reasonable time frame.

We thank you for the latest map you have sent us though it dose not reveal much we did not know, do you desire a copy of our map all be it shows roughly the same area? We have not yet traded maps with Storm nor reached their territory, have you yourselves made any progress in that regard. Also did you receive the map of Iron resources we sent some time ago?

Personaly I would recomend connecting your southern city with your capitol as the first step to connectin to Storm via road as they are south of that point, I would recomend you contact them directly.

I be live another chat is in order soon but not this weekend, it is too short notice for one and Centauri continues to formulate and ratify its proposals. I think next weekend is more conducive, how dose your schedule look that weekend, what days and times are best and would an early afternoon meeting be viable so that Centauri's many European members could attend.

Comment

• my quick reply to AC...

Impaler of Alpha Centuri,
                We respect your straight forward tone. No offense is taken and you do not need to ask forgiveness for being direct and honest.

Team Banana is interested in tech trades with your nation. We will discuss this latest offer.

We sent the map because you recently sent the map with the iron resources and we wish to keep an open relationship with your people.

Road building is a priority of ours. Thank you for the suggestion.

A chat is in order but a quick check of your REAL WORLD calander will remind you that is the weekend before Christmas. I will see what I can do.

I have not seen or heard from GS. We have no GS maps to share.

I will contact you soon with a response to the tech trades.

Peace my friends,
                -The Diplomatic Banana

Comment

• try this tech trade first, if all works out...
                  Iron Working and Writing for Meditation, Fishing and Sailing

then go foward with more ??

Comment

• I sent the following to AC & GS. Come on we have to be close here!

Tech Trade Treaty (3T)

Hail friends,

We are very pleased that there is so much interest in the equitable exchange of techs and the building of our nations friendship. NYE of Gathering Storm sent us tenative terms for an ongoing trade deal among our three nations: Alpha Centuri, Gathering Storm, & Team Banana. These are as follows:

1. technology would be exchanged among the three teams on an even exchange basis
                    2. each of the three civs agrees not to retrade any technology acquired in trade from one of the three
                    3. trades arranged are kept even if a tech to be traded for is acquired by other means
                    4. each of the three teams agrees to an embargo on the team known as XXXXXXXX. Technology will never be traded with XXXXXXXX and borders with them will remain closed forever.

I blocked out XXXXXXXX because I am not sure if AC knows of who we speak.

Team Banana has the following minor suggested changes:
                    1. Technology trades will be based on beakers with equality being the goal.
                    2. each of the three civs agrees not to retrade any technology to a non-member party acquired in trade from one of the three; without prior agreement of all three member nations.
                    3. trades arranged are kept even if a tech to be traded for is acquired by other means
                    4. each of the three teams agrees to an embargo on the team known as XXXXXXXX. Technology will never be traded with XXXXXXXX and borders with them will remain closed forever.
                    5. tech trade arragements among member nations will be common knowledge to member nations - ie. when a trade deal is finalized all 3 members will be notified even if only 2 parties are involved in the trade.

We three neighbors are forming the basis for a long term bond. We should not use the fruits of this friendship to strengthen other nations or for short term gains of of own.

Alpha Centuri recently offered Team Banana an exchange of (Iron Working and Writing for Meditation, Fishing and Sailing) to be followed the next turn with (Priesthood for Archery).

Knowing that we can come to some terms for the Tech Trade Treaty. Our friends the Alpha Centurians can consider this a deal.

Gathering Storm, I am sure that as soon as we come to terms, we can stike a deal to get you Animal Husbandry. The Wise men of The Great Banana (whose name dare not be uttered) are looking into options now.

Our three nations are so close to terms for the foundation of this Tech Trade Treaty that it is safe to say that we just need to dot the "i's" and cross the "t's".

These are great days!
                    The Diplomatic Banana

I went ahead and agreed to the Priesthood for Archery as well. Let's just get this done.

Comment

• See the GS thread for GS' reply and my answer to it. It was sent to GS and AC.

Comment

• shall these two threads be merged ?

Comment

• I will post future 3T email in the ABCS thread. That should keep our tech stuff together.

Good idea.

Comment

• See ABCS thread...

Comment

• An excerpt from the latest AC email. Full text found in 3T thread.

...The trade route
                              Our current workforce has been given an other important task, so our progress on roading towards you is temporarily stalled. However, we are set on teaching the advanced knowledge and all little tricks about roading to some of our brightest children. Please be assured this road is still a high priority for us. We plan to extend our road up to the river around 800 BC. What's your progress on this item? Are your two cities linked over water or are your workers building a road between them?

Vox
                              What do you think about GS asking both of us not to help Vox? From our communcitation with Vox, it seems they really are in a hopeless situation if left alone, but they are not dead yet. We think we should at least encourage them to stay in the game and put up as good a defense as possible. Not helping them in-game, but atleast support them emotionally. The available area south of the isthmus is bigger and more resourcefull than our northern part. If Vox is easily defeated, GS will become as powerful as our 2 teams combined. It is ofcourse always a good thing if a member of the 3-team-friendship is strong, but do you think it would be a healthy situation? Please also note that GS is currently b-lining very strongly towards elephants and catapult...

Comment

• We have not started the road, have we?

Interesting omment on GS & Vox. We need to play this close to the vest (I think). Vox reported that GS and AC were chatting before AC sent this. Are they testing the waters to see where we stand?

I have no doubt that GS means to march on us later with Elephants and Cats but we need to buy some time. We can't risk angering GS now.

Comment

Working...
                                X