No announcement yet.

Planetary Datalinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm.. do we know the longitude? IIRC there's no way to move the entire map, so making one now and getting it wrong would be unwoo...
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Your original plan called for GS researching fuedalism. Because of differing tech costs we could have gotten the music plan in roughly the same time frame they got fuedalism.
      The costs differ the other way around. Music + Drama ~= 1300b, Feudalism = 1001b.

We don't know the longitude for sure, but we will soon be able to exactly measure how far from the north pole we are - as soon as the scout reaches north of the tundra and sees where ice begins.
      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

The map i put together is reasonably accurate north\south. I genned some maps to see how the map made the poles and compared our continent size to a standard sized world. All that needs to be done is shift my continent south\north 2-5 tiles when we have that data.

The east\west can be estimated by looking at continent shape. More later.
        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

(it ain't easy, I tried it myself and wasted a couple of hours)
          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Here is another thing that can be estimated-continents maps always seem to have a big jungle zone, but our jungle zone is undersized. (sample size 30ish maps) So i would hazard a guess that the other continent is in the middle, relatively wide, and with its smaller size possibly not touching the pole regions.

Due to our continents axis shape and its straight up\down angle(the map gen likes to avoid the side area by about 10 degrees), i think the map edge is to the right, and the other continent to the left. Also they should be between 10-20 tiles of ocean between us(30-40 total for both oceans, minimum about 10)

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

You think so much tiles? That's pretty much of open sea.

Comment

Its a consistent feature of continents.

Draw an image 3/4 the size of our continent and impose it on the fog. It leaves a vast tract of ocean. And cIV LOVES ocean.

Comment

Working...
                X