No announcement yet.

Planetary Datalinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, he's talking about upkeeping big empires.

Anyways, ASAP in this case is as soon as we get Feudalism and I hope with reactivated diplomacy we could be able to get GS to do it for us, if we have GM and pop CS with it, or let them research CS (which they will without doubt, unless we say we already have it as with GM case) and meanwhile do Optics->Feudalism then proceeding to Banking.
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

That your econ is huge and expansion done by the time of Banking means either or both:
      - you've been doing too little expansion
      - you've been skipping Banking for until it's no longer possible to do so (when you realize someone else is gonna get Economy and the free GM before you).

-- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Not even hardly Contradiction;how could the econ be huge with little expansion? Nope, the whole basis of my strategy is massive expansion utilizing cottages, and i dont delay getting banking by any means, although deviating from the biology beeline or whatever line just for banking would be a little silly

Ive been finding the biology line killer lately, getting to supercities long before the ai chooses to and rolling over them with cannons and grenadiers the emperor AI could get biology first but it chooses to go north on the tech tree
        Last edited by Kataphraktoi; October 8, 2007, 17:52.
        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Well, you mentioned your economy was huge as of not needing banks or other economy improvements, so I was thinking you're referring to a situation where you're running more than REX/conquest science allocation of 10-30%.

You work biology b-line in vanilla or BtS?

Err, why did you remove your question, we'd get some neutral opinion on that.

Comment

removing it looks worse than asking.

Comment

Whatever, it was up for a moment. I realized thats not what blake was saying, so im not asking something unrelated.

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

You work biology b-line in vanilla or BtS?
                I started using it in BtS, although unless something was changed should work in vanilla, i guess. In warlords\vanilla i had been beelining for one of or combo of printing press\free religion\democracy\military tradition

Comment

No, your post was completely in line with the thread and what Blake was saying.
                  The thread was about financing large empires and Blake was saying that after Currency and CoL, Banking is the next best tech to go for, whereas you were asking about extra religions being easier to get than Banking.

Comment

I already showed you in the strategic planning thread that getting banking and the extra religions in this particular situation is INdependent of each other. The real question is do we want extra religion or things like optics.

BTW i have a world map being made, when we get calender i can get a more accurate north\side heading and also i have an estimate of the other continent being figured out based on how the mapgen works
                    I can tell you one thing, there is no way the other continent is just beyond those islands. Maybe there is coastal link, but im pretty sure it will require caravel+

What would be handy is a tool to extract our known map and place it on a blank canvas. I have a continent with the same dimensions as ours, but replicating it entirely is =

Comment

Was my thinking too, on caravel.

I disagree on independence
                      We can't have half of the tech tree in reasonable time.

Comment

I'll work on replicating the map over the weekend maybe.
                        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Comment

Yeah, good luck with that X_X

Comment

We can't have half of the tech tree in reasonable time.
                              Your original plan called for GS researching fuedalism. Because of differing tech costs we could have gotten the music plan in roughly the same time frame they got fuedalism.

Comment

See, now is when my big mouth bites me in the ass x_x

Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                                X