No announcement yet.

1000 Bc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've heard somewhere that the last 20% of GPP have a greater incidence on the actual outcome than the first 80%, so the actual percentages displayed are off if the point types were uneven...
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I agree with settling fish+wheat site next. We should follow up with the plains hill rice + silk site when we can spare the workers to farm the rice, get a lighthouse on both and get them to work food + coastal tiles to gather up the tons of commerce we'll need after the war...
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I've heard somewhere that the last 20% of GPP have a greater incidence on the actual outcome than the first 80%, so the actual percentages displayed are off if the point types were uneven...
        It seems so, but how do you know which ones are the last percents

Also, is there a reason why Xian didn't switch from the grass forest to the (unmined) iron? It would still have grown, and it'd have completed the forge as well.
        Ech, you see, you should have come in earlier!
        I didn't even think of it..

I agree with settling fish+wheat site next. We should follow up with the plains hill rice + silk site when we can spare the workers to farm the rice, get a lighthouse on both and get them to work food + coastal tiles to gather up the tons of commerce we'll need after the war...
        Xian will be out of orders in short time, we should build Barracks there.
        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Barracks

Last percents: when the GPP bar is, say, 180/200 done, you add massively GPP of the kind you want.
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Sounds like a placebo effect. Got any tests to back it up?
            "Cutlery confused Stalin"
            -BBC news

Comment

Dose a Granary in Xian present us with any advantages at this point? I don't believe the growth rate is very high their but their are hills nearby that could bring in yet more hammers if we had the pop.
              Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

If we're going to make chukos in 5 turns, granary is useless.
                In fact it's useless if we use the iron mine now, as food surplus comes down to 1 then.
                I'd say, finish Oracle (Machinery), output chukos and then maybe.
                -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

What's our response to the inevitable questions when we get collossus, oracle and pyramids and our power graph starts spiking? Tell everyone we're planning a trip to the islands south of us? (probably true)

Comment

We like wonders
                    Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

It's only logical that every temporary advantage should be turned into permanent one, besides, we're the wonder builders by leader traits.

I see one faction being pissed of about our grabbing or Oracle/Pyramids and Judaism (if we manage of course) - Bananas, because I suspect they're building either of the named wonders and could also be researching Monotheism atm.
                      Not that we really care about their opinion..
                      And if they take Judaism, we just take em!

No one else is really thinking about Colossus now as they don't have MC and MC is expensive.

Comment

I meant, we're about to go from reasonably impressive tech leader (but behind on commerce) to a scary, mighty powerhouse of tech and wonders, with a lot of very powerful units for this stage of the game.

The others are going to be scared (or scared and annoyed), so I think it might help to plan how we're going to calm them down, or work out a way of exploiting their brief panic.

Comment

Ok, I get your point now.

The (most) possible reactions of our closest neighbors:

Vox: Yeah, come down here, rescue us!
                          Banana: Uuuh, they're only getting bigger - let us try to build faster and align more with GS.
                          GS: Damn, we really shouldn't trade them Construction!

In other words, after getting big and powerful we should use our chukos to establish our dominion on continent.
                          We should also research Construction once it's clear GS wont trade it to us.

Comment

Time to be like a Lawyer and delay, delay, delay.
                            You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
                            There is a reason for everything.

Comment

Who cares what the other civs think of us? The nanas are doomed, Vox is impotent, and GS alone is pretty far away to do anything for a while. The civs on the other continent could try to team up, but I don't see it holding, and even if it does, being defeated by a 3-civ team is quite a compliment.
                              "Cutlery confused Stalin"
                              -BBC news

Comment

There won't be any teaming up on other continent at least for military matters - Horde should be dead soon and Mercs' constitution prohibits aggression.

Sarantiums' mindset aint really aggressive too, nor are their traits tuned for war.

Comment

Working...
                                X