X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gathering Storm Embassy

Hello to Chairman Yang and his people

After meeting your scout, Lurking Lion, we of Gathering Storm wish to extend greetings to you.

I am our Minister of Foreign Affairs. Please feel free to contact me here at GMail or at notyoueither@hotmail.com for chat.

Regards
    nye
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Trade techs with them in preference to the Bananas, try and arrange it so they won't have anything to trade with each other.

Kill the bananas.

A couple of turns after initiating the war, indicate to GS we have chucks and offer them the southern banana cities. (They'll have to capture them with their own force)

Short version: Isolate bananas, assess GS as a possible future ally.

Comment

I like your plan Senethro, except giving the Banana cities to them

We should be careful about trading tech agreement though - the Bananas could get informed that we've signed a similar agreement with GS.
      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

I'm not saying /give/ the cities to them. I'm suggesting we invite them to take part in the festivities.

Speak softly, and carry a big cho-ko-nu.

Comment

Indeed. And that way we could win over their support. But I propose we don't tell them until, at the earliest, one turn before the nanas see our stack. (How is the turn order, btw?)

We might want to try to arrange a 3-way tech deal, only to negotiate with the GS on the side to underdeal the nanas for the last couple of techs. If they are south of the nanas, the most likely point, then it's best for both of us that they are weaker, since we'd both gain from this.
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Lets start with the basics, sugjesting a map exchange and if they themselves have made any other contacts. I'd like to figure out what the extent of this continent is. Then move into tech discussion and general outlook on the game (are they builder or momentum?)

What do we feel we can reveal to them now? As it sounds like were generaly Pro-Storm I'd assume we can share any information we have already shared with Banana.

Lets see if we can do some analysis on their likly Tech position.
            Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

I've sent them the following, rather non-comital message asking them to express their feelings on several issues. I think we need to work quickly here to build up a relationship before our desisive Go/No Go desision on the war. We dont want Banans to have an edge in currying favor with them

A thousand blessings upon you and your progeny NotyouEither *bows*

I am know as Impaler[WrG] and serve the One Yang as chief Diplomate of the Royal court
              Our prefered method of comunication is through this G-mail account, my prefered chat is IRC

Our people have been in friendly contact with the ones know as Bananas for ages and it
              was they who spoke of meeting a third tribe to the south. We hope that in the coming
              years we can develop fruitfull relations with GatheringStorm as well.

Their are many matters to be discussed, might you express your feelings on some
              of the following issues our people are interested in.. Map-exchanges, Territorial border treaties,
              establishment of traderoutes either by land or by sea, Technological-exchanges
              and 3-way Chat with Bananas.

But now my other dutes call so I must say farwell honorable Minister NotyouEither,
              Signed Impaler[WrG] humble servant of the One Yang
              Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

The score analysis by PJayTycy GS is currently one of the runts behind in both Tech and population and have not yet founded their second city. Lets begin speculating on what they currently have in terms of Tech/Infastructure/Units based on the score data. Here is a resent copy.

====== : 0006 : +006 : tech discovered : 1 tech : mining
                ====== : 0013 : +007 : tech discovered : 2 tech : the wheel
                ====== : ---- : ---- : 1 warrior
                3960 BC : 0039 : +026 : capital founded (+ 1 pop, + 1 wonder)
                3720 BC : 0045 : +006 : tech discovered : 3 tech : ? (? in 6 turns)
                3680 BC : 0051 : +006 : population growth : 2 pop (22 in 7 turns)
                3440 BC : 0057 : +006 : population growth : 3 pop (24 in 6 turns)
                3160 BC : 0064 : +007 : tech discovered : 4 tech : ? (? in 14 turns)
                ====== : 0080 : +016 : land ownership : 9 land (+9)
                3000 BC : 0103 : +023 : land ownership : 21 land (+12 : 10 culture in 5 turns = 2.0 / turn)
                2920 BC : 0110 : +007 : tech discovered : 5 tech : ? (? in 6 turns)
                2480 BC : 0116 : +006 : population growth : 4 pop (26 in 24 turns)
                2440 BC : 0122 : +006 : tech discovered : 6 tech : ? (? in 12 turns)
                2240 BC : 0128 : +006 : population growth : 5 pop (28 in 6 turns)
                2160 BC : 0135 : +007 : tech discovered : 7 tech : ? (? in 7 turns)
                1880 BC : 0142 : +007 : tech discovered : 8 tech : ? (? in 7 turns)

3960: Like us they spent one turn moving from their start location, unlike us this dose not seem to be paying off for them.
                3720: Their first tech must be a goody pop its so soon, could be any cheap early tech like hunting or fishing
                3680: They deside not to build a Worker and instead grow, the growth rate indicates they must have access to a 3 food tile, likly a flood plains or food bonus.
                3440: Another pop again fueled by working a second 3 food tile
                3160: Tech in 14 turns, almos ashuredly Bronze working for a painless switch to slavery
                3000: Border expantion, their not coastal and havent had any culture bosting improvments, their production prior to this point was likly a warrior or barracks
                2920: Tech, I'm guessing Pottery because of what happens next
                2480: Pop growth but slow so they must have made a worker, assuming they are working 2 unimproved floodplains and a third tile that contributes a generous 2 food 2 production to the Worker and the worker was started imediatly after the last pop growth the earliest they could have had the worker was about 10 turns after the last growth. In that time the worker certanly put cottages down which should just be hitting Hamlet at this point.
                2440: A 12 turn tech and their rate should be higher now so this is likly a higher level tech Writing is my guess
                2240: a smaller tech, possibly Animal Husbandry
                2160: another small tech, could be lots of things
                1880: again a quick tech could be lots of things

Future: They are either working on a Wonder (unlikly) or preparing a Settler which should be founding a new city very shortly. Theirs no sign of then researching archery yet as they probably found Copper and desided to use Axmen. But they could access it quickly, fortunatly Skirmishers are highly defensive so their not a significant direct military threat in the near future. Their tech rate has been slow because of thei (in my opinion) poor choice not to build a worker sooner. But they are now picking up and have the long term potential to rival us technologicaly or partner with us for Tech superiority. Without access to a religion their Spirituality trait is not doing much for them other then sparing them 1 turn of anarchy.

Comment

Really? Not alliance material then?

Well, perhaps after we've dealt with the bananas there will be someone south of GS we can cooperate with. I do think it important that we don't set ourselves up as the Big Bad that everyone else tries to knock down.

Comment

Impaler, once we have the next turn, the graphs for GS will tell us lots more info. We'll see their gold/food/hammer production through the ages and jumps in the powergraph will give more info about which techs they researched.
                    no sig

Comment

Yeah.

Also, take a look at their team list.. I'm not much into the Civ4 section, but the likes of Blake are in their team, so I doubt that their 'slow' start was anything but intentional. Maybe they plan to rush someone?
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Its very doubtfull their going to Rush, Mali is a defensive Builder oriented Civ, I cant speak for the rest of Gathering Storm but Blake is know master in SMAC and I suspect his Civ4 skills are impressive as well, its also unknown to what extent he is leading/managing GS.

Were doing very well due to a healthy bit of Luck and our own good forsight. GS might simply have had less luck then us. As you said next turns score graph will show us a lot more. Possibly allowing us to calculate their past moves with high presision. From a purely tecnical point what do yall think of my predictions? They will at the least provide a framework for interpreting the graph.

INFACT the turn just arived, some-one crack it open and post screen shots of all their graph data.
                        Last edited by Impaler[WrG]; December 2, 2006, 22:05.

Comment

It's possible that GS took a gamble and lost.
                          "Cutlery confused Stalin"
                          -BBC news

Comment

Its very doubtfull their going to Rush, Mali is a defensive Builder oriented Civ
                            Not really, Mali is the second best civ to rush, after incas.
                            They dont need anything but tech and some production potential to pull it off.
                            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

PJay, can we deduce more info about GS now that we have the graphs?

Comment

Working...
                              X