Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice enough of you to say that, but that's still no reason to tell GS we have Metal Casting.
    "Cutlery confused Stalin"
    -BBC news

Comment

Good points. I say we mention, when we get it, that we kept it secret because we wanted to farm GP points for the wonder (which we would have just completed)

No extra info given out, and maybe we can convince someone we're not about to fall on anyone with an army of swordsmen (which is true, even )
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

and maybe we can convince someone we're not about to fall on anyone with an army of swordsmen (which is true, even )
        Yeah, we'll use an army of chukonus!
        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

The chat:

[02:22] [nye] have you ever chatted with nana?
          [02:23] [N35t0r] Impaler has, he's our dip guy
          [02:23] [Impaler[WrG]] I think he is asking if we IRC chated with them, the aswer is no, I never felt the need with the slow pace of the early game
          [02:24] [nye] who was your contact earlier?
          [02:25] [Impaler[WrG]] Ok first off I need to know, NYE did you get aproval from your team mates to discuss tech plans/trades and such stuff
          [02:26] [nye] i have some leeway. is banana showing up for this?
          [02:26] [Impaler[WrG]] Maniac did Diplomacy in the very begining but then he got bored and I took over
          [02:26] [nye] no, who was your contact with banana?
          [02:26] [nye] *on banana
          [02:26] [Impaler[WrG]] Were still quite early, I could send them a PM
          [02:27] [nye] ok
          [02:27] [Impaler[WrG]] I dont realy know to be honest, they comunicate by the colective G-mail inbox and just sign "Banana Diplomate"
          [02:28] [Impaler[WrG]] dosn't look like any of the Bananas are loged onto Poly
          [02:29] [nye] PRex contacted me earlier via GMail chat
          [02:29] [Impaler[WrG]] I belive Platapus Rex will be their representative
          [02:29] [Krill] will, or is?
          [02:30] [N35t0r] Well, he hasn't arrived yet
          [02:30] [Impaler[WrG]] well I just messaged him cause he was the turn player
          [02:30] [Krill] 'k. thanks for that
          [02:30] [Impaler[WrG]] though the last banana turn was played by some other guy
          [02:31] [Impaler[WrG]] the official chat period is 3:00 to 5:00 GMT
          [02:32] [Impaler[WrG]] and its only 1:30 GMT so the Nans have plently of time to show up

[02:35] [Impaler[WrG]] I hope bintravin can make it
          [02:36] [Impaler[WrG]] he would be good at working out all the little details

[02:40] [Impaler[WrG]] ok well nothing to do now but wait for Nanas
          [02:40] [Impaler[WrG]] or we can try to come up with some small talk
          [02:41] [nye] on what turn will your space ship be completed?
          [02:41] [nye]
          [02:42] [N35t0r] When the modern armor finishes building
          [02:43] [Impaler[WrG]] OH NO THEY HAVE DISCOVED TEH SECRET PLANS!!!
          [02:44] [Impaler[WrG]] ok I see Bintravin is loged on, I posted a notice on the forum for him to come here
          [02:44] [Impaler[WrG]] oh wait he is in Belgum its like 3:00 am their
          [02:45] [N35t0r] 2:45

*SNIP RANDOM CHAT BETWEEN MANIAC, IMPALER AND ME*

[03:13] [Impaler[WrG]] nye you their?
          [03:14] [nye] i'm around
          [03:14] [Impaler[WrG]] how long will you be able to stick around?
          [03:15] [nye] not sure.
          [03:15] [nye] what time were we supposed to start according to you and nana?
          [03:15] [Impaler[WrG]] in an hour
          [03:15] [nye] i'll still be here then
          [03:16] [Krill] blah
          [03:16] [Krill] night all
          [03:16] [nye] g'night
          [03:16] [N35t0r] g'night krill
          [03:16] [Maniac] wait!
          [03:16] [Impaler[WrG]] k, just that Maniac thinks he may have to go and he didn't want to miss out
          [03:17] [Impaler[WrG]] so lets get all non 3 way type matters cleared up now
          [03:17] [nye] what is not 3-way related?
          [03:18] [Impaler[WrG]] stuff thats just bi-lateraly between Storm and AC
          [03:18] [Impaler[WrG]] like a map exchange
          [03:18] [Impaler[WrG]] I belive I mentioned it last time, have you guys thought it over?
          [03:19] [nye] i see. what sorts of agreements do you and nana have now?
          [03:20] [nye] if i may be honest with you. my sniffer is going overdrive
          [03:20] [Impaler[WrG]] we have some loose borders and some mutualy respected claims on land and the tech trading plan
          [03:20] [N35t0r] sniffer?
          [03:20] [Maniac] is that a dog or an electronic device?
          [03:21] [nye] describing communications with nana as a shambles would be being charitable
          [03:21] [N35t0r] They're not answering much?
          [03:21] [nye] we came here to discuss among 3 teams, but it seems we are down to 2
          [03:21] [Impaler[WrG]] their rather slow to respond to comunications thats true, but their answers are coherent
          [03:21] [nye] they claim to be almost incapable of answering
          [03:22] [nye] PRex claims to know nothing of chat otyher than MSN
          [03:22] [nye] this despite they invited us to chat through Yahoo
          [03:22] [Impaler[WrG]] he dosn't read the G-mail inbox?
          [03:23] [nye] we get incoherent messages about messages we never sent
          [03:23] [Maniac] hmm
          [03:23] [nye] but there seems to be no shortage of AC to chat with...
          [03:24] [nye] given the above, i feel it would be best for GS to withdraw until we can find out just what exactly is going on with the 2 civs we are prepared to talk to
          [03:24] [Impaler[WrG]] well I guess thats a complement on my diplo skills
          [03:25] [Impaler[WrG]] why do you feel you should do that?
          [03:25] [nye] hense, my sniffer is going overdrive. i smell being played
          [03:25] [Maniac] ??
          [03:25] [Maniac] you mean what exactly are AC-Banana relations?
          [03:26] [Impaler[WrG]] You suspect the situation is some kind of ruse?
          [03:26] [nye] i have to
          [03:26] [nye] the level of competence of banana communications has been so bad that it could only be intentional
          [03:27] [nye] so i must ask myaself, why?
          [03:27] [Maniac] might be but what does that have to do with us?
          [03:27] [Impaler[WrG]] Why would they do that, act incoherent on purpose?
          [03:28] [nye] good question, Impaler, and I'd like to know the answer...
          [03:28] [nye] but given the state of affairs, can you blame us for being a little less than forthcoming?
          [03:28] [Maniac] and you're gonna get that answer by not talking to us?
          [03:29] [Impaler[WrG]] Well my guess is their activity level is low and the left had dosn't know what the right is doing
          [03:29] [nye] here i am talking, Maniac. what remains to be seen is what i would be willing to talk about
          [03:30] [nye] i am being honest with you about a concern of GS. That's a start, yes?
          [03:32] [Impaler[WrG]] ok I agree voicing your concern is honest
          [03:32] [Impaler[WrG]] dose Storm fear some kind of Banana-AC aliance?
          [03:32] [nye] we can't discount the possibility
          [03:33] [Impaler[WrG]] and your trying to figure out exact nature of our relationship
          [03:33] [Maniac] why would we want to harm you lol?
          [03:34] [nye] we are faced with the prospect that a team that can't chat, can't use email meaningfully somehow has a comprehensive agreement for the trade of all the ancient age techs (for all we know)
          [03:34] [N35t0r] With four civs (very possibly) on the other continent, we should cooperate on this one
          [03:34] [nye] susopicious?
          [03:34] [N35t0r] The bananas haven't been answering us lately, we could consider dropping the tech exchange proposal with them if we can get a similar deal with you. We can always add in the nanas whenever they feel like answering
          [03:35] [Impaler[WrG]] I can tell you what I've already told you we have been friendly with them
          [03:36] [Impaler[WrG]] as my colleges stated the bananas do take ex exorbedent amount of time comunicating
          [03:36] [nye] N35t0r, you would drop your deal with nana?
          [03:37] [Impaler[WrG]] I've asked them to let us speak without interuption
          [03:38] [Impaler[WrG]] As you can see some on AC are as anoyed with the Bananas as you guys are
          [03:38] [nye] i see
          [03:38] [Impaler[WrG]] but realize we have been sending back and forth comunications for more then a month with them
          [03:39] [Impaler[WrG]] we have tenative tech trade proposals being worked on with the bananas
          [03:39] [nye] tentative?
          [03:39] [Impaler[WrG]] the exact techs that will be ready by the time alphabet is researched are not well established
          [03:40] [Impaler[WrG]] theirs also the need to balance points equily
          [03:41] [Impaler[WrG]] We are willing to trade with Storm under the same rules and with equal access, we will not show any favoratism
          [03:41] [nye] ok. so where are we?
          [03:41] [nye] all trades are open?
          [03:42] [Impaler[WrG]] as in all techs are open for trade, none would be off the table?
          [03:43] [nye] yes
          [03:45] [Impaler[WrG]] so long as the other team can present equal beaker value worth of techs that the other needs we agree to that
          [03:46] [Impaler[WrG]] ofcorse their would be some little IOC's between trades to "make change"
          [03:46] [Impaler[WrG]] Haha you cant fool me Maniac
          [03:46] [nye] IOC's?
          [03:47] [Impaler[WrG]] IOU's sorry
          [03:47] [nye] so, we would discuss a 2 way deal for tech trades?
          [03:47] [Impaler[WrG]] like if we trade a 100 point tech for a 90 point tech, their a 10 point IOU that should be made up on the next trade
          [03:48] [nye] no-trade clauses?
          [03:48] [Impaler[WrG]] if either side wants them ofcorse
          [03:49] [nye] when are banana due here?
          [03:49] [Krill] c. 15 mins
          [03:49] [Impaler[WrG]] They should be here soon, but I would not be wholy suprized if they dont show
          [03:49] [nye] i will go grab a cup of coffee and see if they make it
          [03:50] [Impaler[WrG]] k

[04:08] [Impaler[WrG]] ok Bananas are officialy late, if their a no show what do you want to do NYE?
          [04:08] [nye] i'm thinking of the possibilities
          [04:09] [Maniac] wasn't there some thought about telling each other what techs we have?
          [04:09] [Impaler[WrG]] My plan had been that all the teams would reveal what techs they currently posses
          [04:10] [Impaler[WrG]] and then we brainstorm on Beelines
          [04:10] [nye] that would be premature, given the circumstances. how do we know this is not part of a plan?

[04:11] [N35t0r] If we want to trade techs, one of us has to head for alphabet.
          [04:11] [Impaler[WrG]] well as AC is in the stronger tech position its actualy us who take more risk in such a situation
          [04:12] [nye] this is true
          [04:12] [nye] i do have a few questions
          [04:12] [Impaler[WrG]] ask away
          [04:13] [nye] is there a lot of land up there?
          [04:13] [Maniac] wanna trade maps? :-D
          [04:14] [nye] i ask this beacuse we would like to see a border around where nana put their second city. is that acceptable to ac?
          [04:14] [Impaler[WrG]] well define a lot, we have enough
          [04:14] [Impaler[WrG]] a border between us or with Banana?
          [04:14] [nye] one moment
          [04:14] [nye] border in general
          [04:15] [Impaler[WrG]] I dont understand we hace a border with Bananas and their in the middle, your border with them would seem to be independent of us
          [04:15] [nye] you see nana second city now, yes?
          [04:15] [Impaler[WrG]] yes we found it just like you said
          [04:16] [nye] would you and nana have enough room if there were a border at that city?
          [04:17] [Impaler[WrG]] I cant speack for them, but I would presume thats a reasonable amount of land for them
          [04:17] [nye] one mioment
          [04:17] [Impaler[WrG]] they could build a good half dozen cities with whats north of that
          [04:21] [nye] can i ask, did it ever occur to ac to just kill nana?
          [04:22] [Impaler[WrG]] Every possible strategic options was explored
          [04:23] [nye] ok
          [04:23] [Impaler[WrG]] as I'm shure your team has done too
          [04:24] [nye] we look at scenarios
          [04:24] [nye] may i propose a scenario?
          [04:25] [Impaler[WrG]] certanly
          [04:25] [nye] first, how stable do you think a 3-civ continent would be?
          [04:26] [Impaler[WrG]] It would depend on how mutualy benificial the relationship was and how great any external threat was
          [04:26] [nye] my experience is they are not very stable. 2 undoubtedly go for 1
          [04:27] [nye] usually the 2 who are most afraid of the other
          [04:27] [N35t0r] Like the C3CISDG?
          [04:27] [Impaler[WrG]] that would be logical
          [04:27] [nye] yes, like that
          [04:27] [Impaler[WrG]] shhh please
          [04:28] [Krill] I was going Krill = n00b?
          [04:28] [Krill] I was going to say...
          [04:28] [nye] if i could assure you that the other continent is 3 civ, and GS cares not much for the fate of nana, what would your response be?
          [04:32] [Impaler[WrG]] I would say we dont try to regulate your relationship with them, we would not get involved
          [04:32] [nye] ok
          [04:33] [nye] we would say the same
          [04:34] [Impaler[WrG]] AC seeks to have friendly relations with everyone for tech trading
          [04:34] [Impaler[WrG]] and trade
          [04:35] [nye] alright. i came here for 3 way talks. those are not to be, it seems. would ac want to have 2 way talks?
          [04:35] [Maniac] duh
          [04:35] [Impaler[WrG]] its seems thats all were left with
          [04:36] [nye] may we resume tomorrow afternoon in NA?
          [04:36] [nye] i need time to confer with my team due to changed circumstances
          [04:36] [Impaler[WrG]] I'm going to be indisposed tomorrow, I was hoping to finish tonight
          [04:36] [nye] unfortunate.
          [04:37] [Impaler[WrG]] I take it then your not ready to do tech trade talks?
          [04:37] [nye] on bahalf of gs, i would like to explore ways for ac and gs to cooperate for mutual benefit. however, i feel i should discuss the changing landscape with my team
          [04:38] [nye] tech trade talks? maybe...
          [04:38] [nye] where would we start?
          [04:38] [Maniac] by telling what we have?
          [04:38] [Maniac] and plan to research?
          [04:39] [nye] i think we could begin with what we each have
          [04:39] [nye] as a show of faith
          [04:39] [Impaler[WrG]] yes as Maniac says thats the most logical means
          [04:39] [N35t0r] Agreeing on who should research alphabet should be the start...
          [04:39] [nye] who goes first?
          [04:39] [Impaler[WrG]] We can go first
          [04:40] [nye] what of N35t0r's proposal?
          [04:40] [Impaler[WrG]] that will depend on who is closest/fastest
          [04:41] [nye] ok
          [04:41] [Impaler[WrG]] let me pull up a tech tree
          [04:43] [nye] btw, before anyone says anything...
          [04:44] [Impaler[WrG]] go on
          [04:44] [nye] this information is not to be disclosed to any other team. agreed?
          [04:44] [Impaler[WrG]] if by the Nanas they already know or are you talking a 4th team?
          [04:45] [Impaler[WrG]] ok I guess IF you know a 4th team dont tell them and we agree to keep everything you say confidential
          [04:45] [nye] any other team. there are large areas we know little of. i would suspect the same is true for ac
          [04:45] [Impaler[WrG]] ok shall I continue
          [04:46] [nye] to be clear. this information is not to be disclosed to any other team. agreed?
          [04:46] [Impaler[WrG]] agreed
          [04:46] [nye] agreed
          [04:46] [Impaler[WrG]] on my Centaurian honor
          [04:46] [Maniac] on my Spartan honour
          [04:46] [Maniac] oh wait
          [04:46] [nye] hehe
          [04:47] [Impaler[WrG]] We have......
          [04:48] [Impaler[WrG]] farming, mining, mystisism, hunting, the wheel, pottery, bronze working, animal husbandry, iron working
          [04:48] [nye] We have Agri, Wheel, Pottery, Hunting, Archery, Myst, Mining, Broze Working
          [04:49] [Impaler[WrG]] yep thats about what we expected
          [04:49] [nye] same here. we saw huts
          [04:49] [nye] you are on writing?
          [04:49] [Impaler[WrG]] you got pottery early to develop your finacial trait
          [04:49] [Impaler[WrG]] yep, and you
          [04:49] [nye] yep
          [04:50] [Krill] gateway tech and all that
          [04:50] [nye] you are going writing, alphabet
          [04:50] [nye] ?
          [04:50] [Impaler[WrG]] your currently researching?
          [04:51] [Krill] writting
          [04:51] [nye] sorry, i thought i answered that with the second 'yep' i should have been clearer
          [04:51] [Impaler[WrG]] oh I see
          [04:52] [Impaler[WrG]] were about 4 turns to go I think
          [04:52] [nye] ok. we are farther
          [04:52] [Impaler[WrG]] almost done
          [04:53] [nye] problem is we have to do it to get where we are going
          [04:53] [Impaler[WrG]] whats your ETA to Alphabet if you did that next?
          [04:54] [nye] longer than you since you are farther along
          [04:54] [nye] ~30 turns
          [04:54] [Impaler[WrG]] I though you said you were further along?
          [04:55] [nye] s
          [04:55] [nye] s
          [04:55] [nye] [nye] longer than you since you are farther along
          [04:56] [Impaler[WrG]] ok
          [04:56] [Impaler[WrG]] whom would you prefer research alphabet?
          [04:57] [nye] seesm to be yours, since you are closer
          [04:58] [Impaler[WrG]] I think my team would prefer you guys research it as were interested in doing some other stuff imediatly following writing
          [04:58] [nye] heh. same here
          [04:59] [Impaler[WrG]] were planning on developing fishing sailing then masonry
          [04:59] [Maniac] perhaps the question could then be: what would you guys like to have?
          [04:59] [Maniac] there you already know ours ;-)
          [05:00] [nye] we can cover masonry for you
          [05:00] [nye] it is in our plans
          [05:01] [Impaler[WrG]] and what else are you planning
          [05:01] [Impaler[WrG]] we can trade you Iron working when were able too
          [05:01] [nye] yes
          [05:02] [Impaler[WrG]] good for chopping through thouse infernal jungles
          [05:02] [nye] we are planning writing-math-masonry-cionstruction
          [05:02] [Maniac] w00t
          [05:02] [Impaler[WrG]] sounds good
          [05:02] [nye] this fits well, then?
          [05:03] [Impaler[WrG]] I think so
          [05:03] [nye] very good
          [05:03] [nye] you would do writing-alpha-fishing-sailing?
          [05:03] [Impaler[WrG]] we might modify our plans by droping masonry
          [05:04] [Impaler[WrG]] I'd have to get aproval from my team to do alphabet
          [05:04] [Impaler[WrG]] but its an idea
          [05:04] [nye] ok.
          [05:05] [nye] we should both post, let the teams mull it over, and see how we can help each other
          [05:05] [Impaler[WrG]] some of our team members are interested in the Great Library so I could see us going Liturature
          [05:05] [nye] ok
          [05:06] [Impaler[WrG]] ok are their any wonders your planning to aim for in the near future
          [05:06] [nye] not any fixed on
          [05:06] [Impaler[WrG]] so we can avoid steping on each others efforts
          [05:07] [nye] are you on one now?
          [05:07] [Impaler[WrG]] were interested in the Great Lighthouse, Great Library and Collosus
          [05:07] [nye] or planning to be on one soon?
          [05:08] [Impaler[WrG]] not on any right now, might start one up in 20 or so turns
          [05:08] [nye] as are we. maybe we, but no immediate plans. perhaps we could revist the topic
          [05:08] [Impaler[WrG]] light house after we get the masonry would be the earliest
          [05:09] [nye] ok.
          [05:09] [Impaler[WrG]] brb
          [05:09] [Maniac] we like wonders :-)
          [05:10] [nye] they are popular ;-)
          [05:12] [Impaler[WrG]] having a comparitive advantage in building the (industrious) we naturaly will be trying for a few of them
          [05:12] [nye] that is logical
          [05:13] [Impaler[WrG]] ok I think we made a lot of progress on that issue
          [05:13] [Krill] night all, need sleep, have to be up in 5 hours
          02[05:13] * Krill has quit IRC (Quit: )
          [05:13] [Impaler[WrG]] night
          [05:13] [nye] he wastes no time
          [05:14] [Impaler[WrG]] ok what else would you like to discuss
          [05:14] [nye] yes, a lot of progress
          [05:15] [nye] you mentioned a trade of maps.
          [05:15] [Impaler[WrG]] yes thats right, would Storm like to do that?
          [05:16] [nye] one moment. have to check something
          [05:16] [nye] left gmail open. wanted to check for messages from nana
          [05:17] [nye] we should maybe hold off until i have discussed with the team. when could you resume?

Session Close: Sun Dec 10 06:35:10 2006
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Part 2:

[05:17] [Impaler[WrG]] it looks like their is a Banana online now
            [05:17] [Impaler[WrG]] the EPW member who played their last turn
            [05:18] [Impaler[WrG]] I could try roping him in here
            [05:18] [nye] perhaps that would be good
            [05:18] [N35t0r] I just PM'd him
            [05:18] [nye] if he is here to talk
            [05:20] [Impaler[WrG]] I dont know I've never spoken (as far as I know) with this Banana, he's just the only one online
            [05:21] [Impaler[WrG]] thanks N35, lets see if he shows up
            [05:21] [N35t0r] He hasn't opened it still
            [05:22] [Impaler[WrG]] give it a whial, in the meantime
            [05:22] [Maniac] aha is Blake online?
            [05:22] [Impaler[WrG]] check poly, is his light on
            [05:22] [N35t0r] he's still online
            [05:22] [N35t0r] I get told that as well
            [05:22] [nye] hail him in the apolyton channel? open a private channel and say hi?
            [05:23] [Maniac] he's been idle for 24 minutes there
            [05:23] [Maniac] Why didn't we notice earlier ;hmmm:
            [05:24] [Impaler[WrG]] If Storm desides it want to trade maps, just send us your map in an atachment and we will send ours in a reply
            [05:24] [nye] try double clicking on his name?
            [05:24] [Maniac] damn I even talked to him but didn't know he was a banana
            [05:24] [Impaler[WrG]] We can ofcorse only send you a map of our territory, none of the Banana territory would be included
            [05:24] * Maniac bangs head against wall
            [05:25] [nye] i suppose we are advertising this meeting to anyone in the general channel then
            [05:25] [Maniac] err oops
            [05:26] [Impaler[WrG]] opps
            [05:26] [Maniac] any people of other teams?
            [05:26] [Impaler[WrG]] I dont think so
            [05:26] [nye] who knows who is whom
            [05:26] [Maniac] damn of course
            [05:26] [Maniac] now everyone will know GS and AC have met
            [05:26] [nye] yes
            [05:26] [Impaler[WrG]] who reads the chat room anyway
            [05:27] [nye] and calling banana in
            [05:27] [Impaler[WrG]] well whats done is done, next time we will wisper
            [05:27] [Maniac] okay this is kinda hilarious. All of Apolyton has been able to see this the whole night lol
            [05:27] [Impaler[WrG]] see if you cant get him in here still
            [05:27] [N35t0r] I'm on that
            [05:28] * Maniac is now known as NothingGoingOnHere
            [05:29] [nye] Impaler, I am going to assume we will have more to discuss after tonight. When are you available again?
            [05:30] [Impaler[WrG]] hold up just a moment talking with EPW
            [05:31] [Impaler[WrG]] maybe this time tommorow night but not earlier
            [05:31] [nye] This time tomorrow, or a bit later would be fine
            [05:31] * EPW has joined #ignore
            [05:31] [EPW] ok that did it
            [05:31] [N35t0r] good
            [05:31] [nye] is this a banana?
            [05:31] [Impaler[WrG]] hey their
            [05:32] [Impaler[WrG]] nye = Gathering Storm
            [05:32] [EPW] hey
            [05:32] [NothingGoingOnHere] hey
            [05:33] [NothingGoingOnHere] don't mind me - I'm in disguise
            [05:33] [Impaler[WrG]] The original purpose of this meeting was 3 way tech trading talks, Bananas and AC originaly knew each others techs and plans
            [05:34] [Impaler[WrG]] Now Gathering Storm and Bananas can talk over their plans
            [05:35] [Impaler[WrG]] cool?
            [05:35] [nye] i'm not certain epw is the right banana to talk to
            [05:35] [nye] is he?
            [05:35] [NothingGoingOnHere] but who is?
            [05:35] [Impaler[WrG]] are you??
            [05:35] [nye] good question
            [05:35] [EPW] uh
            [05:36] [EPW] apperently I'm co-leader or something
            [05:36] [Impaler[WrG]] EPW can you fill us in on WHO is running Banana?
            [05:36] [EPW] but daddy=o is are diplo guy
            [05:36] [EPW] platypus
            [05:37] [nye] we (GS) have had a difficult time communicating with your team. nothing of any consequence has been said. just a lot of garbled, incoherent messages
            [05:38] [NothingGoingOnHere] *sighg* gotta go I'm afraid. Sleepy... ;-)
            [05:38] [nye] g'night
            [05:38] [EPW] hmm
            [05:38] [EPW] night
            [05:38] [Impaler[WrG]] Likewise we have waited typicaly a week or more to get responses to our messages (AC)
            [05:39] [NothingGoingOnHere] see ya
            [05:39] [EPW] I'm not sure if I should speak for the team
            [05:39] * NothingGoingOnHere has left #ignore
            [05:39] [nye] if you are not sure, then you are correct to defer.
            [05:40] [Impaler[WrG]] Were just confused, is your team inactive or are you giving us the cold shoulder?
            [05:40] [EPW] I think there was some confusion over when the chat was
            [05:40] [Impaler[WrG]] If its plain old inactivity we can understand that and just need to know who to prod
            [05:42] [Impaler[WrG]] how so, I sent a very detailed message to your G-mail
            [05:42] [EPW] Well I would say we have been pretty inactive
            [05:43] [Impaler[WrG]] Do you personaly check the G-mail account or dose just Daddy-O
            [05:43] [EPW] Daddy-o and platypus mainly...i
            [05:44] [EPW] it looks like neither of them could make it
            [05:44] [EPW] no insult was intended...
            [05:45] [EPW] I honestly I wasn't keeping up with the thread
            [05:45] [EPW] and just came in here by chance
            [05:45] [Impaler[WrG]] I wish they had specified, I said if the time was not good it could be reschedualed
            [05:45] [nye] i'm not insulted, but we at gs wonder why nothing of consequence is ever communicated by your team
            [05:45] [nye] forget about today
            [05:46] [EPW] Sorry about this, we really only have 2 active members....and me
            [05:47] [Impaler[WrG]] Thats rather thin I must admit
            [05:47] [nye] yep
            [05:47] [Impaler[WrG]] maybe you should try to rally some of the inactives
            [05:47] [EPW] Well I'll tell Daddy-o and Platypus what happened
            [05:47] [EPW] we can try to reschedule?
            [05:48] [nye] let us know when your team has something they want to talk about
            [05:49] [EPW] okay one of us will
            [05:49] [Impaler[WrG]] I'd like to get some clarification on what Banana members are authorized to say/do
            [05:50] [Impaler[WrG]] I take it your not able to negotiate, and Daddy-O or P-Rex have all the power
            [05:50] [EPW] I could probably negotiate, but I don't know what we want....
            [05:51] [Impaler[WrG]] I see, if we talk with Daddy-O can he make agrements unilaterly or must he confer with P-Rex
            [05:52] [N35t0r] They can talk about it and tell us
            [05:53] [EPW] Daddy-O can make agreements
            [05:53] [Impaler[WrG]] ok thats good to hear
            [05:54] [Impaler[WrG]] Ok any messages Bananas want to convey?
            [05:54] [EPW] We do want peace, and we would like to engage in tech trading, but thats all I can say
            [05:54] [Impaler[WrG]] AC has the same position
            [05:55] [nye] ok
            [05:55] [EPW] as for the details, we really havn't sorted them out yet
            [05:57] [Impaler[WrG]] Banana has plans for trading with AC, I hoped to get Storm involved to see what they had to offer
            [05:59] [Impaler[WrG]] nye, do you want to aproatch Bananas for a private two way trade talk of your own
            [05:59] [Impaler[WrG]] I'd sugjest doing so
            [05:59] [nye] i'll wait to see what banana might have to say
            [05:59] [nye] so far that's been a whole lot of nothing
            [06:00] [EPW] I'm sorry, I really can't get into a trade talk now, its Daddy-O's area
            [06:01] [nye] i understand that, epw.
            [06:01] [Impaler[WrG]] would you like me to log off so you two can be alone together
            [06:01] [nye] no
            [06:01] * EPW has quit IRC (Quit: Bye bye)
            [06:01] [nye] as i said, we are waiting to hear from banana
            [06:01] [Impaler[WrG]] well I'm sorry this didnt work out so well
            [06:02] [nye] honestly, impaler, i would not rely on them to tie their own shoes
            [06:02] [Impaler[WrG]] Well at least we got some insight into whats happening over their
            [06:02] * EPW has joined #ignore
            [06:02] [EPW] accidently closed the browser
            [06:02] [Impaler[WrG]] ah
            [06:02] [nye] hello again
            [06:03] [EPW] hello
            [06:03] [EPW] was there anything further to discuss?
            [06:03] [nye] not much. ball is in banana's court.
            [06:04] [EPW] we will get back to you as soon as possibe
            [06:04] [Impaler[WrG]] nothing official, you can convey messages and thats about it
            [06:04] [EPW] I've said all that I can
            [06:04] [EPW] well if thats it, I'm off
            [06:04] [EPW] good night
            [06:05] [Impaler[WrG]] night
            [06:05] [nye] g'night
            [06:05] [N35t0r] bye
            [06:05] * EPW has quit IRC (Quit: Bye bye)
            [06:05] [N35t0r] Well, I guess that's all
            [06:05] [N35t0r] nye, want the log?
            [06:05] [nye] at any rate, Impaler, I would be open to continuing discussions tomorrow
            [06:05] [N35t0r] Impaler, I'll post it in our thread
            [06:06] [Impaler[WrG]] thanks n35
            [06:06] [nye] N35t0r, that would be nice of you.
            [06:06] [Impaler[WrG]] one last thing
            [06:06] [nye] go ahead
            [06:07] [Impaler[WrG]] nye I hope your less suspicious of us after tonight
            [06:07] [nye] time and events will tell. i've put my neck out a long ways tonight
            [06:08] [Impaler[WrG]] I realize that and because of it we made a lot of progress
            [06:08] [nye] i hope we can develop a good working relationship with AC, as you are obviously a team that takes this game seriously.
            [06:08] [Impaler[WrG]] This is my third Democracy game, I enjoy them very much
            [06:08] [nye] i do question how much land should be set aside for a team that can't be bothered to answer messeges
            [06:09] * Unable to resolve local host
            [06:09] [nye] experience helps
            [06:09] [Impaler[WrG]] is this your first DG?
            [06:09] [nye] heh, hardly
            [06:09] [N35t0r] lol
            [06:10] [N35t0r] nye, pm, email?
            [06:10] [Impaler[WrG]] my previous ones were the second SMAC game as Cycon and the third one as Morgan
            [06:10] [nye] email please, N35t0r.
            [06:10] [N35t0r] ok
            [06:10] [Impaler[WrG]] yours?
            [06:10] [N35t0r] lol
            [06:10] [nye] i have heard of the ACen DG's. Pretty competetive
            [06:11] [nye] the ptw dg, the ptw isdg, the c3c isdg
            [06:11] [nye] those were the mp dgs
            [06:11] [Impaler[WrG]] accronim overload
            [06:12] [nye] i skipped the 2nd ptw dg. too many games...
            [06:12] [Impaler[WrG]] isdg = intersite democracy game
            [06:12] [nye] yes
            [06:12] [Impaler[WrG]] c3c = Civ3 call to power?
            [06:12] [nye] ptw, play the world
            [06:12] [nye] c3c civ 3 conquests
            [06:12] [Impaler[WrG]] k
            [06:13] [Impaler[WrG]] play the world is Civ3 expantion?
            [06:13] [nye] the first one
            [06:13] [nye] it opened up pbem and then the first mp dg started
            [06:13] [Impaler[WrG]] ok got it, and these were all team based
            [06:13] [nye] yes
            [06:14] [nye] before that i was in the first civ3 sp dg
            [06:14] [nye] i think ACen were at it sooner though
            [06:14] [Impaler[WrG]] I've never yet partispated in the One Big team against AI type games
            [06:14] [nye] it was fun because it was novel
            [06:14] [Impaler[WrG]] the First AC game was like that but I wasnt in it
            [06:15] [nye] ACen had 2 MP DGs, yes?
            [06:15] [Impaler[WrG]] yes the second and third were multi-human teamed with some AI's mixed in
            [06:16] [Impaler[WrG]] 5 teams on the second and 4 in the third
            [06:16] [nye] i figured most of you would have some maxy when it comes to these things
            [06:16] [nye] one of the probklems in the civ ones is that anyone and everyone starts a team
            [06:17] [nye] the ptw game was the only one that actually worked well, imo
            [06:17] [nye] the second one was started with sillyness in mind
            [06:17] [Impaler[WrG]] and then they drift off and you end up with team Banana
            [06:17] [nye] food teams, and such
            [06:17] [nye] yes, and now we have banana
            [06:18] [Impaler[WrG]] In ACDG 2 the University faction decayed to 1 person
            [06:18] [nye] that can be a problem
            [06:19] [Impaler[WrG]] Kody did some amazing stuff with the Hive that game and just steam rolled the competition
            [06:19] [Impaler[WrG]] brb
            [06:19] [nye] ok
            [06:22] [Impaler[WrG]] back
            [06:22] [Impaler[WrG]] ok when would you like to have the follow up
            [06:22] [Impaler[WrG]] I'm thinking our teams will need some time to debate the proposals
            [06:23] [nye] sooner rather than later. let me know when you are available in the week
            [06:24] [Impaler[WrG]] This time at night is good for me any week day
            [06:24] [nye] ok. let's keep each other up to date on progress of in team discussions and resume when we have something to talk about
            [06:24] [Impaler[WrG]] infact even tommorrow this time I'd probly be avalible, just not earlier as I'm having dinner with the family
            [06:25] [nye] i'll see you then if we have anything to say
            [06:25] [N35t0r] I'll wake up early on monday then
            [06:25] [Impaler[WrG]] sounds good, I think my team should have made up its mind before next weekend
            [06:25] [nye] ok
            [06:25] [Impaler[WrG]] I'll send G-mail
            [06:26] [nye] ok
            [06:26] [Impaler[WrG]] when I think theirs something to discuss
            [06:26] [Impaler[WrG]] bye
            [06:26] [nye] g'night
            [06:26] * Impaler[WrG] has left #ignore (Leaving)
            [06:26] [N35t0r] good morning
            [06:26] [nye] good day then
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

What was going on in the private channel:

[03:00] * Maniac has joined #ac
              [03:00] [Maniac] aha
              [03:00] [Maniac] are you telling Impaler?
              [03:00] [N35t0r] he's abit slow catching queries
              [03:02] [N35t0r] remind me of your mod when I get back home
              [03:03] [Maniac] ok :-D
              [03:03] [Maniac] do you still play SMAC btw?
              [03:03] [N35t0r] every now and then
              [03:03] [N35t0r] i dl'ed smaniac about a week before leaving
              [03:03] [N35t0r] only read through the readme though
              [03:05] [Maniac] well I'd also suggest that - though FfH is better if you have to choose
              [03:08] * Impaler[WrG] has joined #ac
              [03:08] [Maniac] W00t
              [03:09] [Impaler[WrG]] hey sorry diddnt see your message
              [03:09] [N35t0r] lol
              [03:09] [N35t0r] [03:00] [Maniac] are you telling Impaler?
              [03:09] [N35t0r] [03:00] [N35t0r] he's abit slow catching queries
              [03:09] [Impaler[WrG]] whats this channel for, private to our team?
              [03:09] [N35t0r] ,)
              [03:09] [N35t0r]
              [03:09] [Impaler[WrG]] if so I aprove
              [03:10] [N35t0r] yup
              [03:11] [Maniac] so who are we expecting of the Bananas?
              [03:11] [Impaler[WrG]] ok any other AC's likly to show up?
              [03:11] [Impaler[WrG]] probly not for another hour as the official start time is 3:00 GMT
              [03:11] [Maniac] what I thought it started now? damn
              [03:11] [Maniac] then I won't be around
              [03:12] [Maniac] is there anything we can already discuss with the Storm?
              [03:12] [Impaler[WrG]] I guess we could start talking about map exchanges with them
              [03:13] [N35t0r] map exchanges, their feeling of nana's city
              [03:15] [Impaler[WrG]] I'll get that started
              [03:15] [Impaler[WrG]] join in if you like
              [03:16] [Maniac] I'll go write some Chinese in the meanwhile
              [03:18] [Maniac] we should send them the pic the Banana sent us
              [03:19] [Maniac] none?
              [03:19] [Impaler[WrG]] actulay I was thinking of croping just whats west of the river
              [03:19] [N35t0r] we're on talks for a tech exchange deal
              [03:20] [Maniac] but nothing decided yet
              [03:20] [Maniac] whatever it's same for me re map
              [03:22] [Maniac] aren't we the slow ones in AC-Banana diplomacy?
              [03:22] [Maniac] how about asking now how they feel about that southern city?
              [03:23] [Impaler[WrG]] we already have a good idea that they feel a bit crowded by it, lets not push the issue
              [03:23] [Maniac] ok
              [03:26] [N35t0r] tell them that we could switch to them as a tech trading partner?
              [03:26] [Impaler[WrG]] I'm tempted to
              [03:26] [N35t0r] the nanas have had our proposal on their table for long now...
              [03:26] [Maniac] tell them we haven't made any strict agreement with the Banana
              [03:26] [Maniac] yep
              [03:29] [N35t0r] "The bananas haven't been answering us lately, we could consider dropping the tech exchange proposal with them if we can get a similar deal with you"
              [03:30] [Impaler[WrG]] I think hi may be trying to play us
              [03:30] [Maniac] yeah I think so too
              [03:30] [N35t0r] in what sense?
              [03:30] [Maniac] trying to learn more about AC-Banana relations
              [03:30] [N35t0r] I think that it's true that nanas have not been talking to them
              [03:30] [N35t0r] hmm.. yeah
              [03:30] [Impaler[WrG]] We should not reveal our ultimate intentions on the Bananas
              [03:31] [N35t0r] duh
              [03:31] [Impaler[WrG]] but express that their disorganization is not our falt
              [03:31] [Maniac] though we should say we want to trade with them, even this means in Banana's stead
              [03:32] [N35t0r] "The bananas haven't been answering us lately, we could consider dropping the tech exchange proposal with them if we can get a similar deal with you. We can always add in the nanas whenever they feel like answering"
              [03:32] [Maniac]
              [03:33] [N35t0r] shall I post it? or let Implaer do it?
              [03:33] [Maniac] if you don't do it I will irate:
              [03:34] [Impaler[WrG]] I'm stargint to feel this cross posting is counter productive
              [03:35] [Maniac]
              [03:35] [Maniac] ouch
              [03:35] [N35t0r] I don't want to overstep your toes, that's all
              [03:35] [Impaler[WrG]] ok I would like to request that both of you go silent
              [03:35] [N35t0r] here or there, or both?
              [03:36] [Maniac] but what are your plans to tell them?
              [03:36] * N35t0r sets mode: +oo Impaler[WrG] Maniac
              [03:36] [N35t0r] Impaler, should I answer him, or let you speak?
              [03:36] [Maniac] at least tell him we haven't signed a deal yet - just negotiations
              [03:36] [Impaler[WrG]] just in their you should talk to me here
              [03:37] [N35t0r] ok
              [03:37] [Maniac] it's the truth
              [03:37] [N35t0r] I agree with maniac
              [03:37] [Maniac] and that's what we want right? Also trade with GS
              [03:37] [N35t0r] we haven't concluded the deal with the nanas, and we'd like to trade with GS as well
              [03:38] [Maniac] I just had a déjà-vu, but can't place it
              [03:39] [Maniac] but after this months we still haven't signed a deal!!!!!!!!!!
              [03:39] [Maniac] :^)
              [03:39] [N35t0r] something more concrete with GS would be welcome... blah blah
              [03:40] [Impaler[WrG]] ok I think I have him calmed down now
              [03:40] [N35t0r] let him digest that and answer
              [03:41] [N35t0r] Last time you more o less told him that we already had a set deal with the nanas, and that they could hop on with the scrap techs if they wanted
              [03:41] [Maniac] now they might think we're split on the issue of Banana or GS cooperation, and might be nice to us to get us on their side :-D
              [03:44] [Impaler[WrG]] I think we should be apearing nutral right now, were just pragmatic oportunists
              [03:44] [Maniac] anything is open for the right price
              [03:44] [Impaler[WrG]] see if Platapus Rex is online and get him in here if you can
              [03:44] [N35t0r] yeah
              [03:44] [Maniac] but that price is way too highh for say Machinery ;-)
              [03:44] [N35t0r] I've been refreshing the nana userlist
              [03:44] [Impaler[WrG]] good
              [03:46] * Maniac is now known as MarkG
              [03:48] [N35t0r] Is trading for points such a good idea?
              [03:48] [N35t0r] like mentioned in the thread, some techs are more useful than others, regardless of their cost
              [03:48] [N35t0r] to no-trade clauses
              [03:49] [MarkG] why not?
              [03:49] [MarkG] no-trade clauses are to the advantage of those with most techs and most contacts
              [03:49] [N35t0r] religion techs after the religion is discovered are worth less
              [03:49] [MarkG] hopefully us
              [03:49] [N35t0r] two thumbs up...
              [03:50] [MarkG] as Nestor, equal points for equal points has its limitations
              [03:50] [MarkG] shouldn't be a strict rule probably
              [03:51] [MarkG] as nestor points out, ...*
              [03:51] [Impaler[WrG]] ok good point
              [03:52] [Impaler[WrG]] bu Polytheism and Monotheism are both still very usefull
              [03:52] [Impaler[WrG]] Parthanon and Organized Religion
              [03:52] [Impaler[WrG]] we could use thouse
              [03:53] [Impaler[WrG]] ok can someone send an E-mail to Rex
              [03:57] * MarkG is now known as Maniac
              [04:00] * Maniac is now known as joncha
              [04:01] * joncha is now known as Drogue
              [04:02] * Drogue is now known as Brian
              [04:06] * N35t0r is now known as YOUR_FACE
              [04:08] * YOUR_FACE is now known as N35t0r
              [04:10] * Brian is now known as Maniac
              [04:11] [Maniac] are they gonna be this paranoid with every team
              [04:11] [Maniac] ?
              [04:11] [Maniac] then this game is gonna be easy like hell to win ;-)
              [04:13] [N35t0r] guessing from their descriptions, about as much as between them and the nanas...
              [04:14] [Maniac] why do we (AC_GS) need to discuss a border near a Banana city??
              [04:16] [N35t0r] more than enough
              [04:17] [N35t0r] it'll be enough for us to push beyond the river
              [04:17] [Maniac] and capture all of Banana territory until their southern city
              [04:17] [N35t0r] that's a bit later
              [04:17] [N35t0r] although their southern city should be either sold to GS or razed, if we capture it
              [04:18] [Maniac] really why?
              [04:18] [Impaler[WrG]] agreed that souther city should not be kept in any case
              [04:18] [N35t0r] too far
              [04:18] [Impaler[WrG]] too much maintance
              [04:18] [N35t0r] expensive
              [04:18] [Maniac] that's only a problem until we get courthouses. And it has stone in its radius IIRC!
              [04:19] [N35t0r] far from nana capital as well
              [04:19] [N35t0r] GS will probably get very sour if we keep it
              [04:19] [N35t0r] well, we'll cross that bridge when we come before it, anyway
              [04:20] [Impaler[WrG]] true its got some goodies
              [04:21] [Impaler[WrG]] perhaps we should send them a map gratis to try to win their trust
              [04:21] [Maniac] eh
              [04:22] [Impaler[WrG]] to the point isnt he
              [04:22] [N35t0r] no way jose
              [04:22] [Maniac] tell him we cannot answer that
              [04:23] [N35t0r] we'd rather cooperate, since with 4 teams on the other continent we fear to fall behind in tech
              [04:23] [Maniac]
              [04:23] [N35t0r] we'd rather cooperate, since with 4 teams on the other continent we fear to fall behind in tech
              [04:23] [N35t0r] we can't answer that is saying yes
              [04:23] [Impaler[WrG]] good point
              [04:23] [Maniac] but who knows they're probing for an alliance
              [04:23] [Maniac] so we should not say 'definitely not" either
              [04:23] [N35t0r] they are
              [04:23] [N35t0r] but if we go out on them, they'll hint this to banana
              [04:23] [Maniac] indeed
              [04:24] [N35t0r] and we'll lose both surprise and the upper hand
              [04:24] [Maniac] that's why we should keep neutral
              [04:24] [N35t0r] IMP, tell him the above
              [04:24] [N35t0r] that'll keep them off balance
              [04:24] [N35t0r] or at least on another chat
              [04:24] [Maniac] you mean what you said?
              [04:24] [Impaler[WrG]] I will but wait
              [04:24] [Maniac] re cooperation? personally I'd rather not say
              [04:24] [Impaler[WrG]] its got to have the right timing
              [04:25] [Maniac] now it comes
              [04:25] [N35t0r] I'd say that eventually, if only to keep them off balance by the time our attack arrives
              [04:25] [N35t0r] we don't want them poaching cities or alerting the nanas
              [04:26] [N35t0r] can I speak?
              [04:26] [N35t0r] With 3 willing civs?
              [04:26] [N35t0r] ""
              [04:26] [N35t0r]
              [04:27] [Maniac] what does poaching mean?
              [04:28] [Impaler[WrG]] silence please
              [04:28] [N35t0r] in this case, capturing cities or workers that should be ours, since we'll be handling the brunt of the war
              [04:29] [Maniac] But a moment ago you said they could have the southern city? ;-)
              [04:29] [N35t0r] we could SELL it to them
              [04:29] [N35t0r] not the same as let them have it for (almost) free
              [04:29] [Maniac] ah i see
              [04:29] [Impaler[WrG]] your thoughts
              [04:30] [Maniac] huuray?
              [04:30] [N35t0r] "You'd have to tell us who else you met."
              [04:30] [Impaler[WrG]] I'd say we dont realy care what the Banna-Storm relationship is, we wont get involved
              [04:31] [N35t0r]
              [04:31] [N35t0r] "Our traits favour a builder strategy"
              [04:32] [Maniac] "but we always carry a big stick"
              [04:34] [N35t0r] Also, us doing war now would be silly, with our UU in the next age, we should at least wait until then
              [04:34] [N35t0r]
              [04:35] [Maniac] I wonder if Senethro's avatar doesn't give them a huge hint...
              [04:36] [N35t0r] 'so do we, technically
              [04:37] [N35t0r] I might be able to show up, if it's not as late...
              [04:38] [N35t0r] MAPS
              [04:39] [Maniac] the metal and naval line would our classical line still be
              [04:39] [Maniac] we have alreadt told the Bananas
              [04:39] [Maniac] no secret here
              [04:39] [Maniac] we!
              [04:39] [Maniac] on who goes first
              [04:40] [Maniac] we don't mention metal casting but all the rest right?
              [04:40] [Impaler[WrG]] yes
              [04:40] [Impaler[WrG]] could someone get a lits preped
              [04:40] [Maniac] lits preped?
              [04:40] [Maniac] list prepped
              [04:41] [Impaler[WrG]] prepared
              [04:41] [N35t0r] they might know, from score, that we're not revealing one of the techs we have
              [04:42] [Maniac] working on it
              [04:42] [Impaler[WrG]] unlikly
              [04:43] [Maniac] The Wheel, Pottery, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Hunting, Mysticism, Mining, Bronze Working, Iron Working
              [04:43] [N35t0r] Impaler: I'd not underestimate them, they have quite capable players...
              [04:44] [Maniac] do we know if Blake is active?
              [04:44] [N35t0r] answer to their question: of course
              [04:44] [Maniac] but they can tell the Bananas
              [04:45] [N35t0r] what?
              [04:45] [Maniac] about our techs
              [04:45] [N35t0r] he means that we don't tell anyone else their techs, and vice-versa
              [04:46] [N35t0r] how dis that relevant?
              [04:47] [Maniac] I can copy the techs if you like
              [04:50] [Maniac] noe
              [04:51] [Impaler[WrG]] I think that when well
              [04:52] [Maniac] we should tell them we're not gonna research alphabet, as we told banana
              [04:53] [Maniac] they're not gonna tell that
              [04:54] [Maniac] I don't believe them
              [04:55] [N35t0r] farther along = farhter away from
              [04:58] [Maniac] nay!
              [04:58] [N35t0r] we'll have to check, as we were planning on sailing...
              [04:59] [N35t0r] should we ask them what to check it's not the same thing?
              [05:01] [Maniac] doesn't iron working plus some other minors cover the costs of alphabet?
              [05:01] [Maniac] reading my mind ;-)
              [05:03] [Maniac] wow you haven't just said we're researching alphabet right?
              [05:03] [Maniac] need to discuss I guess
              [05:03] [N35t0r] yeah
              [05:04] [N35t0r] we were really keen on getting boats
              [05:04] [Maniac] depends on when we want the GL, or when we want the pyramids or machinery with GE
              [05:05] [N35t0r] also, having maths before chopping our Chuko Army will be a great investment
              [05:05] [Impaler[WrG]] true
              [05:28] * Maniac is now known as NothingGoingOnHere
              [05:31] [NothingGoingOnHere] talking with EPW?
              [05:39] * NothingGoingOnHere has left #ac
              [06:26] * Impaler[WrG] has left #ac (Leaving)
              Session Close: Sun Dec 10 06:42:16 2006
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Avoid stuff like this in #Apolyton next time:

[02:11] jhmm
                [02:11] give me a mo, I'll see if I can raise nye
                [02:12] its not quite time to begin yet
                [02:12] he told me to message him when it was time
                [02:12] some other AC's will want to attend
                [02:12] * settler has joined #apolyton
                [02:12] * settler has quit IRC (Quit: settler)
                [02:13] from the PoV from a GSer who is stuck in Europe, I can say that these chats are incredably sucky for timing
                [02:13] anyone from any other teams here?
                [02:13] N35 your on Banana or Gathering Storm?
                [02:13] O_O
                [02:14] can anyone read the logs?
                [02:15] nye did you get the log of the last chat?
                [02:15] [nye_away] whoosh
                [02:15] [Impaler[WrG]] whoosh??
                [02:15] [nye_away] i'd really rather not discuss anything here
                [02:16] [Impaler[WrG]] oh ofcorse
                [02:16] [Impaler[WrG]] lets get a channel, #Negotiations
                [02:16] [N35t0r] join ignore
                [02:16] [Impaler[WrG]] can someone whip that up
                [02:17] [Impaler[WrG]] I admit I dont realy know how to go about doing that

[05:23] [Maniac] hey epc
                [05:23] [Maniac] hey epw
                [05:23] [Impaler[WrG]] Calling all Bananas!
                [05:23] [CrONoS_QC] im here
                [05:23] [CrONoS_QC] !
                [05:24] [flash9286] mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bananas
                [05:25] [EPW] ?
                [05:25] [Maniac] aha
                [05:25] [Maniac] say you active in the Banana team?
                [05:25] [Impaler[WrG]] their we go
                [05:25] [Impaler[WrG]] you played their last turn I think
                [05:25] [EPW] somewhat
                I'm even suspicious of all of us being in #Apolyton the whole time, even, as it's directly broadcasted to all of Poly.
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Impaler (everyone really): Remember you guys can edit my posts, so if you want to highlight anything by bolding it and/or colouring it, just ensure you don't do it at the same time.
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Good job guys! We might be having that partner for a 2 civ continent, we were looking for!

What was the screwup about? Calling for nanas in public channel?

Some analysis:
                    1.The paranoia wasn't even there. I think he was too hysteric for it to be real and dropped it too soon.

[04:59] [Impaler[WrG]] were planning on developing fishing sailing then masonry
                    [04:59] [Maniac] perhaps the question could then be: what would you guys like to have?
                    [04:59] [Maniac] there you already know ours ;-)
                    [05:00] [nye] we can cover masonry for you
                    [05:00] [nye] it is in our plans

[05:01] [Impaler[WrG]] and what else are you planning
                    [05:01] [Impaler[WrG]] we can trade you Iron working when were able too
                    [05:01] [nye] yes
                    [05:02] [Impaler[WrG]] good for chopping through thouse infernal jungles
                    [05:02] [nye] we are planning writing-math-masonry-cionstruction
                    Now I understand they need masonry for construction but this was quick.
                    I suspect them having stone (Pyramids, The Gardens) or planning to obtain it by conquest of the second city of Banana, claim also approved by their thinly veiled Banana partition proposal.

Masonry is a key tech. If we dont have it, we cannot build GL and Pyramids.

I have a following proposal in mind:

- We now proceed to Alphabet techwise, it would be done in ~15 turns
                    - Once it's done, we attempt to trade in Masonry without delay.
                    - If it fails we can still get it in 3 turns and manage to build Pyramids
                    - If it doesn't, we proceed to Fishing and Sailing which are ready in 8 or 9 turns, just at the time GE is done
                    - then we go on to Machinery, either pop it, or build Pyramids and research it

The pros of this proposal:
                    - minimum risk - we'll still get Masonry even if they betray us (worst case scenario)
                    - very quick Alphabet - we will be first at it, and having a financial civ as longtime tech trade partner will greatly enhance our ability to stay on top techwise
                    - being a tech broker is an advantage
                    - we get everything we want in time anyway and with less effort (dont need to research Masonry)

The cons:
                    - delayed Fishing and Sailing - while the first probably changes nothing, the second will delay the establishment of a trade route between us and GS a little
                    - will need to attempt to alter the tech deal with Bananas
                    - will need to rush GS a bit in regards to Masonry - they aint gonna finish both Masonry and Maths by the time we get Alphabet, so we need to bug them to start with Masonry

Regarding the Bananas - well what can I say.
                    If they cannot attend a scheduled meeting, even cannot be bothered to read the message properly, they have little reason to be trusted upon, as nye said.

We should still express friendliness towards them, however and perhaps something that could be described as a sense of guilt.

I propose to approach them and inform that because of recent discovery of the third civ and the slow research speed of Bananas, we have decided to take up researching Alphabet ourselves as we feel that if technological cooperation is not set up ASAP, 'other worlds' might surpass us (meaning all three) in might (may reference Mercs, as of us having heard of 'some mighty warriors dwelling in a far away land' or something ).
                    We should then move on to propose something else to research for them and seeing how they've got Priesthood and we're looking for Monarchy sooner or later, perhaps we should ask for this tech - it's beneficial to them too as they too have wine in surroundings. It also opens the path to great defensive tech - Feudalism.

Another thing about GS - they have ivory, because:
                    - they're near jungle
                    - they're shooting for Construction while leaving out IW
                    - some of the members are known as war elephant fans - if Blake is active in the team (and I would think he is), he most probably advocates using ivory asap.

Im sorry I wasn't there though you were expecting me, I was playing cIV up until 3am, planning to come in, but after eating some I just didn't feel like decyphering diplomacy.
                    I'll try to be on next time, will be installing mIRC shortly just for the case.
                    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Thanks for the log N35, heres my analysis, though i'd still like to have you and Maniac give your impressions as well.

The tech list they revealed is entirly plausable and logical, I have no reason to belive their lieing, but if anyone wants to do the math to make shure go right ahead.

Their teching almost identical to us up too this point They have archery in place of our Animal Husbandry and Iron Working. Their currently working on writing but we will finish first.

Their follow up techs are Masonry, Mathematics, Construction which meshes well with our plans except that somone need to get alphabet and Bananas are proving less reliable and have a slower tech rate then us so we should consider doing it ourselves.

Storm or atleast Notyoueither are rather paranoid about war breaking out on the continent. They wanted to know what our stance was with respect to a Storm/Banana war and I told them we would be nutral. They also hinted that their troubles comunicating with the Bananas was some kind of conspiracy, the talk with a minor Banana representitive we roped into the meeting when we saw he was online helped dis-suade that fear.

Bananas seem to have only 2 active members Platapus Rex and Daddy-O, and Storm seems quite pissed at Banana for being sloppy at comunicating. Though their is a possibility this is itself a ruse.

I'll be meeting with them again once we have some results to tell them, mainly if we will or will not be going alphabet. I personaly do favor doing so.
                      Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

The tech list they revealed is entirly plausable and logical, I have no reason to belive their lieing, but if anyone wants to do the math to make shure go right ahead.
                        I think PJay might clarify more.

Storm or atleast Notyoueither are rather paranoid about war breaking out on the continent.
                        I'd rather say they're paranoid about us + nanas ganging up on them, at least that's what nye was saying by asking how could that be that we have striked a deal with nanas, while they get no reasonable diplo exchange at all.

Bananas seem to have only 2 active members Platapus Rex and Daddy-O, and Storm seems quite pissed at Banana for being sloppy at comunicating. Though their is a possibility this is itself a ruse.
                        I suspect they might have wanted to arrange a meeting or a deal with Bananas and got no/erratic answer, whereas us even striking a tech deal with Bananas made GS think something is not right. Nanas might also have screwed up a deal proposal by providing faulty diplomacy.

Comment

Btw, once we have Alphabet, those guys will know we have MC.
                          What do we do about it?
                          Tell them, we wanted to silence existence of this tech for obvious reasons?

Comment

Won't we have popped our GE for Machinery before we get alphabet? They're going to find out anyway when we have chuks on the go.

I wouldn't worry about it. They have some old-time DGers on their team. They'll respect us for the success of our plan and won't hold it against us, so long as we don't threaten them.

Should I change my avatar?

Comment

Should I change my avatar?
                              I don't know Senethro, if they have noticed it, then definitely not, if they haven't then definitely yes, and the location string too.

Won't we have popped our GE for Machinery before we get alphabet?
                              No, if we set to getting Alphabet now, it will be at least 5 turns before GE when we get it.

I wouldn't worry about it. They have some old-time DGers on their team. They'll respect us for the success of our plan and won't hold it against us, so long as we don't threaten them.
                              That would be the optimal consequence.

Comment

Actually it'd be better to change it, as you're not so active poster around cIV forums, it might have gone unnoticed.

Comment

Working...
                                X