GP trading allowed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Illuminatus
    Even on ACDG3 private forums. it is most definitly not fixed there.

My mistake, I thought it was.

Well i edited posts by hercules and honghu so i guess its still in
    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
      I though Spartans came from Mexico, or at least somewhere in the South..
      Actually in the 2050s, Spartan Coalition, a survivalist movement, rose to prominence in North America.

Ugh, I assimilated too much background information about SMAC. At least I've got the new sig update.
      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Well i edited posts by hercules and honghu so i guess its still in

Illu, you have a typo in sig.
        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Ah, how typical of me.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

I just reread the thread.
            It looks like an endless purse for arguments and contrarguments.

I see that arguments that both tech and hapiness were also not intended to be gotten easily, trading those resources is okay - FP simply ignored that point by nitpicking the weaker part of the post.
            You can call it rhetorics Illu, but that doesn't speak anything good about the person doing it.
            It only says he's too weak to answer the strong argument.
            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

You know what I just realised guys?

Sarantium and Merc Team are the only teams to have philosophical trait, so all this hassle could be one big lobby to keep their advantage in creating GP.

It might be that they even have a certain strategy done on the topic already.

Comment

That is verry posible since we do the same idea with our factons when we can.
                You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
                There is a reason for everything.

Comment

Then we would have been used to support their strategy?

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Then we would have been used to support their strategy?

What do you mean?

My point was that they realised that GP gives them inherent strenght as they're double as good in getting them and didn't want to trade them, so the only other GP-rich civ couldn't spoil their masterplan by providing cheap way to GPs..

Comment

Yep.

We need to think like a politician and double think and then stab in the back since it looks like that is the way they are playing.

It is not the way we want to play but circumstances seem to deam otherwise.

If we try to stay nice you know we will go down in flames so lets take a Civ to the max of what is posible and show them that phylosaphy is powerfull but finances rule the game.

Go Team, Go Team; GO GO GO.

You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
                      There is a reason for everything.

Comment

Good encouragement

Comment

Great deduction binTravkin. How could we have missed that they were philosophical. How do we stand now?

Comment

My point was that they realised that GP gives them inherent strenght as they're double as good in getting them and didn't want to trade them, so the only other GP-rich civ couldn't spoil their masterplan by providing cheap way to GPs..
                            Umm yes what i just said=same thing. team merc maybe manipulating team ac into supporting them

We need to think like a politician and double think and then stab in the back since it looks like that is the way they are playing.
                            do you guys really think this way about it?

Why cant we play honorably?

Comment

And how come sarantium voted against GP trading if they are in league with team merc?

Comment

Great deduction binTravkin. How could we have missed that they were philosophical. How do we stand now?
                                What do you mean with 'stand'?
                                I probably didn't notice that coz I was busy proving the intended thing was made out of thin air.
                                If it proves true (the thing they want to monopolise GPs), it will come out completely right in the end about subjectivity of FP.

And how come sarantium voted against GP trading if they are in league with team merc?
                                Bah, Kata, they are not in one team with merc.

They are on the completely opposite side.

While Sarantium is trying to monopolise GPs and thus make full use of them, and probably become very strong through that, Merc is wanting to be allowed to trade them, so anyone can get them for a reasonable price.

Comment

Working...
                                X