GP trading allowed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder

Too many Civplayers want this to be a clash of linear growth, grudgingly accepting the possible benefits terrain gives to other teams. Wild cards like GP's don fit in such a view.

You should have seen the ruckus when I seized on a "loophole" left in the ruleset of the Civ PBEM I participate in.
      I agree with GeoModder. This is the truth. No to best micromanagment demogame.
      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Illu, you thought that was a joke?

Wanna login my account @ REMOVED ?
        Last edited by Illuminatus; March 2, 2006, 09:51.
        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Honestly, some Civ players can get very narrow minded. Others are obsessively fixed with Building. The fact that we're not playing on a Pangaea is bad enough as it has completely ruled out a conquest victory.

Comment

I wouldn't say that pangaea rules out conquest and I would say that pangaea is pretty extreme end.

Also, if GP is allowed, it should benefit the fighters at least a little, as Fried himself admitted, so it should balance out things with conquest.
            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Why should it be disallowed?
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

See the big thread where some conservativists are running in tail of the great Fried-Psitalon, who knowing he and his team has an inherent advantage due to being very expierenced in cIV MP, are doing all they can to disallow it.
                If it is on, their cardhouse of strategy would quickly dissolve as some things will be slightly different.

Everyone else except us, Mercs and some bright individuals are pretty much following blindly as sheep..

Comment

Lol, this is hilarious, I posted Soren's personal opinion, or maybe rather opinion how he sees the GP issue (because the question can be taken as not personal) and they drop on the quote demoting the very person who made this game..

Comment

Did you ask soren if you could quote him on that? Unless you linked him to our discussion, his statement would be illegitimate. On the same note, soren bashing= see thread

What they really are saying is CIV4 has one set of intended strategy and anything that goes beyond=bad. I suspected they wanted to own and define civ4 when i read their after-release posts reeking of 'holier than thou' (ironic statement from me, mr creationist ). The way they argued against tree chopping, did anyone see that? You couldnt say 'chop' without them showing up and extolling civ4(and how chopping is well balanced).

What is up with krill BS and not giving links?

Hehe what a big mess i helped start...
                    By helping start, i mean by sending in teh Latvian Elite Commandoes.
                    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Latvian Elite Commandoes
                      Tieði tâ, komandier!

Did you ask soren if you could quote him on that?
                      No I didn't.
                      I somehow assumed that he's a bit more of authority to those people and they won't be denouncing him.
                      Also - the statement is his opinion, who'd be posting in a forum aswell, if he was asked, so, I think there's nothing wrong with posting it if we talk about legal terms.
                      Im considering to send an apology to Soren.

soren bashing
                      Those people are indeed pathetic, I agree.
                      Bashing someone who's even not there..

What they really are saying is CIV4 has one set of intended strategy and anything that goes beyond=bad
                      Which contradicts what Soren says.

I suspected they wanted to own and define civ4 when i read their after-release posts reeking of 'holier than thou'
                      It seems the case here, yes.

What is up with krill BS and not giving links?
                      I think he's making it all up, like if there was/had been some discussion or stuff.
                      I highly suspect there wasn't, at least Soren would know and admit it.
                      And I really doubt a discussion can be so secret (at least most of it).
                      We're not talking about source code, after all..

Comment

Unfortunatly i dont have latvian fonts installed+auto translators cannot handle latvian at all. They cant handle any language-the only one i have any start on besides english is german, and i can see when it translates its just not right.

You should see the folder i put together on flyboy21a. Interesting dl person that likes RP
                        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

My latvian was basically:
                          'Yes, commander!'

Where do you have that folder?

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
                            Illu, you thought that was a joke?

Wanna login my account @ REMOVED ?
                            What forum is that?
                            Last edited by Illuminatus; March 2, 2006, 09:50.
                            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

That is Civ4 beta testing forum.
                              Not the main, Firaxis one though (which is restricted to special persons, some of whom are FP, Krill, NYE), but only Poly's.

Comment

Weird. It seems to have been founded 16 December 2005 only. Is it for an expansion pack (and are you a beta-tester)?
                                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
                                X