No announcement yet.

Some general questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I haven't played Civ for about maybe a year, and do not even have a copy at my home at the moment, but I'm intending to rectify this soon and get back into it.

I'd also like to get active in GS again, insofar as my limited abilities with the game can make any meaningful contribution.

All I can do at the moment is to enthuse about growth and economic development in conjunction with friendly relations with AC. Especially as I see my old friend Theseus waving his nuclear banana around and lusting for another war.

So soon, T?

I know some people think war is the fun bit of Civ, but I love peaceful building, and enjoyed my turnplayer role in the PTWDG1 for GS - ramping up the economy while building diplo relations with GoW for the attack on Lego. It's when the shooting starts (and even the detailed planning for it) that I get out of my depth.

Maybe our long term strategy should depend on what's going on 'over-there' in the rest of the world, when we find out, and we should look to be peaceful with AC at least until then. It seems that we are in no condition to go to war again soon, and having been at war since about turn 11 we really need to get an empire and economy going unmolested by military action.

Taking out AC (even if it were possible) would only paint a huge target on us from the pov of the overseas Civs. Also, war is much harder on the turn-player where there are few active players to support them. Human logistics, as well as game-goals, must be considered. Enjoying the game is far more important that winning it, at the end of the day.

Comment

Theseus - if you need any help send me a PM
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
        Thanks nye, if I got Bts would I need anything else? Would the addon prevent me from loading the save? Is the color mod need to just load the save, but not play the turn?
        Sorry I missed your question.

I think you can load the save if you have BtS, from what I read elsewhere, but a PM to snoopy could confirm.

I think the colour mod is needed to load the save, and you could then go on and play it...
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

If you have BtS and patch to 3.13, you will be fine... if you don't have BtS or can't patch to 3.13 you need to manually patch the vanilla DLL. Either way you need the C4DG color mod, though (yes, you need it to load the save), that shouldn't be a problem, it's a small download

Comment

Thanks, I got the mod, now I have to get BTS and the patch.

Comment

You don't need BtS to play this ... only vanilla. If you don't have BtS, you need this:

There should be the vanilla CvGameCoreDLL.dll in there... back up yours (it's in Civ 4 directory\Assets\ ) by copying it elsewhere (ie to desktop) and then copy the unzipped dll into assets; that should let you play with the modded save.

Comment

Thanks snoopy369. Is 1.61 all I need for patches?

Comment

Ok I got BtS now.

Comment

You can also back it up merely by renaming. I'm still around, and I think I can dig up my vanilla disc if needed. I'm just doing a really bad job of checking in, keeping up and contributing. Lot going on these next few months (marriage, graduation from law school, related job search, bar exam) so I make no guarantees, but I will at least try to be a little more active.
                    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                    X