Axemen III*: Forted on Road Hub
    Axemen IV*: Move 3?

Scouts
    Scout I: Heal

Workers
    Worker I: Cottage (2 turns, Wines)
    Worker II: Cottage (3 turns, Taz)

Science
    Current (41/turn +7): Construction (91/500) (9 turns)

Cities

Eye of the Storm (Size 5)
    WF: 1, 44, 74, 7, 78 (same)
    Growth (-/turn): 0/30
    Production (12/turn): Axeman (14/35)

Winestrom (Size 4)
    WF: 1, 2, 4, 7 (same)
    Growth (5/turn): 10/28 (5 turns)
    Production (3/turn): Granary (30/60) (10 turns)
    edit by Arrian: assuming granary is now a 1-pop whip, switch to axeman and whip from scratch for 2 pop (per Blake's post below).

Taz City (Size 3)
    WF: 3, 2, 41 (growth)
    Growth (6/turn): 04/26 (4 turns)
    Production (1/turn): Skirmisher (13/25) (12 turns)
    Last edited by Arrian; May 7, 2007, 14:45.

We got Alphabet last turn, so we really need to beef up our diplomacy somehow and arrange trades for all the small stuff Banana has to offer.

Does silver change anything for us? Obviously, hooking up Furs drops way down the priority list. EotS can grow now, but do we want to slow down it's production?

How do we assemble our Axes for incursion without leaving our cities/workers/improvements vulnerable to Vox?

Comment

Hmm.

Uh...EotS only ought to grow if it can get a granary...which, I think, we ought to slave for 1 pop when we can. Need the workers back to irrigate an fp and cottage another few, I think. However, this holds exactly the same for restarting growth at any point, not just now, I think.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Shouldn't Axeman III move into Wines? Axemen I and II can move onto the hill 6 of wines. Axeman IV can move 6 or 3, depending on what the Voxian warrior does. Axeman V is 2 turns away...

Am I correct that the silver means that (from a happiness perspective) we can leave winestrom empty if we want to (or was that already true?)?

As for EotS... my gut reaction is to grow, but without an improved tile that doesn't make a lot of sense. Plus, we want production right now more than anything.

When the worker that is currently 2 of wines is done with its cottage, it should probably build a road up on the hill east of wines. Then maybe mine the hill, as Wines could use some production.

The other worker can move to the tile 9 of EotS and begin improving it (cottage or farm, I'm not sure...).

-Arrian
        Last edited by Arrian; May 3, 2007, 09:07.
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

What I wouldn't give for a couple of chariots...

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Um, I think you made a mistake HM...you were supposed to whip WS for 2 pop iirc.
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
              Um, I think you made a mistake HM...you were supposed to whip WS for 2 pop iirc.
              I do what is in the orders and discussed to a consensus.

Comment

Whip it this turn, then.

As for techs... I think we may need a tech thread. The OP would list what techs we currently have, and any tech deals we've agreed to but have not yet completed.

Then we can discuss which techs we want to get, and how to get them (research, trade).

Off the top of my head:

Hunting
                The Wheel
                Agriculture
                Mining
                Archery
                Bronzeworking
                Pottery
                Mysticism
                Masonry
                Polytheism
                Mathematics
                Iron Working
                Alphabet

researching Construction.

What am I missing?

-Arrian

Comment

The Wheel
                  Agriculture
                  Mining
                  Bronzeworking
                  Pottery
                  Mysticism
                  Masonry
                  Polytheism
                  Mathematics
                  Iron Working - can't trade, as we traded for it.
                  Alphabet - can't trade, as we traded for it.

the rest of the stuff we can trade.

Comment

Hunting/Archery too, Krill. Good point that we need to flag techs we cannot trade.

-Arrian

Comment

Originally posted by Krill in the Turn 81, 875BC thread
                      Wines gets whipped for 2 pop next turn. Taz gets whipped for 2 pop when it reaches size 4. After that nothing was set in stone IIRC.
                      I read this, but thought "next turn" meant Turn 82, not Turn 81. If I had stopped and thought about the actual order, I would have realized that the appropriate turn to whip was the growth turn, but I don't whip much myself, so it didn't occur to me, sorry.

Originally posted by Hot Mustard
                      I do what is in the orders and discussed to a consensus.
                      By the way, I hope everyone knows that in sub forums like this you can edit other people's posts. If something important is missing from the orders - put it in! Highlight it and ask for discussion.

Comment

oh, editing others posts comes in very useful when you have multiple people acting as advisors.

And on the whip problem...if we can only whip for one pop due to the granary being 30/60, change production to an axe, and build it for one turn, making sure we have less than 5 hammer invested, then whip it for 2 pop, and put the overflow into the granary. it won;t complete the granary, but we should only be like 2 turns from finishing if we use a plains forest for a turn or so. It isn't the end of the world.

Comment

Wines, with Axe I in town, has 5>4 happiness. I think that means we can move him out, but double check m e on that, please. I'm for moving Axe II 6. The worker is still shielded, and we can move Axe II into Vox territory if we want. If we move him farther toward The Voice, that grassland serves as a killing zone with Schumacher where he is, which still serves to shield the worker.
                          Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Some data mining on the state of our foes:

Vox have Animal Husbandry. They do not have Iron Working.

Vox have founded a second city. It is called Moscow.

AC have completed the Oracle, power graph jump suggests they took Machinery.

Comment

This is CIV 1.61. Whipping bugs of all sorts are alive and well.

We can whip Axemen from 0 hammers, for 2 pop giving the full 60h. This should be done at Wines if the granary can no longer be 2-popped.

Wines does not need a garrison for happiness, until it's size 5, or suffers whip-anger at size 4.

That silver really is a stroke of good fortune, we are very sorted for happiness with Fur, Ivory (Market) and Gold, Silver (Forge). Not to mention getting even more commerce in an already very tasty BigB capital.

"Unfortunately" it makes it harder to grow EotS since we now have 4 high quality tiles, and for that matter the mined grassland river hill is also above average quality (meaning, not worth killing). We want to pasture the sheep ASAP, it also wouldn't hurt to cottage another floodplain and move the Grassland Hill worker there.

Granary is an interesting thing... the Granary does not speed up growth to size 6, it only speeds up growth to size 7. Essentially, growing without the Granary wastes 16 food in the future. Growing without the granary again would waste 17 food, and so on. Wasting 16 food in the future, to defer spending 60h, is probably a worthwhile tradeoff, especially given that EotS is NOT a good city for whipping, it's tile quality is far too high.
                              As such I would be inclined to suggest pasturing the sheep ASAP, getting +2fpt there, and also cottaging another floodplain, with the grassland mine worker being moved there once it's complete (no working unimproved floodplains)
                              At size 6 (it'll take about 12 turns, probably) we would have the new pop put on the Grassland Mine and continue growing sans-granary (at 3fpt) until we are done popping out catapults.

Granaries are absolutely huge for whipping cities, but delaying them is acceptable for a city like EotS.

So the plan should be:
                              1) Acquire Animal Husbandry from Banana.
                              2) Once the Taz worker is done, move him directly to the Sheep - it's possible to put a free turn of a mine into the desert hill hub, ie move 2-4-MINE-Cancel, move directly to Sheep. That is optimal.

As for trade with Banana, I'd suggest Mathematics for as much as they'll give us.

Comment

Working...
                              X