• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 80, 900BC

Turn 80, 900BC

Units

Warriors
    Spinebreaker: 1.9/2 9/10 Exp (W2). Heal (1 turn)
    Thug: 2/2, 0/2 Exp. Forted (EotS)

Skirmishers
    Cantona: 4/4 0/2 Exp. Forted on Forest Hill
    Schumacher: 4/4 0/2 Exp. Forted on Hill

Axemen
    Axemen I*: Move 6?
    Axemen II*: Move 6?
    Axemen III*: Move and fort on Road Hub?

Scouts
    Scout I: Move or Heal

Workers
    Worker I: Cottage
    Worker II: Cottage

Science
    Change rate to 100%

Current (35/turn +7): Mathematics complete, start Construction (0/500) (12 turns)

Cities

Eye of the Storm (Size 5)
    WF: 1, 44, 74, 7, 78 (same)
    Growth (-/turn): 0/30
    Production (12/turn): Axeman (25/35)

Winestrom (Size 3)
    WF: 2, 4, 7 (same)
    Growth (6/turn): 25/26 (1 turn)
    Production (1/turn): Granary (26/60) (34 turns)

Taz City (Size 2)
    WF: 2, 41 (same)
    Growth (5/turn): 18/24 (2 turns)
    Production (1/turn): Skirmisher (11/25) (14 turns)
    Last edited by Hot Mustard; April 24, 2007, 09:18.

Possible route for Axes:

6-3-9-3-6 (next to The Voice) - 3-6 (north of gold hill, southwest of iron)

Comment

Sure, and if they pull archers to the south to interdict, we can move our northern skirm in behind them...

In fact, when the axes march onto the hill 6-3 of Winestrom, the skirm should start moving south. If the Voxian archers stay put up north, so does the skirm (he will still be on a forest tile). If they move, he's in position to shadow them directly, and potentially join up with the axemen as they march in. 2 axes are strong. 2 axes + 1 skirm are even stronger.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

AC should be sending Alphabet their next turn, and expecting Math and Archery back.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
          AC should be sending Alphabet their next turn, and expecting Math and Archery back.
          Check the AC Diplomacy thread - they want to reopen negotiations on that.

Comment

No barbs around Spinebreaker.

Scout damaged (0.4/1.0) - should we heal, or retreat back to our lands (a couple of turns) and then heal? Also got promotion - Woody I?

Vox is pressing - I'm guessing they think we don't have many units available.

The position of their Warrior is threatening our worker, and also capable of sitting on the forest hill of EotS in two turns. The former issue is easily solved by moving an Axe 2 out of the city to protect the worker, and the latter could be covered by moving Axe III 2 this turn, and 3 next.

Those are the cautious moves though - I'm looking for input.

Construction in just 12 turns.

Diplomacy: Shall we offer Mathematics and Archery for Alphabet in-game? Or should we take AC's offer to renegotiate for more, but thus stalling the actual trade?

Comment

Scout - woody I is probably the right call (could argue for guerilla I or even combat I in the hopes of getting him to 5XP and giving him medic). I would heal in place this turn and see where that barb warrior moves.

Other units: one axe south to cover the worker is fine by me. If their warrior doesn't flee in terror, it dies, giving us XP.

AxeIII is the one on the road, right? I'd move him along the road toward wines as planned.

I might consider moving the skirmisher in the north 2.

Tech: anything wrong with the original deal? If not, why not execute it as planned? I guess I'm a little confused about this renegotiation thing...

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

We also need to consider the safety of our copper - it is undefended and could be pillaged by that sad little warrior.

Comment

Axe1 moves 2
                  Axe3 moves 9 onto desert hill

Next turn Axe4 moves 3 if Vox Warrior moves 1

---

Not sure about AC wanting to renegiotiate the trade. I would say that we are happy trading maths and archery for alphabet, because it isn't a bad trade. Just not sure if they are having second thoughts about giving up their monopoly on alphabet.

PS, I'll bet that AC are going to oracle machinery then run nana over with chokes. Wager is 1 sig line for a week. Any takers?
                  You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Hummm.

There's a lot of ways to move at Wines, I think that moving the Axe to cover the worker is as good as any.
                    Another would be to move the worker onto the hill under the skirmisher and build a road there to increase the mobility of units in Wines.
                    We should be able to intercept the warrior with the next Axe from EotS, doesn't matter what tile it's on, if we catch it with the Axe it's dead.

I suggest going ahead with the Mathematics/Archery for Alphabet trade. They'll definitely want maths. We want Alphabet.

Scout: Combat 1 for possibility of Medic later.

Comment

Only problem I see with making the archer combat one is that there aren't many animals around now, so it might not get to medic. Then again the other promotions aren't going to do much for us so it is probably worth it.
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Re: Turn 80, 900BC

Turn 80, 900BC

Units

Warriors
                        Spinebreaker: 1.9/2 9/10 Exp (W2). Heal (1 turn)
                        Thug: 2/2, 0/2 Exp. Forted (EotS)

Skirmishers
                        Cantona: 4/4 0/2 Exp. Forted on Forest Hill
                        Schumacher: 4/4 0/2 Exp. Forted on Hill

Axemen
                        Axemen I*: Forted in Wines (we need the happiness next turn)
                        Axemen II*: Moved 2
                        Axemen III*: Moved to Road Hub

Scouts
                        Scout I: Promoted to Combat I, Heal

Workers
                        Worker I: Cottage
                        Worker II: Cottage

Science
                        Changed rate to 100%

Current (35/turn +7): Mathematics complete, start Construction (0/500) (12 turns)

Cities

Eye of the Storm (Size 5)
                        WF: 1, 44, 74, 7, 78 (same)
                        Growth (-/turn): 0/30
                        Production (12/turn): Axeman (25/35)

Winestrom (Size 3)
                        WF: 2, 4, 7 (same)
                        Growth (6/turn): 25/26 (1 turn)
                        Production (1/turn): Granary (26/60) (34 turns)

Taz City (Size 2)
                        WF: 2, 41 (same)
                        Growth (5/turn): 18/24 (2 turns)
                        Production (1/turn): Skirmisher (11/25) (14 turns)

Diplomacy
                        Offered Mathematics & Archery for Alphabet to AC
                        Last edited by Hot Mustard; April 25, 2007, 08:58.

Comment

Working...
                        X